Sign in to follow this  
Akila

Few Questions before jumping into the P3D Water

Hi,

I never tried to get AES working with P3D, but I'll give it a try and see what happens.

I don't know what the reason is, all I can say is that AES is working perfectly for me on P3D, no Issues whatsoever, never had.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi,

AES does "NOT" work with just the FSX/P3D migration tool installed, I will now install FSX with both service packs and see what happens.

Here is the error message: Wrong FSX Version: AES need SP2 or XPack installed!

............................................File: D:\Prepar3D\G3D.DLL

............................................Version:0.0.0.0

I don't know what the reason is, all I can say is that AES is working perfectly fine for me on P3D, no Issues whatsoever, never had.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hello Akila,

I was wondering which version of P3D you run VoxATC on.

my testing was based on Prepar3D v1.3

I have not Upgraded to v1.4 yet.

Hi,

AES does "NOT" work with just the FSX/P3D migration tool installed, I will now install FSX with both service packs and see what happens.

that is strange as I only have P3D installed, I did not Install FSX ever (after I reformat my HDD/computer).

I can't see how come having FSX along side P3D would help.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hi,

AES does "NOT" work with Prepar3D. That's with or without FSX (with service packs) installed, and/or with or without the migration tool installed on my system.

If you try to install AES into P3D with just the migration tool installed, you will get the following error message when opening AESHelp to add credits and/or do anything else from within this addon.

Wrong FSX Version: AES need SP2 or XPack installed!

File: D:\Prepar3D\G3D.DLL

Version:0.0.0.0

If you replace the G3D.DLL file with the one supplied with FSX SP2, you can enter AESHelp and enter credits and what-not. However, you "CANNOT" run P3D with this G3D.DLL file, you will get an error message that states Prepar3D must be reinstalled. You "MUST" remove/replace the G3D.DLL file back to P3D's original G3D.DLL, when you do this you will once again get the same error message as shown above.

Bottom Line: AES does not work with P3D on my system, nor can I see how it could possible work on anyone's setup seeing how its a G3D.DLL error!.

I'm no programmer, but I wonder if changing the version number of P3D's original G3D.DLL to what AES wants will allow AES to install/setup and not break P3D so the sim will still run. Like I said, don't know if its possible, but its the one thing I did not try.

I don't know what the reason is, all I can say is that AES is working perfectly fine for me on P3D, no Issues whatsoever, never had.

that is strange as I only have P3D installed, I did not Install FSX ever (after I reformat my HDD/computer).

I did try installing AES onto a default airport, its some germany airport I believe, for free, and I couldn't get it to run in 1.4. There was no way in hell it was going to run.

So, short of saying it does work with 1.3, but not with 1.4, I must also say what Aerosoft have also said - AES is not compatible with P3D.

I haven't Upgraded mines to v1.4 yet , I am still at 1.3.

maybe that is why.. or maybe it is just a fluke that it is working on my grid.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Question, where did you get VOXATC X 6.06? The currect version from their website is 6.05, would love to have the latest and greatest.

Thanks,

Ray