Sign in to follow this  
BimmerCop

i7 3770K needs de-lidding?

My lapping kit is in the mail, probably won't get the job done until next week though, going out of town this weekend and busy up until then. Targeting at least 5GHz with lower voltage and temps as well as higher memory clock around 2700 with the Maximus B Gene board also. Hasse, I doubt you need to lap with phase change ;)

My lapping kit is in the mail, probably won't get the job done until next week though, going out of town this weekend and busy up until then. Targeting at least 5GHz with lower voltage and temps as well as higher memory clock around 2700 with the Maximus B Gene board also. Hasse, I doubt you need to lap with phase change ;)

Lapping kit? Whatever happened to good ol' sandpapers, glass sheet and elbow grease? :P

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Lapping kit? Whatever happened to good ol' sandpapers, glass sheet and elbow grease? :P

That's what it is :P

LOL I was gonna say, lapping kits are for sissies! hahaha

:Shame On You: These are slapping kits........ :He He:

Slapping kit is what happens if it doesn't work, then I'll get another 3770k and hope for a stronger IMC, maybe do what Hasse did piece together a phase change system to finally make FSX purr.

Slapping kit is what happens if it doesn't work, then I'll get another 3770k and hope for a stronger IMC, maybe do what Hasse did piece together a phase change system to finally make FSX purr.

lol Yea, a phase change kit is something that should really be considered in the future for me too. For now, I thought I would never say this, but my FSX is running like a dream! I just did a test flight, a couple of circuits around KMCO where they were getting hammered today with thunderstorms and my FPS was ROCK SOLID at 30FPS, with the occasional dip to 29.9 lol

That was with this setup:

FSX Acceleration (EVERY OPTION FULL RIGHT and cloud density set to 12 in fsx.cfg)

UTX

GEX

UT2 (All traffic at 50%)

REX-E (HD Textures @ 4096 and live weather)

FSGlobal 2010

Default Grand Caravan

NickN's ENBSeries

FSUIPC

The weather was INSANE and graphics quality was surreal! Like I said, FSX was rock solid the WHOLE TIME at 30FPS.

Simply amazing...

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

That just doesn't sound right. This thread is going south quickly! LMAO!

After a long day, this just gave me the hardest laugh in a while... :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Still noone answered my question. What is a 'slapping' or 'lapping' kit?

Still noone answered my question. What is a 'slapping' or 'lapping' kit?

Lapping kit.

As to slapping kits, they exist, but I can't link to them on a family-friendly site...

It's been a few months since I've been on the forums. I return to see you guys all talking about removing heat spreaders and lapping processors. I thought you had all gone extreme overclocking and drank the cool-aid, but apparently this is the norm for these new Ivy Bridge processors?

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

lol Yea, a phase change kit is something that should really be considered in the future for me too. For now, I thought I would never say this, but my FSX is running like a dream! I just did a test flight, a couple of circuits around KMCO where they were getting hammered today with thunderstorms and my FPS was ROCK SOLID at 30FPS, with the occasional dip to 29.9 lol

That was with this setup:

FSX Acceleration (EVERY OPTION FULL RIGHT and cloud density set to 12 in fsx.cfg)

UTX

GEX

UT2 (All traffic at 50%)

REX-E (HD Textures @ 4096 and live weather)

FSGlobal 2010

Default Grand Caravan

NickN's ENBSeries

FSUIPC

The weather was INSANE and graphics quality was surreal! Like I said, FSX was rock solid the WHOLE TIME at 30FPS.

Simply amazing...

Hmmm the default Caravan. Try loading up the NGX at UK2000's Heathrow and tell us how it goes =).

How about the NGX @ FSDT KJFK w/Manhattan X, REXE (+ OD whenever it comes out), UT2, GEX, and UTX? All at 7680x1440.