Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

Autoland!

Greetings!'

I just completed my first CAT III Autoland with the NGX-800!

Completely flawless!!

This plane is simply the best product for FSX ive ever used!!

Thanks PMDG!!

UPS123.png

Congrats.

Now you can autoland on any airfield which has ILS, CAT III or not (FSX doesn't bother between various ILS categories).

And yes, I agree, NGX is the best thing FSX has ever seen.

Is the autothrottle switch supposed to dis-engage when performing a cat3 ils ?

Not sure if it should disengage.. in full autoland i believe it should just retard the throttles at the right time. Pilot Flying must still manually engage the reverse thrusters though.

A/T retards at 27' RA and disconnect automatically 2 seconds after touchdown.

In RW it's possible to autoland with ILS CAT I. Just keep your hands on the yoke and be ready to have control.

Congrats.

Now you can autoland on any airfield which has ILS, CAT III or not (FSX doesn't bother between various ILS categories).

And yes, I agree, NGX is the best thing FSX has ever seen.

Thanks! yes its good to know that any ILS in FSX is capable of doing the CAT3. Good times!

A/T retards at 27' RA and disconnect automatically 2 seconds after touchdown.

In RW it's possible to autoland with ILS CAT I. Just keep your hands on the yoke and be ready to have control.

Correct! All i had to do was apply reverse thrust!

UPS123.png

Rostyslav correct.

A CAT I ILS does not mean it can not provide for an autoland, just that it is not guaranteed to provide.

After almost a year of flying the NGX tried my first autoland yesterday. It was a perfect landing, passengers applauded.

Like Henry said, didn't touch anything until touchdown, disconnected autopilot and autothrottle, waited for the autobrakes to slow me down a little more and then applied manual braking until the runway exit.

Manual landing are much more fun though, IMO.

Congrats! I have been doing Autolands for a long time and i still find it amazing. I have just started doing manual landings after getting the Pro Flight Yoke from Saitek. I would say i can land nicely 3 or 4 times out of 10 the rest?............................................well just look the other way nothing to see here :)

Although I find it amusing to watch the plane land perfectly by herself too, nothing beats the feeling of disconnecting a/p around 2500' (depending on the weather condition) and then take her perfectly (or not :D) myself to the ground.

During autoland I don't disconnect a/t, when I put her into reverse thrust it disconnects automatically.

I love flying the NGX, but have now had a few times that with the AP approach option the plane comes flying in too high (few hundred feet), which makes me have to abort the landing and do a go-around. The funny bit is that with the PMDG 747 it works perfectly.

Apparently I'm doing something wrong, although I am sure I set the altimeter correctly, and I use the airport data from the CDU. Anyone have a guess what the problem could be?

I love flying the NGX, but have now had a few times that with the AP approach option the plane comes flying in too high (few hundred feet), which makes me have to abort the landing and do a go-around. The funny bit is that with the PMDG 747 it works perfectly.

Apparently I'm doing something wrong, although I am sure I set the altimeter correctly, and I use the airport data from the CDU. Anyone have a guess what the problem could be?

Sounds like your ALT setting is off to me?

UPS123.png

Sounds like your ALT setting is off to me?

Would be a possibility, but I've set my MCP altitude on 0 so that the aircraft can descent. And I picked all the info from the CDU regarding airport and runway. If that is not enough, which altitude do I have to change and where do I get the precise information from?

You are obviously enough doing it wrong, what with MCP altitude at zero... Watch some videos on youtube....