Sign in to follow this  
joklx

Why NGX doesn't have the RTA function?

RTA has been covered ... not currently modelled ... lots of ones & zeroes already.

NAV DATA Page is fully functional as are SIX FIX Pages (which is what I suspect you are on about here) allowing you to create a modern art masterpiece (in GREEN) on your ND.

you cannot simply copy/paste the temporary points relative to a fix by line-selecting them to the scratchpad and subsequently inserting them in the LEGS page so as to very quickly program an arc like you can with the LD767 or PMDG747. You'd have to type those coordinates in yourself.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

you cannot simply copy/paste the temporary points relative to a fix by line-selecting them to the scratchpad and subsequently inserting them in the LEGS page so as to very quickly program an arc

You can. Fix, radial and distance have to be not dashed.

I know I'm dredging up an old topic here, but I wanted to offer a little vague input from a change in job role (but please note I'm being intentionally vague in parts)...

RTA has not really been implemented here in the United States, domestically. It's been identified as a very powerful tool, and being developed across the board (manufacturers, airlines and in control facilities), but it not being used outside of testing by participants in certain FAA projects. Looking at current airline capability, only certain operators are capable (link is a PowerPoint of a 2011 study), and even of those operators, certain equipment is only capable in certain flight regimes (e.g.: only the GE FMS for the NG is capable, and even then, it can only use RTA prior to TOD - see slide 2). I believe Airbuses have the feature, as the presentation notes JBU can meet an RTA +/- 1 minute (this could include their Embraers, as well).

So, the concept is still being developed on all sides. It's still a relatively new concept for domestic implementation (difficult to include items still being developed in an add-on). Internationally (as noted by the mentions with the 777 in the above posts), it's a lot easier, as you don't need to take into account descent profiles, interim speed changes and so on. RTA in an Oceanic environment is a lot easier as there are fewer variables.

If you're curious about the idea here in the States: http://www.flycdm.org/Workgroups/route_eval.html

If you're curious about the overall development:

http://www.flycdm.org/

The CDM site is a little old, but it still has some interesting information.

Kyle Rodgers