Sign in to follow this  
NormanTaylor

More Frames and a 30 % Speed Increase !

I'm trying to work out what the screenshot is meant to portray??

After the tweaks, you have 175 FPS but a game that looks like FS98?

I would rather have a constant 25FPS with all the latest aircraft and ORBX sceneries....as I do.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but everything mentioned has been done before, a long time ago.

-Iain Watson-

I didn’t mean any harm to anyone by my post and am sorry if I offended anyone.

A lot of interresting research and findings regarding FSX tweaking has occured the last couple of years and there are several excellent guides out there. Every once and awhile someone who hasn't read those guides shows up here and post a "hey, look what I found, this is how it works" whith informaition that is often outdated and inaccurate. When that happens, people get a bit touchy.

The goal is usually to get FSX running smoothly with eyecandy (including high resolution textures) still enabled, the goal is not to gain FPS by making FSX look like FS98. The latter is the Aerosoft style tweaking. If you don't what I mean, you have some interresting reading up to do.

If I had to play FSX with the low graphics settings like the pic the OP posted above, I would no longer be playing FSX.

Ill take the 25 FPS with maxxed out eye candy option because its all about immersion with FSX for me...nothing more!

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

WHY BE RUDE...I posted the pic , it shows a 152 over low laying fog...that does not happen often , so I took a snap and posted only for someone to reply " It Looks LIke its from FS98 "

Norn

WHY BE RUDE...I posted the pic , it shows a 152 over low laying fog...that does not happen often , so I took a snap and posted only for someone to reply " It Looks LIke its from FS98 "

Norn

There are a lot of improvements you can do to your sim to improve the quality of the simulation you have now.

Search these forums for essential addons and you will be amazed how well you can transform what you already have.

I pretty much just found my holy grail with FSX.

First instead of an external fps limiter, I set Vertical sync to 1/2 refresh rate in Nvidia Inspector. I keep fps in FSX set to unlimited. This essentially does the same thing as the limiter, but is much smoother to me.

Next I reverted to using WOAI traffic (with 152 packages at 100% including all majors in US, Europe, and much of Asia) from UT2. UT2 seems to give me stutters, that I don't get with WOAI! You can see what I mean with my latest videos, which used UT2. Now after a number of flights with the PMDG NGX, and CS757 my flights are as smooth as glass. I guess the issue with UT2 is the way it injects traffic, where with WOAI there is no dynamic injection. The 2 downsides are night lighting is not as good as UT2 (Logo lights) and schedules aren't up to date, but I could live with it with performance like this.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d