Sign in to follow this  
ukflight

Creative x-fi driver

I seem to be having a little problem with this sound card and Bryan has said that the latest driver should be removed and replaced by what was on the original CD. I haven't got it unfortunately as it was originally for XP 32 and I now have W7 64bit and I downloaded the latest driver when I put W7 on. Does anyone have an original driver for my system or alternatively know where I can get it. It does not seem to be available on the Creative site.

What kind of problems are you having ? I have Creative x-fi titanium and I have been struggling hard with drivers for months (every few days the system would not recognize the card and the driver had to be reinstalled from scratch). I fixed the issue (keeping my fingers crossed...) by completely removing the creative drivers and installing the so called Pax Drivers. They are a sort of optimized creative drivers (search for Creative Pax on the web and download the version for your card). I have been using them for more than a month and everything is fine so far....

However I am seriously considering buying a new card.....no more Creative...probably Asus D2x.

Good luck

Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Jackson - I don't believe it is the card per se - Bryan has suggested in a PM it may be the headset and I am inclined to agree with him. I was clutching at straws seeing as how in the manual it says to use the original driver.

The Asus sound card looks great but far too good for what I need. I only have front speakers and only have all things FSX related on my PC.

Thanks for the heads up on the PAX drivers - I found them at HarwareHeaven and will certainly give them a try.

I may actually take back that note in the manual about using the original drivers from that particular sound card.

In the NGX version, I complied FS2Crew using the latest Direct X libraries and I think the updated DirectX libraries fixed the crash that would occur with latest drivers for that sound card.

You guys aren't getting a crash with your new drivers, so that's good.