Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

Ground Services

Can I get some opinions on Ground Service addons! Thanks guys!

Yes, buy GSX as its the most complete ground service package you can get for the money that will work at all default and 3rd party addon airports. Plus it constantly being updated and featured added at no additional cost.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It's absolutely awesome, although if you're into jetliners, apart from the defaults, it only really has support for the complicated addons out there, not many simplified versions. So for example none of the Overland models work well with it at all.

Also, how many threads have you been posting recently? Couldn't you just make one big thread with all of your questions?

It's absolutely awesome, although if you're into jetliners, apart from the defaults, it only really has support for the complicated addons out there, not many simplified versions. So for example none of the Overland models work well with it at all.

I think their adding a graphical style editor in one of the upcomming addons to help with some of the more obscure freeware a/c, but its seems to work well with a very wide variety of airliners and g/a.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

GSX is a beautiful piece of software and Umberto and his team continue to upgrade it at no additional cost. Works perfect with my Level D 767.

Bob

For airliner flying its sure worth its price. Makes things before taxi and back at gate when arrived much more interesting. Also I like how it already has airport vehicles with correct logos in different countries with different companies doing ground services.

I'd recommend GSX, and I'll give you an example of why:

Aside from the fact that it provides great animated services at big airports, it also adds a lot of realism to to smaller airfields too. Here's a good example of how that can add immersion to things:

Last night I was making an Air Hauler flight in the Aerosoft Consolidated PBY Catalina from Bora Bora, to Tureia, which is in the French Polynesian chain of Tahitian Archipeligo Islands out in the Pacific. That is is a trip of about 770 miles, and Air Hauler being about making money on hauling cargo, I had the PBY loaded up to the gunwhales LOL, leaving not much room for fuel. So I set off with about 8,000 lbs of fuel on board, which was just about enough to make it.

Now, this meant that I was somewhat reliant on favourable winds, and of course, the weather decided to change and I got a huge headwind and some heavy turbulence up high, so I had to stay under the cloud ceiling, getting worse fuel economy, meaning I was not going to make it with the fuel I had on board. So, I decided to divert to a small island which had a tiny airstrip. Having done that, I came across a small runway and managed to get the Catalina down onto it, and when I came to a halt, I got a GSX message saying that there were no fancy services available at that airfield other than fuel, which was very cool, since it added to the feeling that I had scraped into an airfield at the &@($* end of nowhere, and all I was going to find was maybe a few 55 gallon drums of fuel stacked up, one bloke an and a hand pump LOL. So even when GSX isn't doing that much, it still adds to the immersion factor, at any airfield!

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here