Sign in to follow this  
TKent

Why am I nose-to-nose with another aircraft on the taxiway?

Just turned off the active runway after landing at CYUL Montreal and found myself nose-to-nose with another aircraft on the taxiway, aimed straight at me. He braked. I braked. Then we just stared at each other. I have nothing installed but FSX and the PMDG NGX. I don't mind another a/c or two taxiing around the airport at a distance, but this is getting too personal. How do I shut these a/c off?

Or, if I leave them enabled, what should I do in a situation like this?

Tom Kent

Should I answer in all 5 topics or just in one?

Do you use FSX ATC? There is good chance you landed at wrong runway (at least not assigned for landings by FSX ATC). So you can call tug to push you back and than to do backtrack via rwy.

Should I answer in all 5 topics or just in one?

Do you use FSX ATC? There is good chance you landed at wrong runway (at least not assigned for landings by FSX ATC). So you can call tug to push you back and than to do backtrack via rwy.

Not using FSX ATC, at least that I know of. (And sorry about the multiple posts. Trying to get the others down.)

I suggest you to at least turn ATIS frequency and write down what rwy is available for landings, as you can find yourself in really bad situation to crash into AI aircraft taking off while you rolling out.

About multiple topics, it seems whole forum goes crazy, there are too many double topics to be coincidence.

Not using FSX ATC, at least that I know of. (And sorry about the multiple posts. Trying to get the others down.)

You may not be using FSX ATC, but if there's default AI traffic active, they are using it.

Matheus Mafra

just get out of the plane and have a dignified discussion with the other pilot just as you would in a minor car accident :)

Turn off aircraft collisions and roll with it.. There are times when the AI will run nose to nose operations when the wind isn't blowing very hard. I'd rather have some life at my airports than none at all (except if it's the default AI that is :Nerd:).

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

just get out of the plane and have a dignified discussion with the other pilot just as you would in a minor car accident :)

Are you sure you live in Auckland :LMAO: ???

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Would love to see two pilots having a "dignified discussion"...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

If you have the registered version of FSUIPC you can assign a key to zap him.

I too have run into this, I have FSUIPC but have not seen the zapper. Can you explain?

Thanks

Phill Dant

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Are you sure you live in Auckland :LMAO: ???

Well of course I am :)

Well of course I am :)

I drive around town quite a bit for work and am a daily witness to rude, inconsiderate and agressive driving... :diablo: Hence my tongue-in-cheek question Just%20Kidding.gif !

BTW I was at Wiri the other day visiting a client and obviously rwy 23L was in use, because when I got out of the car the Air Pacific 737NG passed overhead on finals - such a spectacular sight ! Did you get that livery for the NGX '800 ? It's as beautiful as the real thing, I reckon.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I drive around town quite a bit for work and am a daily witness to rude, inconsiderate and agressive driving... :diablo: Hence my tongue-in-cheek question Just%20Kidding.gif !

BTW I was at Wiri the other day visiting a client and obviously rwy 23L was in use, because when I got out of the car the Air Pacific 737NG passed overhead on finals - such a spectacular sight ! Did you get that livery for the NGX '800 ? It's as beautiful as the real thing, I reckon.

Speaking of 23L...cops love pinging people down there because everyone ignores the limit ;)