Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

WARNING: CH Products Web Site

Has anyone noticed maleware on their PC after visiting the CH Products Web site? I apologize to CH Products if I am wrong, but several unauthorized pieces of maleware were installed on my PC while visiting their site.After entering the CH Products Flash 6 site, and while browsing the CH FAQs, Norton Internet Security gave continuous warnings about programs attempting to access the Internet.Programs attempting to access the Internet included: bargains.exe, csv5p086.exe, optimize.exe and others whose names I don

Guest drobson

I would hazard a guess that you picked this stuff up from some other location. I just went there and checked it out, then ran AdAware and found absolutely nothing. Just to make sure, after I ran AdAware, I went back and repeated the previous steps, and still nothing shows up.IMO, an apology is probably in order.Darrell

Guest Ken_Salter

I agree ... I just visited the site in question and see nothing wrong and did not pick up any malware.

Guest j-mo

I've had all that malware before and gotten rie of it. I've been to the CH website in the last few days, and have not picked these up again. I doubt that you got them from that site.Alex M.

Guest ba747heavy

>IMO, an apology is probably in order.I don't think so. This gentlemen states that he visted the website, and afterwards he is infected by the mal/spyware. I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that CH Products Website is responable for the spy/malware when you get spyware/malware after visiting there website. His comments seems to be more of the 'this happened to me, this is what I saw, do you find the same thing' nature than the 'these guys suck, they don't know what they are doing' nature.However, that said, I agree that it probably come from some other place.

Why do so many people risk their computers by allowing unknown websites access to Flash, Javascript etc?! :-hmmmI use the Trusted Sites system in IE6 :) The "Internet Zone" doesn't have access to Javascript, Flash, or Active X ..... :)

Sorry you picked up spyware from something else, it just gets activated on certain websites, and one of them happens to be CH products. Download ad-aware and spybot and get rid of all your spyware

These things are so easy to pick up, if you don't firewall your computer. Most of them install from popup windows which come from broken links or mis-typed URLs. My advice is to get yourself a good firewall software. There are lots out there. My opinion is you should lock the door, rather than yell at the burglers!

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Thanks to all who replied, and to all who tested the CH Web site.I am actually relieved to hear that my problem was not caused by CH Products, but I can

That is an easy one, IMHO.Dump IE as your browser, and use Firefox by Mozillahttp://www.mozilla.org/firefoxIt is 100% FREE, and is fully customizable with extensions. It also includes NO ADS, and a Pop-up blocker.Oh, By the way, it is FASTER than IE.I also recommend you dump Outlook for mail if you are using that. Try Thunderbird, also by Mozilla.Best of Luck,Joehttp://aboutpolitics.net/images/bannerav.gif.About Politics.net - FORUMShttp://pub162.ezboard.com/baboutpolitics.Contribute to the Richard Harvey Scholarship Fund.http://www.avsim.com/pages/scholarship.shtml

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Hi, The best way to clean up your computer from spyware, dialer,Hijacker,Keylogger and all the long list crap format from internet is inluded in this software, is to install Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.3, it's free, this utility erase ALL ALL crap that reside in your computer, the software is far superior and detect 10x much more files then AdAware and it's the best one available.It's very easy, only click check for problems, and you will find a list that's should be deleted with no problems.http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=enThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Thanks loads Chris for the link.I have scanned with other Sypbot programs (i.e.NoAdware, Spyhunter) and found that I had threats present on my computer, but of course in order to get rid of them, it was pretty costly for the registered versions of these programs. Thanks to your kind information I am happy to have aquired Search and Destroy.I checked and fixed all of the problems found. One odd thing. One problem reoccurs each time I check for problems, called "DSO Exploit" with 5 entries as follow: DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done) HKEY_USERSS-1-5-18SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsZones01004!=W=3DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done) HKEY_USERSS-1-5-21-1275210071-1336601894-682003330-1003SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsZones01004!=W=3DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done) HKEY_USERSS-1-5-20SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsZones01004!=W=3DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done) HKEY_USERSS-1-5-19SoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsZones01004!=W=3DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done) HKEY_USERS.DEFAULTSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsZones01004!=W=3--- Spybot - Search && Destroy version: 1.3 ---2004-05-25 IncludesCookies.sbi2004-05-29 IncludesDialer.sbi2004-05-28 IncludesHijackers.sbi2004-05-28 IncludesKeyloggers.sbi2004-05-12 IncludesLSP.sbi2004-05-28 IncludesMalware.sbi2004-05-04 IncludesRevision.sbi2004-04-12 IncludesSecurity.sbi2004-05-28 IncludesSpybots.sbi2004-05-24 IncludesTracks.uti2004-05-28 IncludesTrojans.sbiJust for the heck of it, I scanned with NoAdware after running Search and Rescue, and it did not detect this.In a week or two I will be upgrading to a new multi-raid harddrive configuration and doing a clean install of everything again. I will be curious to see if this shows up after that.Again thanks very much for the headsup.RTHP4C800 Deluxe MotherboardOnboard SoundMax Sound to Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 SpeakersPentium 4, 3.2G CPU1G PC3200/400 MemoryWinXP ProDirectX9.0bATI Radeon 9800Pro 128MBSecondary Graphics Diamond Stealth III S540 PCI 21

Guest Captain Barfbag

Does anyone else use your computer? My 13-year-old started with a brand new computer on Saturday. By Monday, it was so full of spyware that the popups were running 50-60% of the CPU time. The major culprit was Incredimail, a mail front end that opens the door wide for all manner of Spyware. Spybot took care of most of the problems, but there are still a couple on there that didn't get fully flushed. Whenever I see an extra toolbar show up in IE, I know it's time to pull out the Spyware folder and start running the tools.After many years, our government stopped arguing about flag burning and gay marriage long enough to actually do something about Spam. Maybe in a few more years they'll do something about Spyware and Adware before it chokes the Internet completely, but I wouldn't hold my breath about it. Get Spybot, and run it frequently. And next time you get the urge to contribute to a political campaign, give the bucks to Spybot instead.

Guest Dan CYKA

I use Incredimail (paid version) with no problems at all. The big "tough" secret to all this is a good, well kept firewall and anti-virus software. TechTV did a comparison test on all the major firewalls, and it was very surprising to say the least at what they found. Belive it or not, Zone Alarm (freeware version) rated higher then Norton. The number one firewall/anti-virus, and anti-ad software was the full suite from McAfee. I had been a die-hard Norton user and swore by it for years. I bought the McAfee software and was surprised at how much Norton was missing and leaving behind. IE is not bad also if, again, you are sure to keep the updates current and your firewall is well maintained. Another VERY good site to visit is www.grc.com Pete Gibson knows his stuff and there is some great info, freeware, and tips on his site.I can never understand why some people will spend $3,000 on a computer and never $100.00 on a good firewall/anti-virus to protect it.