Hi

More and more airports provide RNAV approach in their AIPs. When choosing RNAV approach in PMDG flights it's still missing in the database. It needs to be added manually. At arrival usually choose STAR and then RNAV and RWY. Since it's all based on GPS coordinates with height and speed restrictions, it's quite easy. Still, it would be nice if one could have these approaches available. Any thoughts on that? Maybe I should ask Navigraph?

Sincerely

Geir

Navigraph would be the right place to ask about this, since they are the providers of the navdata. The guys there have to add these waypoints manually, I suppose, and this could take a couple of months to get everything right. There are many procedures (not only RNAV) that are not complete or are completely wrong or outdated. In these situations, I just enter the waypoints and restrictions manualy if I have the charts.

I don't know if you've heard, but Aerosoft is developing a navigation data set for flight sim based on the ARINC 424. This is the protocol that real airlines use, so we'll be able to fly the procedures just like the real pilots do. The data will be provided by Lufthansa Systems.

http://forum.aerosof...tabase-preview/

Matheus Mafra

Navigraph should be providing the new procedures in their monthly updates. If one is missing, they would appreciate a post on their forum. They don't do this manually, believe me that this would be impossible for the global coverage. They run a translation program that takes commercially available data and puts it into the different simulation syntaxes.

Dan Downs KCRP

More and more airports provide RNAV approach in their AIPs.

I'm flying to many airports and always find RNAV approach, RNAV transition, RNAV STAR in FMC. Maybe it' sairac bug for some airports.

Since it's all based on GPS coordinates

As i know you are not allowed to enter RNAV waypoints using their coordinates because you lose the accuracy due to RNAV waypoints have more digits after degrees, minutes, seconds (hundredth of minutes). Try entering waypoint names eg. BB004, FMC should know them.

Also it's not recommended to insert additional waypoints between FAF and threshold or create your own approach if you are flying LNAV/VNAV or IAN (like in case of RNAV approach).