Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Air1

South Kauai VOR

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, the South Kauai VOR aerocache seems to appear almost every night after the last one expires (sometime between 10 and 11 PM), and tonight it has been on for more than 4 hours.

So it seems a definite BUG in the aerocache logic, BTW, already reported to the Beta site.

We should have the new one sometime in the early morning.

Remember to restart Flight as sometimes the new aerocache won't appear until you do so.

Thanks Jeroen.

Air1, next time at least please explain what you are upset about... :wink: Thanks for the additional information, Ramón!

Sorry Jeron, not really upset. Its the last thing I check before I go to bed and to find it with a check mark already! Just a late night overreaction I guess.

That's the fifth time, for sure, that I've seen it come up as the daily aerocache. It could be more, as I haven't even been on every day.

It seems to be the default cache which is served by the system when another isn't ready or can't be served for some reason. I suppose it's better than an error message. Or maybe not. Perhaps the error message was something non-intuitive, and it was easier to just use that cache as a default.

As Kabronicus pointed out, logging out and back in will usually refresh the current cache. The only other time I saw that cache sticking in the system was over Memorial Day weekend.

They ran out of Aerocaches for Hawaii because Alaska is overdue!