Sign in to follow this  
cobblecat435

REX not changing cloud and runway/taxiway textures?

Hi guys, hopefully you can help me out.

I installed REX Overdrive, chose my themes to install, installed them, and went through the whole procedure of setting it up. When I started up the game, I saw default airport textures and default cloud textures that looked nothing like the themes that I selected on REX. I did see that the sky and water textures were improved, but the clouds and airports were not. I tried reinstalling the themes multiple times with no results. All I can think of is maybe this add-on called "FSX booster" that I have which tweaks the FSX.cfg to improve FPS. However, in the FSX booster settings I enabled " High Definition textures (REX etc.)" so i'm not sure. I've had REX installed on this computer before with the same set-up so I don't know what is causing the problem now.

Thanks.

Check your configuration in REX. You can select what textures get replaced... clouds, runways, etc. There is a check box for each. Make sure the ones you want are checked. Normally I check them all for the first use. Then I uncheck everything except clouds. Then when I change themes it is much quicker as it doesn't change water, runways, lights. etc.

Eddie
KABQ

Are you sure that REX is pointing to the correct FSX install folder?

Check your configuration in REX. You can select what textures get replaced... clouds, runways, etc. There is a check box for each. Make sure the ones you want are checked. Normally I check them all for the first use. Then I uncheck everything except clouds. Then when I change themes it is much quicker as it doesn't change water, runways, lights. etc.

Yeah all of that is set up correctly

I just checked, it all looks fine. :/

Please double and triple check this. I had the exact same problem, and REX does not give you an error message if not configured correctly. It should read something like this: C:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, not C:\Games/Real Environment Xtreme.

Please double and triple check this. I had the exact same problem, and REX does not give you an error message if not configured correctly. It should read something like this: C:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, not C:\Games/Real Environment Xtreme.

I quadruple checked this. It is set to C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

and the FSX.CFG is set to appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX

But also, like I said before, the sky textures and (I think) water textures have been improved. I dont see a change in the airport runway/taxiway/parking textures and the clouds

At this point cobblecat, you would probably be better served posting your issues over at the REX forum so that Tim or the other REX experts can help you get it sorted with minimal fuss and trouble.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

At this point cobblecat, you would probably be better served posting your issues over at the REX forum so that Tim or the other REX experts can help you get it sorted with minimal fuss and trouble.

I will try, thanks

Hi guys, hopefully you can help me out.

I installed REX Overdrive, chose my themes to install, installed them, and went through the whole procedure of setting it up. When I started up the game, I saw default airport textures and default cloud textures that looked nothing like the themes that I selected on REX. I did see that the sky and water textures were improved, but the clouds and airports were not. I tried reinstalling the themes multiple times with no results. All I can think of is maybe this add-on called "FSX booster" that I have which tweaks the FSX.cfg to improve FPS. However, in the FSX booster settings I enabled " High Definition textures (REX etc.)" so i'm not sure. I've had REX installed on this computer before with the same set-up so I don't know what is causing the problem now.

Thanks.

Hey sir I have the same problem !!! Do you know what is happened?

I have the last 2.5.2010.1027 vers. and after long time (since last december 2011) no longer have changed the REX texture in FSX. Now I find the issue that I dont see a change in the airport runway/taxiway/parking textures/clouds/sun and lighting. I check all the directories and no errors occurs, also tried to restore original files and then again to put the new ones but the issue is always there...

see here for my post on REX support http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17273-rex-not-changing-cloudsrunwaytaxiwaysun-and-lights-textures/

Hey sir I have the same problem !!! Do you know what is happened?

I have the last 2.5.2010.1027 vers. and after long time (since last december 2011) no longer have changed the REX texture in FSX. Now I find the issue that I dont see a change in the airport runway/taxiway/parking textures/clouds/sun and lighting. I check all the directories and no errors occurs, also tried to restore original files and then again to put the new ones but the issue is always there...

see here for my post on REX support http://www.realenvir...ights-textures/

This was my solution: Choose a water theme other than "Sparkling"

Hope it works for you too!