Sign in to follow this  
neon123678

FSX software biggest pile of rubbish

two factors come to mind in op post FSUIPC and tweaked config file. in my experience both of these have caused me issues in the past so I dont use them

Is Microsoft still not supplying FSX?

In my country FSX Deluxe is still retailing for $69:

http://www.dicksmith...ulator-x-deluxe

I predict the demand for it will remain as ORBX released a New Zealand North Island and South Island Scenery Pack. Kiwi's love this country and would invest in this type of software

Here's a question for both sides of the argument.

how many of you would get on a real aircraft if you knew that the software in the cockpit was written by MS?

I'll start with a score of minus1 = Not in a million years!!!!

Same could be said about cars....If Car manufacturers made cars with the same amount of deficts and recalls as software then their would be major backlash from the consumers. but for whatever reason software recalls (updates) are acceptable business practice for software publishers

Matthew Kane

Same could be said about cars....If Car manufacturers made cars with the same amount of deficts and recalls as software then their would be major backlash from the consumers. but for whatever reason software recalls (updates) are acceptable business practice for software publishers

I think Ford has experienced just this with their navigation/entertainment system.

scott s.

Hi Robin...

Please excuse my ranting , I know im not the only one with problems. My anger doesn't lie with any developers , they do an exceptional job . My beef lies with Microsoft , they basically took our money and ran , gave us two MINOR service packs , which only one actually benefited us performance wise. I find it absolutely ridiculous that people in the community are forced to spend thousands of there hard earned money on gaming rigs to run this software , and still the majority of us can only dream of coming into an airport like Heathrow with full graphics and get reasonable frame rates. These are the same rigs that wont break a sweat running games like Battle field 3 .

Sorry to hear of your frustration. I know what it was like for me.

However I am now running FSX perfectly, and the NGX. I have had no problems whatsover with FSX for about five years now, and none with the NGX since it was released. I dumped AMD - I don't touch them now.

I found that when I had an AMD system, most of my problems were due to the much higher temperatures involved - My AMD CPUs seemed to run much hotter, and I became aware of this after restarting flights that had been saved immediately prior to the crash, noting temps and programs running. This was after I succeeded in dismissing software problems as the cause...If these problems do occur some time into the flight - try saving often and make a note of how long your system has been running. Try to keep your system clean from dust. I tend to use one of my daughters' make up brushes to clean the mobo/fins/fan blades with the vacuum cleaner. I had to do that very often with AMD, In my experience Intel CPUs don't seem to suffer the same problems with temperatures.

In my experience, AMD systems require much more efficient cooling. Once I nailed that, and introduced more efficient cooling, the problems disappeared.

I see that you have a 1Tb HD. Try the usual re-install - rename your current FS Folder to 'FSX Old' or similar. Re-install using a separate partition, not drive 'C'. Use default aircraft only. Perform a few takeoffs/landings at San Francisco/New York etc - using only the default scenery, but load as much as you can. Now check your hardware temps.

As others have said - try the defaults first, monitor your temps (I use 'Core Temp' displayed 'On Top' of Win 7 - it's freeware). Introduce more intensive aircraft slowly, keeping notes. It takes time.

I have said this before - IMO MS have excelled in their FS versions - running such detailed sims on desktops, where they were originally confined to special £15m hardware installations, is a fantastic achievement. FS has always been very hardware intensive.

Double check all your BIOS settings. Inaccurate settings can be a problem to sort. FS is very picky. Try your BIOS default settings first.

I wish you the best of luck. Keep at it. It is worth it in the end. You have a wealth of experience available to assist you here at Avsim. Let us know how you get on.

Sorry Chase - time to move it again, to the Hardware forum ?

Regards

Bill

Just to point out that at least Microsoft have allowed further development of the core programme by Lockheed Martin. Prepar3D at least gives FSX fans a way ahead if they're struggling?

Microsoft TWICE started an upgrade of their Train Simulator (MSTS) called MSTS2. Read the full sorry tale here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSTS2

As far as I know the only hope for MSTS fans is a community development called "Open Rails" but it's freeware with backward compatability for MSTS add-ons but here again the only thing like "state of the art" with those is freeware developed by the community.

So what?

Well by comparisson FS fans have been spoilt rotten?

It seems to me that there's been a lot of good community advice here and bugs get fixed by calm and patient analysis ....although I do appreciate why you wanted to rant <_<

Geoff

Geoff Brown

The OP, and others, seem to have missed the point that FSX is a consumer game developed to a price for a particular market, with all that implies. Thatt market didn't include those who want to add very complex aircraft combined with very detailed scenery developed independently to varying standards by 3rd parties.

Microsoft stopped developing FSX into FS11 and then stopped developing Flight. That suggests that neuither were commercially viable and that we're unlikely to get anything else from Microsoft in the foreseeable future.