Sign in to follow this  
TouchPilot

Beta testers needed for new tablet app. Control your sim from your tablet!

Hello fellow sim pilots. I'd like to announce that my brand new company, Touch Pilot, is looking for beta testers for our new tablet app. The app allows you to adjust your throttle, mixture, prop, landing gear, flaps, and more with just a tap. Now you don't have to remember all those keyboard commands. It works with any simulator or game running on a Windows PC. It especially works with FSX. It works by emulating a joystick on your PC, and transmits your inputs over WiFi. You map the controls just like you would on a regular joystick. There's a server component that you run on your PC, and of course the tablet app that runs on an iPad or Android tablet. You can sign up for the beta by visiting the link below. Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

http://gettouchpilot.com

Cheers,

Ben @ TP

I would love to do this, but do you guys supply the tablets? Just kidding, but it is a nice idea. Will you have a GPS control?

Thanks

Bob

I would love to do this, but do you guys supply the tablets? Just kidding, but it is a nice idea. Will you have a GPS control?

Thanks

Bob

haha, sorry we can't supply the tablet. we'll be supporting the kindle fire though. it's only $200, and it's not a bad piece of hardware.

gps moving maps will be coming down the road, in a separate product. we have a lot of cool stuff in the works!

haha, sorry we can't supply the tablet. we'll be supporting the kindle fire though. it's only $200, and it's not a bad piece of hardware.

gps moving maps will be coming down the road, in a separate product. we have a lot of cool stuff in the works!

Hi Ben,

I wish you the best of luck. It is always nice to see new endeavors for FSX.

Regards

Bob

Hi Ben,

I wish you the best of luck. It is always nice to see new endeavors for FSX.

Regards

Bob

thanks so much for the warm welcome, bob!

Kobo Vox colour eReader supported?

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I signed up, my Galaxy Tab 10.1 will welcome a new toy to play with. Are these panels shown all that's developed so far? For instance.. The lights panel.. Only 4 buttons and only two have anything to do with exterior lighting.. What about the rest? Becon light etc

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Kobo Vox colour eReader supported?

Al

yes, probably. the requirements for android are 2.1+, and at least a 1024x600 screen.

I signed up, my Galaxy Tab 10.1 will welcome a new toy to play with. Are these panels shown all that's developed so far? For instance.. The lights panel.. Only 4 buttons and only two have anything to do with exterior lighting.. What about the rest? Becon light etc

yes, that's all we have for now. at the moment, we are limited by our virtual joystick driver to 32 buttons, and we have used all 32 of them (the trim wheels use two each). we made decisions about which buttons to include based on what is mappable in FSX and other sims. for instance, even though many planes have a beacon light switch, that switch is not mappable in FSX, for some reason. the four mappable light switches in FSX are the ones we included in our panel.

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Looks very promising - please don't forget Prepar3D compatibility!

Beta testing before selling the product? That's so last century :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Beta testing before selling the product? That's so last century :LMAO:

Al

:biggrin:

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I have an iPad and will get for you. Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART