Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Some of these Alaska/Hawaiian airports need a wind sock...

What did it have in 2004ish, since that will be what Flight reflects?

Don't know. Google wasn't around then.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Don't know. Google wasn't around then.

They actually were.

And Microsoft was. That's when they collected airport/navaids data.

Like was mentioned earlier.

Microsoft was. That's when they collected airport/navaids data.

Like was mentioned earlier.

So what does that have to do with the real world outside my window? I was talking about real world stuff as mentioned earlier.

Ray

So what does that have to do with the real world outside my window? I was talking about real world stuff as mentioned earlier.

Oh. I thought we were discussing Flight.

I was explaining why the Flight world is not exactly matching every detail of the world outside your window today. The world changes over time, but the data archive they are using is not.

You need to get on the same page. How in the world was MS able to include the ICON A5 as it is a 2010 or 2011 product? Did they close their doors, windows and downloads in 2004 or something?

Ray

You need to get on the same page. How in the world was MS able to include the ICON A5 as it is a 2010 or 2011 product? Did they close their doors, windows and downloads in 2004 or something?

I need to get on the same page? At least I understand that an archive of airport/navaids data has nothing to with aircraft.

We are talking about airports, not airplanes.

The question was raised, so I answered it.

Perhaps you would care to offer your own alternative explanation as to why the Flight airfield/navaid data corresponds precisely to the time period when FSX was in development, as if they simply reused it?

Well?

I need to get on the same page? At least I understand that an archive of airport/navaids data has nothing to with aircraft.

We are talking about airports, not airplanes.

The question was raised, so I answered it.

Perhaps you would care to offer your own alternative explanation as to why the Flight airfield/navaid data corresponds precisely to the time period when FSX was in development, as if they simply reused it?

Well?

Duh, I dunno. Sorry. I'm off to check out X-Pane. Bye.

Ray

I do hope you have a lot of fun with that.

The airport data stuff I use everyday in my flight sim is from April 2011. All data is not resident in Redmond.

Ray

The airport data stuff I use everyday in my flight sim is from April 2011. All data is not resident in Redmond.

Flight's is, which is kind of the point of bringing it up.

Sorry, I did not intend to ruffle anyone's feathers by offering a simple explanation.

That is a lot to ask from MS to include in a free arcade game.

Ray, you apparently don't like Flight. That's fine with me, but please stop posting remarks that may insult those who like the game. And RoboRay, if you think someone is misbehaving, PM me (as the rules say).

Anyway, this is going nowhere so I am locking this topic.