Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAdlai

FedEx AI Package

Hi all,

Just wanted to share some shots I took of AI traffic at KMEM. For those wondering, this is custom traffic, created by downloading FedEx flightplans, repaints for the WOAI craft I already have, and throwing it together. It's a much better result than the PAI traffic, and probably better than the old WOAI pack, though I can't say for sure (never got it). The airplanes I've got going in n' out are the; A300-600F, A310-200F, A310-300F, 727-200F, 757-200F, DC-10-30F (very rare), MD-10-10F, MD-10-30F, and MD-11F.

FedEx_1.jpg

An A300 next to an assortment of planes.

FedEx_2.jpg

An MD-10-30 next to the main FedEx terminal.

FedEx_3.jpg

A 727 down at the very last spot before the fence.

FedEx_4.jpg

Some 727s and 757s at the smaller terminal where the narrow-bodies park.

FedEx_5.jpg

An A310 near the end of the main terminal.

FedEx_6.jpg

This has to be my favorite shot. I love seeing dozens of an airline's tail logo lined up.

FedEx_7.jpg

An MD-11 parked among it's brethren.

Hope y'all enjoy, and for the record, everything was freeware (airport, AI, etc.).

Any thought to packaging up as a freeware upload to this site for others to enjoy your work, which looks amazing by the way. Good job.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Sorry, but no. Take a look at the fine print of the AIM DC-10/MD-10. Thanks for the comment though!

Great job!

Here is my KMEM,

Blueprint Memphis,with WOAI Fed Ex traffic.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Nice shot. Just out of curiosity, what aircraft are in WOAI's old package? Any I'm missing? Also, would you recommend the KMEM scenery? For now, Ray Smith's (freeware) is good enough, though I was thinking of buying that.

You could always package it without the AIM DC-10/MD-10, then leave it up to the user to download on their own.

Just a thought.

One of your models seems to be missing a texture or something in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pic, but mostly noticible in the 2nd pic where it's completely black.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

One of your models seems to be missing a texture or something in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd pic, but mostly noticible in the 2nd pic where it's completely black.

Good eye! It's the A310-300F, I put -200F textures on without realizing it, and never got around to fixing it. If you look closely, it's actually somewhere in almost all the pictures.

I have more reasons than just AIM to not package it. That was just an example. For one thing, I added them as entries to the existing WOAI planes, using the same format, just for the fun of making it look "official". That would mean either, 1) remove the entries, renumber everything, and then create new folders just for the FedEx planes, or 2), just include the whole folder, which I don't think would go over too well with WOAI...

Thanks for the interest though, I'll make a post explaining which paints to download, which models to use, how to integrate the flight plans with AIFP, etc. later.

Too much FedEx!!! :)

1) if you weren't really interested in sharing how this is done (and it seems you aren't) then maybe post in the screen shot forum.

2) I've never seen it look this way during the day. At night? Absolutely positively. It's actually really awe inspiring if you're really into planes and the company

3) with your traffic, can you have control over the runway the fdx planes use? 18C is the "FedEx" runway in Mem so it'd be a touch more real

4) didn't notice it but you'll have to add more 767 and 777 in the near future. Also reduce 727 and I don't think there is even a "dc" anything still flying. Every 10 seems to have been converted. But I could be off

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Too much FedEx!!! :)

1) if you weren't really interested in sharing how this is done (and it seems you aren't) then maybe post in the screen shot forum.

2) I've never seen it look this way during the day. At night? Absolutely positively. It's actually really awe inspiring if you're really into planes and the company

3) with your traffic, can you have control over the runway the fdx planes use? 18C is the "FedEx" runway in Mem so it'd be a touch more real

4) didn't notice it but you'll have to add more 767 and 777 in the near future. Also reduce 727 and I don't think there is even a "dc" anything still flying. Every 10 seems to have been converted. But I could be off

Actually, just search "Memphis Airport", and you should get a picture that looks just like this, at midday. On the other hand, you're right there should be even more at night. Unfortunately, my traffic gets pretty thin at night, and on the weekends. I may just take the day flight plans and reverse the departure times, so that I get lots all day.

I may or may not add 767/777 traffic. I also have no control over which runways they use, nor the tower (FedEx has a tower). The only thing one can control is where they park.

As for sharing, I already explained why I can't distribute it. I will however, as explained above, give detailed instructions as to how to put together the package.

I did the same thing, although as I have UT2 I took it a step further and converted the flight plans to UT2 using it's power pack utility. (Did the same thing for UPS). AS we know UT2 only displays traffic with a period of time prior to departure. Some say it's as little as 20 minutes, but I think it's more like 3 or 4 hours. I just went and checked KMEM in hour intervals starting at 8:00AM to 5:00PM (17:00). It appears at 8:00 the terminal is almost empty only 2 or 3 planes visible , a little more at 9 and gradually building up through 15:00 then it looks like a mass exodus and by 16:00 most flights have departed, with the stragglers except for 2 or 3 gone by 17:00. This is a shot at 15:00 followed by 16:00.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I think the blueprint scenery was worth the money,To me Blueprint's stuff seems kind of bland,but the frame rates are great.

As far as WOAI old package, FEDEX SUMMER 2005 AIA B721, B722, EVAI DC10-10, DC10-30B, DC10-30C, FSP A306, A310, MD11

Repaints : Tony Fosler, Scott Rodgers

Flightplans : Boris Le Veve

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”