Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MindYerBeak

another ezka question

Folks,

I'm trying to get ezka and T.ir to work but no joy. What i have done is I installed ezka normally then I unzipped the beta file found on the other site.Now what happens is that ezka does not start automatically and even if I start it manually it works only partially.For example ML does not work. Track ir doe snot work as well.

Any of you have fool proof instructions to have ezka and track ir work together ? If I can't get them to work I will have to go back to fsx for sure.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have the tool.BUt somehow ezdok only partially works here right with p3d(ML does not work).I can't get TI and Ezdok to interact.(no head tracking)

Mindyerbeak,

In order to start EZCA with P3D, you need to create a exe.xml file in Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

containing

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='Windows-1252'?>
<SimBase.Document Type='Launch' version='1,0'>
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
<NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

And as EZCA's config utility doesn't add the necessary camera definitions, you will have to manually edit the aircraft.cfg of each plane you usually fly with and add:

[CameraDefinition.201]
Title=EZdok Aircraft Universal camera
Guid={D8D67955-2E9B-4e75-9D8B-8EFFBBFAC65B}
Description=Universal camera for EZdok cam utility
Origin=Center
SnapPbhAdjust=Swivel
SnapPbhReturn=FALSE
PanPbhAdjust=Swivel
PanPbhReturn=FALSE
Track=None
ShowAxis=FALSE
AllowZoom=TRUE
InitialZoom=0.40
ShowWeather=Yes
InitialXyz=0,0,0
InitialPbh=10, 0, 0
XyzAdjust=TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=FALSE
ClipMode=Minimum
HotKeySelect=4

That should get you flying

Hi,

Done that already and it does not work! :(

If Ezca doesn't start with P3D, there is something wrong with the path to EZCA.exe in your exe.xml.

Did you remove the conflicting keyboard and joystick assignments in P3D (same as in FSX such as hat switch, numpad keys,...) ?

from what I read in the "FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool" v1.3 Manual (page22) , for EZK / TrakIP to work,you must run P3D

in Legacy mode (whatever that means).

Prepar3D Legacy Mode and EZdok Camera
Due to popular demand, we have implemented support for EZ-
dok Camera Addon from version 1.2 onwards.
When installing, configuring and running EZdok Camera Ad-
don, make sure virtual FSX installation is enabled.
To run Prepar3D with EZdok Camera Addon, navigate to Start
menu Programs list and start Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Pre-
par3D Legacy Mode. Prepar3D will start, faking to EZdok Ca-
mera that it is FSX. Then start EZdok Camera itself.
If you have added EZdok Camera to automatic startup with
the simulator, it will function properly in both normal Prepar3D
and in Legacy Mode, but control panel is available only with
Legacy Mode.
Remarks:
• shortcut is present only when virtual FSX installation is
enabled.
• in version 1.3, there are issues with FSUIPC
registration not recognized in Legacy Mode. We're wor-
king on it.

Any way , you might want and send a support mail to the "FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool" support.

they for sure help you as they made it work with P3D.

If Ezca doesn't start with P3D, there is something wrong with the path to EZCA.exe in your exe.xml.

It does start with p3d but ML and head tracking (track ir) do not work.

Problem solved.

What I did was this. I uninstalled ezca .Deleted all folders/files/ registry remnants. Rebooted.Reinstalled ezka 1.5 only. no ezka 1.7 or anything and no ezka p3d patch. And it works out of the box like this. Not idea why but it does.

P.S. Paavo's support is quick and efficient. I opened a support ticket a few mins ago and he already got back to me. Mind you it is 4.38 am !

round the clock they work, geee.

but don't forget the Time zone differences, he is from Estonia I believe.

but don't forget the Time zone differences, he is from Estonia I believe.

Yes.That means it was 5.38am his time.

now I understand why he has not answered me yet on my Support ticket, he is sleeping now b/c you kept him awake Just%20Kidding.gif

When I installed EZCA to P3D, I just put a shortcut to the EZCA.exe icon on my task bar. When P3D starts I click on EZCA.exe and then I have both EZCA and TrackIR working.

My EZCA configerator also works with P3D with FSX2P3D Migrator running.

My EZCA configerator also works with P3D with FSX2P3D Migrator running.

Hi Robert,

Do you mean you installed EZDOK with the migrator tool and you can use the configurator and it adds the correct aircraft.cfg entries as per Jean-Paul's post above?

You don't have to manually edit each aircraft.cfg file? (although, tbh, I have just been copying the aircraft,cfg files from the FSX ones into the P3d equivalent)

And above, in Akila's post it says that the control panel is only available with P3d in "legacy" mode..Hmm..Do they mean the Studio? If so, I have that working fine using a beta P3d EZDOK executable that Marniftarr posted on the EZDOK forums..It's the configurator I cannot get to work...

best

j

Hi Robert,

Do you mean you installed EZDOK with the migrator tool and you can use the configurator and it adds the correct aircraft.cfg entries as per Jean-Paul's post above?

You don't have to manually edit each aircraft.cfg file? (although, tbh, I have just been copying the aircraft,cfg files from the FSX ones into the P3d equivalent)

And above, in Akila's post it says that the control panel is only available with P3d in "legacy" mode..Hmm..Do they mean the Studio? If so, I have that working fine using a beta P3d EZDOK executable that Marniftarr posted on the EZDOK forums..It's the configurator I cannot get to work...

best

j

Yes Jake, when I installed EZCA using FSX2P3D Migrator Tool, the EZCA configuration program worked just as it does in FSX. That is what FSX2P3D does. It makes the program think it is installing in FSX and the program works just as it would in FSX.

You must run P3D in legacy mode, which is very easy and it is explained in the FSX2P3D manual.

Some programs don't get fooled, like FSUIPC when it is registered. It was aware that it was being installed in P3D and you could see that from the log file, but Paavo is going to get together with Pete Dawson and see if he can get FSUIPC (registered version) to work better with FSX2P3D while it is active.

Hmm..I have EZCA working fine by just editing my exe.xml file and pointing it to the updated P3d EZCA module, but I would like to get the aircraft configurator working, so perhaps I'll just install it using the migrator tool and then replace the exe with the 1.17 P3d beta version...Marniftarr has said that he is unable to get the World-Cam working with P3d as is, so he has said that his version 2 (*wish*) will have "full P3d support"..can't wait!

As for FSUIPC, it is already P3d-aware; that is, it will see you have P3d installed and correctly install itself anyway, without the migrator tool, and more importantly, not in "legacy mode" whatever that is (anything with Legacy in its' name is "old" afaiac LOL)..

I'm more interested in using the tool to install those "awkward" add-ons, but tbh, I'd rather see devs including proper P3d installers, as Virtuali, ORBX and Pete Dowson have done with their products..REX ESS will be fully P3d compatible also..

j

have EZCA working fine by just editing my exe.xml file and pointing it to the updated P3d EZCA module,

You don't need to do all that.Read my post #9. It worked for me real easy

As for FSUIPC, it is already P3d-aware; that is, it will see you have P3d installed and correctly install itself anyway, without the migrator tool, and more importantly, not in "legacy mode" whatever that is (anything with Legacy in its' name is "old" afaiac LOL)..

Yes, FSUIPC will install and work on its own in P3D, but if you are using FSX2P3D Migrator also, then the registered version of FSUIPC will not work, you will only get the unregistered version. As long as you shut off the migrator, you will see the registered version of FSUIPC in P3D. Paavo is getting together with Pete Dawson to see if they can solve this problem.

Thanks, Robert..Reading about the tool, it seems you can "turn it off" after doing your business with it (in fact, Paavo says make sure you do!) Similar to the F1 registry tool..I expect if you forget to turn it off, you'll end up with real FSX issues when you next come to run that...I'm not a total "remove FSX and just use P3d'er just yet :smile:

@ MindYerBeak: I really want the latest version of EZCA, not a two version old one! I think Marniftarr fixed a lot of bugs between 1.15 and 1.17 - I can just do what you did, and as I suggested, just replace the 1.15 executable with the one coded to work "properly" with P3d..

I see more devs making P3d installers popping up! FlyingSchoolPro now has a P3d version..Bring it on devs!

j

Hello folks,

NEED some help..........I've read all the "threads" here multiple times. I d/l'd FSX2P3D, installed, kept it enabled - it's located (where the installer put it) in the root of C:, where Prepar3D is located, just like the directions stated.

I d/l'd ECZA from Flight1 and installed it......would not allow me to point to my virtual FSX in root of C: ECZA Installed and the configurator came up.

I then made the .exe file listed above so ECZA would start with P3D.

Here are the errors I'm getting:

1. Ezdok camera add

FSX process not found. FSX_handle: 0

Then multiple error boxes open...here's what most of them say.

2. Access violation at address 006548E4 in module 'ECZA.exe'. Read of address 000002FC

What have I done wrong? I do NOT have a "legacy mode" option in the P3D folder.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

cthiggin

Jean-Paul,

Thanks for the info! I've been flying with trackIR, ezca, and P3d, for a while now.

Have you gotten the EZCA motion effects to work yet?

Chas on Stinkin' Creek

In P3D version 1.2 and 1.3 now, the only way for me to get TIR working is with the EZDOK version 1.15 and have to rename Prepar3D.exe to FSX.exe

EZCA Version 1.16 and the P3D Beta version 1.17 are not working at all in my case.

I hope that NaturalPoint will implement P3D in there software very soon because the behavoir of TIR together with EZCA 1.15 is very jerky in my specific environment and a real showstopper.

Happy landings...

I read here that several people have trouble getting to work EZCA with P3D and TrackIR.

On my systems it works without a problem, actually I am very happy with the combination of these products. I use P3D 1.3 academic with TrackIR 5.1 and EZCA 1.17beta.

This is what I did:

Read here at LM's site:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=492

Further:

- To get it working I also had to import/copy the 'exe.xml' file into the appropriate Roaming folder (from FSX to P3D).

- For the external cameras to work you have to manually add the [CameraDefinition.201] section to the aircraft.cfg's because the configure tool of EZDok does not work with P3D yet. You can copy this section from any FSX aircraft.cfg that was updated with the EZDok tool.

After the above steps all worked for me, except the world camera views, which seems to be a problem. But I don't use them anyway.