Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Routes you're looking forward to doing?

I'd be too scared about my FSX Crashing on finals :LMAO: Squawk Box doesn't like my FSX a lot.

After I bought the MD-11 I was on a YSSY-PHNL flight. About an hour before top of descent FSX crashed. I was p*ssed. After that I realized that saving regularly is a fairly good thing. Especially on a long-haul...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Excellent topic. I'd love to do the polar route Brandon mentioned with Air Canada.

I would also do these:

Using TAM Linhas Aereas (Brazilian airlines) with 777-300ER:

SBGR (or SBGL) to KMIA

SBGR (or SBGL) to KJFK

SBGR (or SBGL) to LFPG

SBGR (or SBGL) to EGLL

Using United Airlines with 777-200 or 777-200ER:

KIAH-EGLL

KIAH-PHNL

Using FedEx with 777F:

KMEM ("SuperHub")-OMDB

KMEM-VHHH

KMEM-LFPG

Wow. I can't wait for the 777 to come out... It's going to be awesome! I know the PMDG servers will crash on release day! :LMAO:

After I bought the MD-11 I was on a YSSY-PHNL flight. About an hour before top of descent FSX crashed. I was p*ssed. After that I realized that saving regularly is a fairly good thing. Especially on a long-haul...

Does it save all the FMC Data etc? Maybe I should do that every hour when doing those ULH's!

Does it save all the FMC Data etc? Maybe I should do that every hour when doing those ULH's!

FMC data and switch positions are saved. Start the sim, load the flight and you're good to go. You may loose a little (not a lot) altitude while the sim initializes but the AP will get back on track.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

FMC data and switch positions are saved. Start the sim, load the flight and you're good to go. You may loose a little (not a lot) altitude while the sim initializes but the AP will get back on track.

Never realised it saved everything! Yeah that's not a problem, thanks for letting me know mate!

Never realised it saved everything! Yeah that's not a problem, thanks for letting me know mate!

Welcome.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Wait, but if it saves only the FMS data, what about the actual aircraft position? I did a quick test flight and saved it, but it started me at the gate.

Save the flight inflight (say 2 hours after takeoff) via the FSX Save menu. Not the PMDG - Save Panel State menu. Then when you want to load that flight, start FSX, choose Load from the main screen, select the flight and FSX will load the flight inflight.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Save the flight inflight (say 2 hours after takeoff) via the FSX Save menu. Not the PMDG - Save Panel State menu. Then when you want to load that flight, start FSX, choose Load from the main screen, select the flight and FSX will load the flight inflight.

Ah. Thanks.

Ah. Thanks.

Welcome.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I have somewhere in my desk a few routes from MUHA to a few places in europe and i also have some more departing from a few airports here in the US . I have all the fuel, pax data used in the actual flight , when ever i get a chance ill post it here so that you guys can try the same routes if you want ..

Image removed as image is no longer available.

The VA I fly for allows saving flights. It works for me I rather be able to save a flight and finish it later, not very many VA's allow that.

No No, it's best to load up the default aircraft I always start from the rwy I took off from then go to flights, load it and unpause and off you go.

I find it interesting that YSSY seems to be a popular destination here yet none of the recognised scenery designers have elected to take the plunge for FS9 or FSX. Disappointing really.

Where does everyone get the time to do these long flights? Do you get airborne then put it in autopilot then leave? My flights would be CYYZ--KBUF or KJFK. 1hr to 1hr half long flights.

George Lee

Asus Maximus Hero IX Motherboard, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Geforce GTX 1080, Corsair 16Gb memory, Corsair case, Corsair PSU

I think in the real world on a long haul flight you would take off, fly for a little bit, let relief crew take over while you do somthing else such as sleep...then you return for approach/landing. In a sense for FS, the autopilot becomes your relief crew for long haul flights and a reasonable FSX substitute for simulated real ops.

TJ