Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How good is Virtavia? and their aircrafts?

I would buy these again, but only if I was short of money.

I bought mine on sale so the price was closer to the quality I expected. I didn't notice a hole in the cockpit. I think i'll go check it out.

Edit: Didn't find a hole but i found two viewports down low. Sorry sun was going down at area 51 so this is a little dark

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/95214671/2012-8-2_20-5-44-679.BMP

The C-17s use FBW technology, the are capable of STOL on the roughest of runways, they are amazing planes and probably one of the best investments the USAF has ever made.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Wasn't the Flight1 islander made by Virtavia?

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

I've enjoyed many of the Virtavia (and former Alphasim) aircraft. Some are light, and no PMDG, but I enjoy the fact that they do aircraft no one else will touch. Some are older aircraft reworked.

I like the new FB-111 and Sea King. I've owned most of their older stuff and I have enjoyed it all. Sometimes for me I just want to have fun in the sim and not worry about 100% details.

I've enjoyed the EA-6B and A-6, the F-104, the C-17, and the A-3 among others.

I have just bought the Rockwell B1 B and the Boeing C-17. They are of medium quality only. The panels are nice, but twinkle and jidder.

I can see through a hole in the C-17 cockpit, and I cannot get the main panel video to turn on on the B1B.

I would buy these again, but only if I was short of money.

There is zero support.

You're right: the runway I am seeing is a view port (not visible from the outside though).

The video display is turned on by a right click.

I also feel that both the B1B and C-17 are too manoeuvrable.

Cheers