Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

CaptainSim 777?

Mine is parked until they get it done to be honest. I appreciate that people want to play with it, so it's great that they can do so, but I'm more inclined to wait until it is really practical to use it for anything I like rather than being limited by what flights I can do with it. If I find any bugs they've not listed, I'll certainly post something, but I daresay lots of people who know a lot more about the Triple Seven than me will be doing that anyway.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

There are over 60 flights in the air right now flying routes under 5 hrs long

I usually have an hour to an hour and a half, at least until school's out next week. I think there might be some ANA flights in that time frame, but the bulk of 777 flights are far longer than I have time for.

I just bought this bird- this was after the v0.3 update, but the file at the store is the original (not updated) one released over week ago. It's no big deal getting and applying the updates, however don't assume that the file you download after purchase is current.

I love the sounds- I agree with Al that this has some big potential once they get a few more update cycles into it. It will never be a PMDG bird, but it's fun and looks very good.

One thing I have noticed is the crazy oscillations on the ailerons and yoke when turning, the yoke looks like it is going to thrash itself apart... although I had been using ny current session of FSX for another bird before I loaded the updated CS B777.

Also note that FSX does not exit gracefully after using this bird - maybe this is the debugging mode??

If CS can keep up with weekly updates, I think we will have a nice product by July....

Thanks- Bruce.

Also note that FSX does not exit gracefully after using this bird - maybe this is the debugging mode??

FSX just runs clunkily with the 777. The textures take a long time to raster, my frame rates are a tad lower than usual, and it seems like everything's slower. I think that debug mode has something to do with it, and everybody's complaining about this on CS's forums, so they'll probably optimize it for v1.0.