Sign in to follow this  
Simcees

Love Alaska too

As I was happily surprised with the graphic quality of Hawaii, I discover that Alaska has it owns beautiful places. As it is a huge country, one has to search for them, but that's just the fun.

Also the details of various objects are well made by the MStudio-team employees.

Some examples are shown by other members, here some of me ...

Where are those taken? I've been out in the bush rather than hanging around the towns. :p0503:

I'm thinking that might be Ketchikan. Seward is pretty awesome as well when you first find it after going through some great looking mountain passes.

I flew some passengers from my base at Homer into Lawing last night. I'm hoping to find a charter to Seward from there, today, before heading back to Homer.

If you like the Kenai passes, head across Cook Inlet to try Merrill and Lake Clark Passes.

You're right Zinfinion. Ketchikan Intl (PAKT), south-west on the Map. And Indeed the mountains are great as well.

As I was happily surprised with the graphic quality of Hawaii, I discover that Alaska has it owns beautiful places. As it is a huge country, one has to search for them, but that's just the fun.

Also the details of various objects are well made by the MStudio-team employees.

Some examples are shown by other members, here some of me ...

That boat looks awfully like the boats moored up near Miami, Florida in FSX... Not that I have a problem with using well made art assets, it looks really good in Flight too.

Cheers,

Dave.

They had to be redesigned. The old fsx boat objects never reacted well to shadowing.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

There's some pretty interesting detailed scenery in Kodiak -- container ship; Coast Guard cutters; stop signs; folding chair & butt can outside one building; push broom leaning against a wall. Half the aircraft don't have cockpits, but at least the recycling bins look good. :Waiting:

I downloaded Alaska today, and almost immediately felt lost. Man, is it big.

Spent a good deal of time violating Russian airspace this evening. It's spooky over there, all pea-soupy. I landed at the Lavrentiya NDB and walked around. I'd post a picture of that, but can't figure out how.

Later, I went looking for the Northern Lights, but nope - maybe in a future DLC.

There are some nice looking ships and boats at Seward, too. I made a stop there last night.

There are some nice looking ships and boats at Seward, too. I made a stop there last night.

Visited both Seward and Ketchikan when I was in Alaska on vacation. Both really nice looking places to see.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310