Sign in to follow this  
Samson

How to make Shared Cockpit work in all Aircraft

Hi all

The reason I got back into FSX was to teach a friend how to fly. This worked well on the default aircraft but as he progressed and we chose more complex aircraft to fly shared cockpit wasn't supported.

We're at the stage now where we are starting a VA with an emphasis on multiplayer flying, Eclipse Virtual.

I'm sure many of you share the same frustrations and I started to think of workarounds to this.

The issue seems to be that the gauges can't talk to each other if they are not created in a format FSX can understand. I was wondering if it would be possible to create some software that bypassed this, or indeed, if any software already existed that would send the commands from one cockpit to another without having to understand the gauge logic.

My thought process was as follows;

FSUIPC can log commands within the sim i.e. If I was flying the PMDG 737 NGX and pressed the ARR/DEP FMS switch then then that command would be logged.

Could some software not just send that command to the other player and have his ARR/DEP button initiated too?

I appreciate that the information on panel start would have to be identical, switches in the same position, fuel load the same etc. but I lack the geekery needed to see any paticular problem with this.

As with all good ideas I'm sure this has been thought of before!

If someone with the knowledge could enlighten me as to the issues with this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Samson

This is how it works at the moment -- (when it does )

Good luck! Not many developers have been succesful with multiplayer.

I know the Fokker 100 and the Maddog are about the onyl aircraft where you can succesfully share the cockpit.

I own the Maddog and it is brilliant, when the other pilot types on the FmS i can see every letter as it is being entered, every switch he moves, etc.

I truly hope the NGX or the FSLabs Airbus can have it implemented!

Aerosoft's Duke Turbine is also 100% Share Cockpit Operational. (after Sp1 Update)

Every switch, knob and gauge runs across Shared Cockpit correctly.

Thats great to know, I have it and never tried it in that plane, we will now, thanks for the heads up

Jay

Does it work with tcp/ip or only via FSX multiplayer?

My buddy and I tried out the Carenado KingAir c90 last night in shared cockpit and it works 100%.

GH

More good news, tks!

Jay

Thanks for the responses guys, is there any chance could let me know how to get the maddog working in shared cockpit?

A friend and I have spend probably over 5 hours just trying to follow the manual and other guides on the website but nothing works for us. We've tried used hamachi and connecting directly but no joy.

Samson, there are two ports you need to open, from memory 26869 and 26867.

Then it should be a matter of sitting at a gate in cold and dark, same sim time, same weather settings, the person with the best internet selects "connect as pf" and within 5 seconds the other selects "connect as pnf"

You should then see a red message indicating you are a pf or pnf. We connect via teamspeak to coordinate things. Try moving the flight director switch and if the other person sees it, you are good to go.

Yes but what about the scenery. I always found the slave computer is choppy than a slap chop.

Yes but what about the scenery. I always found the slave computer is choppy than a slap chop.

Hi,

I've never experienced this issue, The scenery is smooth on both computers, even the clouds are at the same location.

hi,

Does anyone know if the realair lancair works in shared cockpit mode?

Thank you

Are you talking sharing computers over the internet (which is what I was referring to) or a LAN in the same room.