Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

What boards don't have boot loop issues?

Oh? Thanks for the explanation...

I figured I was safe when I got the B3 revision... apparently they never fixed it... *sigh* Well good to know for my next board... speaking of that lol...

What about this board?

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/SABERTOOTH_Z77/#specifications

It's got a ASMedia® ASM1061 controller

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Are you overclocking? That seems to kick off the cold boot/double boot problem.

Hello

Running @ 4.5ghz.

I have always suspected that the PSU is part of this issue, specifically how quickly the 12V rails are brought into play and the Caps are brought up to charge.

The double boot seems to be the board precharging the Caps and not allowing the post to continue until sufficient charge is present in the phases supplying the CPU socket.

Overclocking just makes this more likely due to the increased demand placed on the phases supplying the CPU.

It would be interesting to look at the response times of various PSU's on the 12V rails taking into account differences in single rail designs and multiple 12v rails.

not a single on my board, best set-up I have ever owned...the gigabyte ud5 b3 had a few, but improved with better bios'

Simon

I love the Sabertooth boards. Especially now that they come with fans for the TUF. It is just too bad they didn't make Z68 boards but if mine fails I will get the Z77 Saber.

It got a silver from HardOCP but that is primarily due to the Z77 boards not really offering much over Z68 boards which are less.

Review:

http://hardocp.com/article/2012/04/20/asus_sabertooth_z77_lga_1155_motherboard_review

Hello

Asus Sabertooth P67 here, never double boots

Strange. My Z77 Sabertooth double boots occasionally whereas my P67 Deluxe never did.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

To answer the OP question.... What boards don't have boot loop issues?

The ones who are not overclocked......

:Batting Eyelashes:

To answer the OP question.... What boards don't have boot loop issues?

The ones who are not overclocked......

:Batting Eyelashes:

Not true. My P8P67 B3 had the issue from the very beginning, so obviously not overclocked.

Anyway, I think we can conclude that quite a few boards are affected (hundreds of pages of discussion on different forums) but not all.

Strange. My Z77 Sabertooth double boots occasionally whereas my P67 Deluxe never did.

WHAT? You have a Z77 board and it double boots? Oh god...

The only time i get mine double booting is when its quite cold or haven't used for a few days. This a a GA-Z68XUD3P.

WHAT? You have a Z77 board and it double boots? Oh god...