Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

the job board could be interesting for alaska

Looking at the weather in alaska i took the time to call a friend up there whos been flying in that weather for nearly 7 years now and its also i flight simmer and at the end of our conversation we think the job board should have some interesting runs in some onusual weather situations . I know that would keep me busy for some time . what do you guys think?

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I think clandestine cargo runs through the mountains could get very interesting. Night time, clouds, ooohhhh baby!

I am also looking forward to the new weather themes that HAVE to come with Alaska! I really think (hope) Alaska will bring more then just new scenery. I mean, we have to get snow now and cold and how will that influence the airplanes system? Alaska may show us how much of a sim Flight is going to become. It's a pretty important DLC because if Alaska fails, a lot of people will move away from Flight.

Now a little Maui Wowie in Hawaii I can understand but clandestine cargo in Alaska?

Clandestine cargo in Alaska is possible - red fish, gold, illegal people from Russia:)

Yeah, they don't have Sarah keeping an eye on Russia any more there!

You will have to transport boxes containing imaginary white cub bears over and over again.

IMO I find it boring already in Hawaii, not to mention in Alaska.

I like the imaginey thing we do in flight and the invisible passengers. Didn't get any of that on fsx out of the box. Lets see what alaksa brings.

Image removed as image is no longer available.

IMO I find it boring already in Hawaii, not to mention in Alaska.

Forget bear cubs. Sounds like you need to find that secret cache of condensed 'imagination' - it will improve your flying satisfaction no end :)

We "oldies" remember the mowie "North to Alaska" with John Wayne.

Main plot: GOLD

We are going to collect more gold than ever, when entering Alaska.

Probably we will hear some god imitator as John Wayne (or what it´s called in english), when starting a mission.

Hate the old peeing man in the Stearman. RIP.......

"Big John left Seattle in the year of...." From the lead song.

Anyone who remember what year in that song?

I don´t, :Hypnotized:

Regards, and hoping for the best.

Goran

Goran Arvnell

Forget bear cubs. Sounds like you need to find that secret cache of condensed 'imagination' - it will improve your flying satisfaction no end :)

It seems I have found a fierce opponent, well, I like that.

Do you mean I also have to imagine an ATC to have fun ? Well, my mind is not so powerful otherwise I wouldn't need women :Just Kidding:

All MS need to do is give a game designer a few beers and sit them down in front of back to back episodes of 'Flying Wild Alaska'. There is enough ideas in that show to keep us in properly entertaining missions and landing challenges for several rounds of DLC.

Build a bit more depth into the airport job board system, make sure to include a Cessna 207 or 208 in Era Alaska colours and maybe a red Cessna 180 with Tundra tires and you're on to a winner. On a related note, working auto pilots and ATIS would really make a big difference to the immersion. If MS could get ATC and some form of IFR flight plan filing implimented along with some new weather themes (or even better - real-time weather) then it would make for some really challenging flight situations and missions.

How about trying to get the 207 down on a hairy little bush strip with 50 knot crosswinds and bad vis because there is an injured hunter who needs medivac to Barrow and you are the only plane near enough. Or flying SAR in the 180 to look for a missing Snow machine because there is only another hour of daylight before the sun goes down for six weeks and you are the only plane who can land and pick him up if you find him.

Hi Ian, and others.

I recall "Flight is for the masses", as stated somewhere in their policy.

You are right, I also want this DLC to go to be something high above FSX, X-Plane or what ever is on the open market,

Tons of add-ons, how to tune, install this patch, etc etc. Not needed for Flight, just play.

Let the beginners play, yes, it´s a game, it works without tweaking, but some of us want more......I do,.but it´s still a game

and well done so far (no cockpit, no pay!) I am a hard core simmer and have a past in aviation.

Yes, I'm old and retired. But stll get thrills when using Boeing 737 NG in FSX or the game Flight.

Goran Arvnell