Sign in to follow this  
JetNoise

speed brakes, thrust reverse, saitek throttle - advise needed

hi captains,

usually my config for landing is: speedbrakes armed, autobrake set, thrust reverse after touchdown when needed.

Thrust reverse is assigned to the saitek thrust-lever button action ( lever all the way down) via fsuipc registered.

speed brakes via saitek lever zones (blue 2nd lever)

problem: after touchdown when speedbrakes deploy, because armed, or thrust-levers back to idle

and

application of thrust reverse

the speedbrakes start to pump out and in, speed brake lever moving accordingly.

Is this a problem of fsuipc lever configuration, or jittering signal, or saitek speed brake lever position (armed)

causing a duplication of signals

FSUIPC:

saitek thottle (thrust reverse) : button/switches: throttle decrease, control repeat ticked, throttle cut when released

sautek throttle( speed brake): assigned to "spoilers" Joystick calib: Spoilers direct: Filter and Reverse ticked

i already studied fcoms about topics speed reverser and speedbrakes appliance and conditions for use.

read also several topics on pete dawsons fsuipc forum and others

I also tried the lua script available at PDs forum.

i hope, you out there have some tricks available

Oliver

--

Don't assign axis maps directly through FSUIPC with the NGX, because that's your problem.

You can assign them through FSX and still calibrate through FSUIPC.

Don't assign axis maps directly through FSUIPC with the NGX, because that's your problem.

You can assign them through FSX and still calibrate through FSUIPC.

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

so how did you actually do it.

Throttle axis via fsx

saitek throttle buttons/switches via fsuipc using throttle decrease and cutoff

spoilers arm and deply level via fsuipc or fsx (and how via fsx ?

would be able to describe a bitmore in detail ? you know, one little mistake and new problems arise.

thanks

Oliver

--

I have seen this happen to me once maybe twice but it just seemed to stop happening. Can't remember if I just recallibrated or it was a one off. I also have to say that I have my controls set through fsuipc directly and apart from that little glitch I have never seen an issue contrary to advice.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I know for a fact that axis maps set through FSUIPC for any PMDG aircraft causes problems with the control surfaces due to the way their aircraft was coded (especially the flaps).

Even PMDG states in their NGX introduction.pdf to avoid setting axis maps through FSUIPC.

Throttle axis via fsx

saitek throttle buttons/switches via fsuipc using throttle decrease and cutoff

spoilers arm and deply level via fsuipc or fsx

You pretty much got it right.

For spoilers I setup zones and commands through FSUIPC for a lever instead of setting spoilers as an axis in FSX.

I think I used 'arm toggle' and 'on toggle' but check the FSUIPC commands to be sure.

I did it this way instead of a full axis because sometimes the plane won't recognize where the lever actually is and the speedbrakes won't deploy even if armed on touchdown. This happens especially in the Level-D 767, but also the NGX and the 747 sometimes. It's hit or miss.

Rather then deal with that, setting "zones" ensures no commands are being sent constantly through the axis (and realistically the speedbrake lever would move on it's own after it auto deploys on touchdown in the real world....in FSX it stays where you left it and sometimes FSX "sees" it still in the arm position sending out an "arm" command preventing deployment).

@777fan

thanks for that precise explanation. I am currently flying online LGIR-EDDF. I'll try your setup after that and will probably report back next week or so.

Thanks all

Oliver

--

Yes PMDG will tell you the NGX doesn't like FSUIPC and it's true to a point. However the way I have it setup has not caused me a single issue with the NGX. I have ALL of my AXIS assigned through FSUIPC. There is a little trick I do before every flight that prevents any FSUIPC problems from occuring.

First let me explain my setup. I have the Saitek Yoke, Pedals, and 2 throttle Quadrants so I can have Speed Brakes, 4 Engines and Flaps.

Like others I have noticed when you start up FSX and then start a new flight that the wrong Axis is sometimes assigned in FSUIPC and this causes problems. Example: Engine 4 lever moves over to Engine 3 Lever.

Now here is the solution. Before you push back from the gate do the following. (Do this for every Flight)

Go into FSUIPC click on the Axis Assignment TAB. Click on RESCAN and then move one of your levers and if the correct assignment shows up hit rescan and go to the next lever. If one of the levers doesn't show the correct assignment hit rescan and move it again until the correct one shows up. Do this for all the levers on your throttle and then exit. It takes less than 30 seconds to do this before every flight and if you do this you know all your controllers are configured correctly. I have no problems using the NGX with this setup, and I fly the MD11 and 747-400 as well. All work Flawlessly.

If your not a believer then try what I said above and then come back and let me know. :wink:

Paul, setting flaps thru fsuipc for pmdg aircraft causes Phantom flap angles to exist even if the cockpit shows flaps at 0.

For some users this changes the flight profile of the aircraft with a high aoa even though you configured the aircraft to be clean.

If you haven't experienced this then you're lucky, but I had this issue in both the ngx and the js41.

Hi captains,

thanks for all of your advises and suggestions ....

I think I found the culprit B)

So far:

I kept setting up my Saitek Throttle, Yoke and Pedals through FSUIPC (registered)

I adjusted nullzones in WIN7 a bit.

NOW, I found out that ARMING SPEEDBRAKES by using one of the Saitek levers causes some kind of duplicate commands when speedbtakes deploy on landing and/or using reverse thrust.

So DON'T use a lever to arm spoilers, use button assignment or mouse click (speedbrake lever on control stand)

I now use the Saitek lever only to apply speedbrakes during flight if needed, again NO ARMING

I did (a million :rolleyes:) of touch'n' go's to proove it. I hope it works for you guys as well !!

I guess we can mark this subject as "SOLVED"

Oliver

--

You can send the hate comments as I'm opening this ancient thread.

Have found that I can arm the speedbrakes with a Saitek lever through FSUIPC. First I set up the first lever of the yoke quadrant  as a reversed axis in FSUIPC so the lever is straight up when stowed. Then I set a null zone...through FSUIPC at the second mark from the stowed position. When I'm ready to deploy, I look at the speedbrake lever and watch it as I pull the lever down towards the armed position. If you watch it and move semi-slowly it will glich/stop at the armed position. When you pull the throttles back to reverse, the speedbrakes deploy as intended. While flying If you pull it more such as you would in flight, it will also click in the in flight extended mode. In the joystick calibration section of FSUIPC.ini I have the following entry:

Spoilers=-16383,-2944,-256,16384/24

BTW,I have the Saitek panels and use SPAD and FSUIPC exclusively to setup and run the system. If you don't use SPAD, you might want to look into it. My FSUIPC setting for flaps:

41=P64,0,C65759,0 ; FLAPS RETRACT
42=P64,1,C65758,0 ; FLAPS EXTEND

SPAD lets you set up 'phantom' keys to be programed in FSUIPC. Won't go into programming SPAD but well worth a look. Don't forget that many functions on PMDG can be accomplished with the build in FSUIPC macro facility. Good stuff.

Also have the add on quadrant so I use the second and third lever from the yoke and the 1st and second from the addon quadrant as the other two throttles. (PMDG 747). Saitek provides a handle to do this and it works great. The last lever is programmed as the tiller. FSUIPC allows you to set a speed where the tiller is no longer effective and the rudder takes over. Just like the real thing. If you can't tell I'm a huge FSUIPC fan. So far everything I've wanted to do, I can do exclusively in FSUIPC and SPAD. Have the FSX setting for EVERYTHING turned off. Happy to share my FSUIPC.ini and SPAD settings.

Apologies for anyone that takes offense to my opening this but it is frustrating to have an incomplete or an alternate answer to a question but heaven forbit the thread is reopened and the information added/updated.  

You can send the hate comments as I'm opening this ancient thread.

Have found that I can arm the speedbrakes with a Saitek lever through FSUIPC. First I set up the first lever of the yoke quadrant as a reversed axis in FSUIPC so the lever is straight up when stowed. Then I set a null zone...through FSUIPC at the second mark from the stowed position. When I'm ready to deploy, I look at the speedbrake lever and watch it as I pull the lever down towards the armed position. If you watch it and move semi-slowly it will glich/stop at the armed position. When you pull the throttles back to reverse, the speedbrakes deploy as intended. While flying If you pull it more such as you would in flight, it will also click in the in flight extended mode. In the joystick calibration section of FSUIPC.ini I have the following entry:

Spoilers=-16383,-2944,-256,16384/24

BTW,I have the Saitek panels and use SPAD and FSUIPC exclusively to setup and run the system. If you don't use SPAD, you might want to look into it. My FSUIPC setting for flaps:

41=P64,0,C65759,0 ; FLAPS RETRACT

42=P64,1,C65758,0 ; FLAPS EXTEND

SPAD lets you set up 'phantom' keys to be programed in FSUIPC. Won't go into programming SPAD but well worth a look. Don't forget that many functions on PMDG can be accomplished with the build in FSUIPC macro facility. Good stuff.

Also have the add on quadrant so I use the second and third lever from the yoke and the 1st and second from the addon quadrant as the other two throttles. (PMDG 747). Saitek provides a handle to do this and it works great. The last lever is programmed as the tiller. FSUIPC allows you to set a speed where the tiller is no longer effective and the rudder takes over. Just like the real thing. If you can't tell I'm a huge FSUIPC fan. So far everything I've wanted to do, I can do exclusively in FSUIPC and SPAD. Have the FSX setting for EVERYTHING turned off. Happy to share my FSUIPC.ini and SPAD settings.

Apologies for anyone that takes offense to my opening this but it is frustrating to have an incomplete or an alternate answer to a question but heaven forbit the thread is reopened and the information added/updated.

Looking at it right now, thanks for picking up this old subject.

Will report back here.. (needs 2 weeks or so, I am off for a seminar.)

Oliver

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk 2

--