Sign in to follow this  
Ericd

workload for the captain

I'm very happy with the FS2crew add ons, makes it al lot more " real".

I was wondering if the things the FO is doing and the things the Captain is doing in FS2crew is exactly like the real world.

It seems not very balanced. The FO is doing much more than the captain.

As a " captain" I set up my part and than most of the time I have to wait untill the FO is ready with his preparations.

Lot of time to study the charts. :lol:

It is no problem, but I'm just curious.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Glad you're liking the software.

There are a million ways to skin a cat, and FS2Crew generally does it the way it's done at one particular operator.

Other airlines may do things slightly differently.

Cheers,

Hi Eric,

Glad you're liking the software.

There are a million ways to skin a cat, and FS2Crew generally does it the way it's done at one particular operator.

Other airlines may do things slightly differently.

Cheers,

Thanks Bryan,

Nice to know.

Eric

Hi Ericd

One thing that I noticed a long time ago too was that it seemed a bit backwards- the FO doing more work than the Captain and how could this be, considering that the Captain is definitely rated on the aircraft and knows more about it, right? The same thing when I was considering becoming a rail road Engineer (train driver). The Conductor on the train was doing far more stuff (especially procedural and safety items) and it seemed so backward to me since the Engineer would be the senior crew member (like Captain). However, when you consider that both the Engineer and Captain have one solitary goal- safe execution of the flight/train, then they need someone doing all the distracting work that takes their eyes off the safe operation of the aircraft/train. That's why you see the FO doing more work. Hope that makes sense.

And, by the way- In my full scale LJ45 simulator, I am definitely the "senior" crew member on it but my friend that comes over on Friday night is learning quickly. I prefer the FO role almost more, because besides Takeoff and Landing, the FO gets to do far more stuff! In a full scale cockpit, it's the fun part.