Sign in to follow this  
daan_vb

Create New Checklist?

Hi guys,

I'm wanting to create some a new checklists for the 737NGX. Whats the best way to get started. Can i create them in notepad?

Also whats the difference between the flows/scripts and a checklist in regards to this program?

Thanks

Dan

WAT1036.png

Also whats the difference between the flows/scripts and a checklist in regards to this program?

A script is what 'Actions' happen when you ask the FO to do something.

So here is a simple one,

[OPTIONS]

Suspend=0

Verbose=0

RequireConfirmation=0

[REPLIES]

Reply1=Cleared for takeoff, roger.

Reply2=Ok, cleared for takeoff.

[COMPLETED]

Completed1=we're go for takeoff, captain

Completed2=ready to roll, boss

Completed3=Set for takeoff! Winds look good.

Completed4=Ready for takeoff! You have the controls.

[sCRIPT]

no smoking sign off

no smoking sign on

landing light on

taxi light off

strobe light on

So everything under the [script] is what will happen when you say in this case 'cleared for take off'

no smoking sign, landing lights are the things that are programed in to MCE by the programmer. So the NGX is 'fully' functional because of the SDK and the FS++ team have used that.

Most of the aircraft that use 'standard' FSX code, will work when you say 'flaps up' or flaps down', other might not, it depends on the company that made the aircraft.

In the provided documents there are lists of commands that MCE already knows.

Everything under [replies] is what the FO will reply with. In this case as there are only two replies it would be a 50% chance on which one he would choose.

Once he replies he will carry out the actions[script]

When he has finished he will reply with one of the statements under [completed]

A checklist is an 'aid' just like the RW to make sure you follow the 'script'

If you read the 'Voxscript' manual you will see how its done.

Yes, you can write scripts in notepad, but please don't do it, as if you get spaces etc in the wrong place it will not work.

Use Voxscript (must have FSX running first), it is very easy to use, trust me if I can use it anyone can.

if you have read one of my posts, you would have seen, I have started to create 'scripts' for the Purser, as this could be an easier way to get used to it!

One note on Purser scripts, is that due to a slight voxscript program issue, to get the [completed] to work you have to place an 'OK' under the script part, then it will work

see below

This is the script for 'two coffees'

[OPTIONS]

Suspend=0

Verbose=0

RequireConfirmation=0

[REPLIES]

Reply1=no problem,be right back

Reply2=give us five minutes, bit busy at the moment

Reply3=sorry captain, no biscuits, orders from your wife

Reply4=anything else you require

[COMPLETED]

Completed1=here we go guys

Completed2=no sugars in both

[sCRIPT]

ok

Pause=10

Personally I would start with very easy scripts like the ones here and once you have a better understanding how they work, then you can move on to checklists etc.

I'm not at that stage YET!!

I'm sure 'Will', will jump in here to, as he has much more experience in scripts and checklists.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I will be posting some 'scripts' from the 'Real' Travis, shortly. Yes, he is also a RW person :Party:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Ah thats brill, cheers for the very detailed response! I'm going to start and give it a go!

Btw whats a purser?

WAT1036.png

Btw whats a purser?

'An airline, or flight, purser usually oversees the flight attendants to ensure airplane passengers are safe and comfortable. For example, all baggage must be safely secured and all passengers must be served refreshments efficiently. Safety procedures must be carefully obeyed at all times. A flight purser must also complete detailed reports.'

AKA cabincrew in our case

Ah thats brill, cheers for the very detailed response! I'm going to start and give it a go!

No problem. Any issues let us know

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

thats great, Clive! I had asked about the possibility of a take off action so taxi speed is ignored sooner, this script idea is just what i need.

Dan, a checklist is an item read out to ensure cockpit has been set up appropriately for the phase of flight.

A script or flow are items you can create so your virtual co pilot performs certain functions when you tell him to.