Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

5 hours ago, tomarduini said:

Ok, thanks.  I’ll give that a try. It sounds like a bug, though, since I have the FO turned completely off. 

Your welcome

You may need to read this thread

MCE integration with PF3 has changed dramatically this year.

For instance, now MCE own co-pilots handle ATC (even recorded human voices do), whereas before it would switch PF3 VCP mode.

With new implementation, MCE sets PF3 VCP mode OFF and leaves it there.

It's an internal variable within MCE that keeps track wjhether FO has the COMMs.

By default, it's set to "FO initially has the COMMS when you start MCE".

So, if you want to handle it yourself, must tell him you have the COMMS.

With option "FO can takeover ATC when busy" (in MCE ATC tab)enabled, expect him to eventually take obver ATC when he ses a reply is due and you din't handle it within 20 seconds or so. Eventually disable that option, if you don't want him to interfere with ATC at all.

Hi there,

I saw that you have added support for the aerosoft CRJ now. I have updated my MCE but I am not getting any interface between MCE and the aircraft. Is there an issue with the DLL. I have checked and the mcasoftCRJ.dll is in the MCE dll folder. Is there a more up to date dll file?

Many thanks

Andy

2 hours ago, andygg said:

Hi there,

I saw that you have added support for the aerosoft CRJ now. I have updated my MCE but I am not getting any interface between MCE and the aircraft. Is there an issue with the DLL. I have checked and the mcasoftCRJ.dll is in the MCE dll folder. Is there a more up to date dll file?

Many thanks

Andy

Ask copilot to dial speed, heading, altitude and switch window heat on via direct voice comands

If he does, you have the correct dll in place.

If you mean the flows aren't showing up when you click <Voxscript> button, you need to briefly run the app wizard,

Windows menu Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Run app wizard. No need for speech training.

Should see them after that..

Hi again but I am still not getting any interface between MCE and the aircraft. The only item that will change when I request it is the radio frequency. I can control flaps None of the overhead switch commands are working and the altitude and speed settings are not changing.

When I ask the copilot to run a procedure he is reporting it completed but nothing changes in the sim. I have tried changing the DLL file. Other aircraft such as Majestic Dash 8 are working fine. I ran the wizard as instructed but no change. Any thoughts? 

Sorry I forget to add. I am running P3DV4 and using Oculus Rift with fly inside. I have tried the DLL file from the download and have tried different ones but same result. I have the latest Aerosoft CRJ version and the latest MCE version.

Any help you can suggest would be gratefully received.

Kind regards

Andy

8 minutes ago, andygg said:

Sorry I forget to add. I am running P3DV4 and using Oculus Rift with fly inside. I have tried the DLL file from the download and have tried different ones but same result. I have the latest Aerosoft CRJ version and the latest MCE version.

Any help you can suggest would be gratefully received.

Kind regards

Andy

The patch doesn't replace CRJ related dll which is named "mcasoftCRJ.dll"

If you don't have a standard P3D V4 installation, I mean one that had to be tricked for other add-ons to think it's P3D V3, it would cause the installer to put 32 bit dlls, and P3D V4 can't load those.

Suggest you un-install previous version, then download and install latest V2.7.4.2 available from this link

When done with installation, go to \Prepart3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder.

Right-click "mcasoftCRJ.dll" and select properties. should see

Version 1.0.2.1

File size: 106 KB (108,760 bytes)

If it's different size, then you probably have the 32 Bit dll there.

In that case, delete entire <MCE dlls> folder and go back to downloaded unzipped file.

Look under \Files\FSX\ folder.

Copy entire <MCE dlls x64> and paste it to \Prepar3D v4\ installation folder.

IMPORTANT: Rename the folder to <MCE dlls>

Should be good to go after that.

Hi there,

Did full reinstall as suggested and ran wizard again. All is working great now. Many thanks. One more aircraft now fully supported by co pilot. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best value for money and most immersive add on available.

Keep up the great work Gerald and the team|

On 11/9/2017 at 0:49 PM, Fighter Guy said:

Hey Gerald,

I'm having another issue with when a statement is in brackets. When at an uncontrolled airfield and I tune to the traffic frequency, I cannot get the menu to advance to the next page when selecting a runway. For example my home airport KVCB

1 - [Tune KVCB Automated Weather on 134.75]

2 - Announce Clear of Runway

3 - [Select a Runway for Takeoff]

I speak "Select a runway for takeoff" and the ATC menu advances to the next screen 

Select a Runway from the List

1 - [Runway 2]

2 - [Runway 20] 

3 - [-- Back-- ]

Here's the problem. When I say "runway 2 or runway 20" nothing happens. If I say "option 1 or 2" it advances to the next menu. When I say "back" it advances back to the previous menu. I have a buddy that has MCE also and he's not having this problem. I'm assuming it's a problem on my machine. I've installed 2.7.4.0 but the problem continues. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tony

So I've updated  to 2.7.4.2. Happy to say that the refueling issue from my earlier post has been corrected. Thanks for the great work. Also your suggestion to create a new speech profile corrected the climb and decent issue that I was having (also in my previous post).  However I'm continuing to have the above problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I even went as far as to clear the registry of any instance of multi crew experience and started with a fresh install to see if that would help. I'm not sure what else I can do. I've also have created new speech profiles to the point I'm hoarse. My buddy in the above post also informed me that he updated to 2.7.4.2, and that he now has the same problem even though he did not have the problem prior to the update.

Another issue I seem to be having is sometimes my virtual copilot (in this case Clive) seems to sometimes rush through reading my checklist. (meaning he does not allow me time to give a respond to an item). Sometimes he skips right over an item and other times he reads it correctly. Is there away to slow down the action/reaction time between checklist items? I know about using the pause when creating flows but that's it.  

One last thing, you guys do an awesome job correcting issues people have with MCE, but what I don't  see is a change log with what's been corrected when an update comes out. I see that it adds support for a new aircraft, but nothing when it comes to issues being fixed. Is this by design? 

All in all though I love this program. It has brought new life to my FSX experience. A definite keeper addon. Thanks for the help and great support.

Tony Jewell 

On 12/3/2017 at 3:36 AM, Fighter Guy said:

So I've updated  to 2.7.4.2. Happy to say that the refueling issue from my earlier post has been corrected. Thanks for the great work. Also your suggestion to create a new speech profile corrected the climb and decent issue that I was having (also in my previous post).  However I'm continuing to have the above problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I even went as far as to clear the registry of any instance of multi crew experience and started with a fresh install to see if that would help. I'm not sure what else I can do. I've also have created new speech profiles to the point I'm hoarse. My buddy in the above post also informed me that he updated to 2.7.4.2, and that he now has the same problem even though he did not have the problem prior to the update.

Another issue I seem to be having is sometimes my virtual copilot (in this case Clive) seems to sometimes rush through reading my checklist. (meaning he does not allow me time to give a respond to an item). Sometimes he skips right over an item and other times he reads it correctly. Is there away to slow down the action/reaction time between checklist items? I know about using the pause when creating flows but that's it.  

One last thing, you guys do an awesome job correcting issues people have with MCE, but what I don't  see is a change log with what's been corrected when an update comes out. I see that it adds support for a new aircraft, but nothing when it comes to issues being fixed. Is this by design? 

All in all though I love this program. It has brought new life to my FSX experience. A definite keeper addon. Thanks for the help and great support.

Tony Jewell 

Sorry, should have mentioned that request taxi for refueling was the only issue addressed. The other one was forgotten about.:blush:

One thing to keep in mind, MCE supports 41 complex aircraft, 3 ATC systems, and has integration with GSX & AES.

There will always be the odd switch S1 that doesn't get handled by Fo as expected on aircraft A2 or A39. Or GSX, PF3 changing something that would prompt MCE to adjust accordingly.

We work on it, every day of the week.

We prefer not to pester users with frequent announcements about updates.

When a new aircraft is supported, we do send out e-mails.

Users who report bugs either via the forum or e-mail would know when a patch is available to address their specific issue.

We have to keep the Demo in the best shape possible. That means at least one new package upload a month, sometimes 2 or even 3.

I can tell you that the native ATC interface is right now broken when users disables all features and only keeps the "Talk to ATC" feature enabled.

By the end of the week, should make sure the feature is totally independent. I mean, not relying on some dynamic update that only happens when other features are enabled.

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate all the effort that goes into this product, I know it's not easy. As far as my system is concerned, I don't have all of the fancy bells and whistle programs that other simmers do, just box level FSX with native ATC. I have all features enabled, with the exception of nagging and some of the miscellaneous features that don't apply to me. What features are you referring to?

I totally understand about not having a change log, I assumed as much.  

Again, the issues that I raised were really only minor in the grand scheme of things, so please don't think I was just picking out little details to make everything perfect for me. This is by far the best addition to FSX for me .

Your hard work, and customer service is top notch and greatly appreciated.

21 hours ago, Fighter Guy said:

What features are you referring to?

Your welcome.

I was referring to all main features in "General" tab disabled, except "Talk to ATC controllers" features.

A usage scenario that is less tested than when having all features enabled.

I'm not sure if it is allready adressed, but on Xplane 11.11 with the latest version of MCE and the latest version of Zibo Mod 737 the handling of heading selection and arming spoilers don't work anymore.

18 hours ago, Ed van de Vijver said:

I'm not sure if it is allready adressed, but on Xplane 11.11 with the latest version of MCE and the latest version of Zibo Mod 737 the handling of heading selection and arming spoilers don't work anymore.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Will be checked and mended as soon as possible.

There is an update due very soon, to add support for FF A350.

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, Ed van de Vijver said:

Should be fixed in latest version available here