Sign in to follow this  
OMGBBQ32

Stat Update Ready for Release!

Beta forums for core products are boring..

Put system specs in your sig

Post problem

Post graphic settings said problem occured with

Post frequency that the problem is reproducible

Post precisely how to reproduce it

Then it will either never be acknowledged or a dev will stroll by and give it a tracking number and thank you for your support and move on..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Of course, which is why people with access are frequently "passing things along" in both directions. Rolling%20Eyes.gif

Either it is a valuable resource for which all customers should have access, or it's not a valuable resource and therefore no longer has a reason to exist. There's no valid middle ground once the beta is over and customers are paying for the product.

Which is why I'm glad the forums are not open to all; people who indulge in false dichotomies are likely to run amok with what they think are entitled to.

just out of curiosity... what are you playing now, while waiting for ALASKA?

Im not flying Flight much these days. Im sure I will once Alaska is out, but im bored of Hawaii, Maule, and RV's. Consider that I have been flying Flight for two years now...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

just out of curiosity... what are you playing now, while waiting for ALASKA?

Right now I'm playing World of Tanks. I got into World of Warplanes beta but its too early to be playable. I just got a Hetzer in WoT.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Hehe... don't know what it is :Straight Face: .... I'll check it :-)

Thx!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

they want to to use reliable people

"Reliable people" is not how I would describe beta testers who have allowed 2 cockpitless aircraft to see the light of day.

Unfortunately, I haven't logged into Flight in probably 5 or more days. Incredibly bored with Hawaii.

"Reliable people" is not how I would describe beta testers who have allowed 2 cockpitless aircraft to see the light of day.

We don't test anything until they tell us to. 2 cockpitless aircraft our out of our own control if Microsoft wants to do that. You have to take in the fact that they are also making an aircraft for Alaska at this very exact same moment.

Currently, they are creating 2 Aircraft and 1 State for all of us to enjoy in the future. Keep the fact they they have 40-50 people working on this too.

Now think about it, if they are supposed to keep on schedule of 1 aircraft a month and 1 scenery every quarter year, you have to think about this:

-Quality>Quantity

-Time Factors

-Amount of People

Now us former beta testers have not signed a contract saying they we can help with the development of these products and therefore we have no right to ask to test. However, if a lot of people ask to test, I'm pretty sure they will take into consideration whether or not to accept it and let former beta testers test.

The word "reliable" in their minds of gaming is that they trust the people who have tested it for about a month and have helped them fix problems and bugs.

Now that it's released, we still have the ability to make suggestions and post bugs that others out here may be reporting. That's of course if it hasn't been stated on the Steam Forums yet.

The fact is that we are considered "reliable" people due to the fact we have been helping the developers since the beginning of January. It's nothing else. Plus, if they want to secretly ask people to test things, the first that comes to mind are beta testers, not the public.

I'm pretty sure there are millions of people out there in the public that are wanting to test unreleased products. However, those millions of people can only be limited to a few hundred or so.

The key reason why we allowed 2 cockpitless aircraft to see the light of day is because we have no right to FORCE developers to create a cockpit that they had no intent of making.

The P51 is supposed to be a plane that people can have fun with. Same goes with the Zero.

As far as I know beta testers were not allowed by MS to test those 2 cockpitless bitmaps,of course. I am still in the beta forum so I think I would have read somewhere if someone would have tested them.

Those cockpitless releases are part of a MS strategy, they are not casual mistakes.

Jason, that doesn't make any sense. Beta testers do not own the game; MGS does. Beta testers don't decide the content, the format, the target audience of the game; MGS does. The only role of a beta tester was clearly mentioned above: file bug reports that can be reproduced. Whether the devs fix the bugs is up to them, not the beta tester.

Beta tester are no big deal in the scheme of things, especially since MGS already has an official in-house test team that follows strict protocols and finds most of the bugs before public beta testers are even chosen. Anybody who dreams of being a beta tester is living an illusion because there is no particular advantage to installing buggy code on one's computer and being forced to find the problems and issues. Most people who volunteer for beta testing are not particulary good at it, either, and are rarely able to find bugs that are staring them in the face.

So, stop blaming beta testers for issues in the game, and instead communicate with the devs through the official channels with your issues. If you write to them with courtesy, respect, and a lot of detail, they will read the comment and perhaps add it to their list (or perhaps not, just like they do with beta tester requests!). But, if you are rude and spiteful, then they will probably ignore the comment, as can be expected.

Best regards.

Luis

So, stop blaming beta testers for issues in the game, and instead communicate with the devs through the official channels with your issues. If you write to them with courtesy, respect, and a lot of detail, they will read the comment and perhaps add it to their list (or perhaps not, just like they do with beta tester requests!).

Yeah, that is sad and that is the dramatic truth....

All 800 betatesters voted for the ATC for example and what MS did ? It simply ignored us all preferring to tweak small cosmetic aerocaches bugs instead.

This let you know how business are done over there....

God, some of you guys are so misinformed that it makes my brain hurt!

Please do some research as to what a Beta is before you get all up in arms about it and blame the Beta testers for things you dislike about the game. I mean, you are complaining about not getting access to something you dont know anything about, its ridiculous! I am sorry if I sound a bit arrogant here but what the heck, guys?

All 800 betatesters voted for the ATC for example and what MS did ? It simply ignored us all

Simply not true.