Sign in to follow this  
HugoStiglitz

Can i run FSX addons with my system?

Hello everybody!

My system specs:

intel core i7 2600K @3.40GHZ

Radeon HD 6870

4GB ram

I have also tweaked my fsx file using vevetubos tweaking tool.

I use PMDG 737 with REX weather addon and this is important: Im using the highest resolution for the game along with frametates set to unlimited. I use addon airports by aerosoft. I tried UTX and GEX but if I have them enabled with my graphics and highest resolution...i will lag :(. Anybody have this problem? because if i set my resolution to lowest i dont lag but then the aircraft looks like S***. Can I have the aircraft interieur look good while the resolution is on the lowest? please answer!!

Hello

You need to overclock that 2600K to >4.3 GHz then you will see very good performance.

If you are not prepared to overclock then your performance will always disappoint.

@artie 711: Sorry, but you are limited by the Radeon HD 6870, iznogood for FSX.

What´s your RAM, HDD, PSU?

Like maddog says, overclock that i7, you can hit 4.6 or more with no problems depending on cooler, tweaks are useless IMO without first getting the hardware up to max. performance.

You shouldnt have any performance issues running GEX since its just texture replacements for the ground textures and are the same size as default.

UT can cause some lag if you have your car traffic turned up to high since it adds more traffic than default FSX and of course the night lights can cause some FPS hit if you have them turned on also.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator