Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

26 minutes ago, Kyrmy4 said:

Some commands on Zibo 737 didn't work correctly:

right forward fuel pump - switched right aft pump, check fire detection, apu start ,wing lights off, wheel well lights, flaps up, position lights, autobrakes

Xplane 11.36

Zibo 737 3.36.17

MCE 1.4.2.4

Zibo mod is always a moving target, with datarefs disappearing and new ones created, which occasionally breaks a few things.

No problem adjusting though.

Could you point us to the current Zibno mod you're using? Download link, so we can be in sync.

Thanks

18 hours ago, FS++ said:

Zibo mod is always a moving target, with datarefs disappearing and new ones created, which occasionally breaks a few things.

No problem adjusting though. 

Could you point us to the current Zibno mod you're using? Download link, so we can be in sync.

Thanks

Zibo 737 download link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-tdl3VvPeOOYm12Wm80V04wdDQ

latest version is 3.36.17, same as i'm using, you have to download 3.36_full.zip too and install it first.

But yeah, Zibo is updated many times a month, and changing everytime... it would be nice to make mce commands by "custom" datarefs.

Thank you.

On 9/26/2019 at 5:01 PM, Kyrmy4 said:

Zibo 737 download link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-tdl3VvPeOOYm12Wm80V04wdDQ

latest version is 3.36.17, same as i'm using, you have to download 3.36_full.zip too and install it first.

But yeah, Zibo is updated many times a month, and changing everytime... it would be nice to make mce commands by "custom" datarefs.

Thank you.

Sorted in latest version

I'm creating a new checklist and I can't trigger the command "Off". This is essential. I see the recognition is good because I see the word "Off" in the upper left corner but the FO do not understand me.

This is the sentence:

[ ] REVERSER lights -- OFF

[ ] SERVICE INTERPHONE switch -- OFF

..etc. 

Also the command Extinguish or extinguished are not understand by the FO but the recognition is good.

Any clue?

Edited by keats_1980

4 hours ago, keats_1980 said:

I'm creating a new checklist and I can't trigger the command "Off". This is essential. I see the recognition is good because I see the word "Off" in the upper left corner but the FO do not understand me.

This is the sentence:

[ ] REVERSER lights -- OFF

[ ] SERVICE INTERPHONE switch -- OFF

..etc. 

Also the command Extinguish or extinguished are not understand by the FO but the recognition is good.

Any clue?

Which aircraft? Thanks

Zibo 3.34.

There are something really wrong here or maybe I'm missing something but I had to check the "No item Status check" to go on. But, of course, with this option, no matter what I say, the FO will go to the next item.

I expect to have a solution for this problem, because this is a 55€ program (with taxes) and expected that, with effort, I could simulate FS2Crew that worked like a charm in P3D.

I also want my FO to check if the reverssers and autobreak has been activated just after the touchdown, is that possible without any voice command?

...And this is the first checklist (Preliminary Fligth Deck Procedure) with only 25 items to check...and I have to do the entire Ryanair SOP for this plane and Vueling SOP for Flight Factor A320... I'm going to die!!

Edited by keats_1980

Also, when you say to silence the warning bell, the FO pushes the Master caution instead of the Fire Warning button.

There is also an anoying thing, every now and then, MCE recognizes the "Atention" comand randomly, without saying nothing.

3 hours ago, keats_1980 said:

Zibo 3.34.

There are something really wrong here or maybe I'm missing something but I had to check the "No item Status check" to go on. But, of course, with this option, no matter what I say, the FO will go to the next item.

I expect to have a solution for this problem, because this is a 55€ program (with taxes) and expected that, with effort, I could simulate FS2Crew that worked like a charm in P3D.

I also want my FO to check if the reverssers and autobreak has been activated just after the touchdown, is that possible without any voice command?

...And this is the first checklist (Preliminary Fligth Deck Procedure) with only 25 items to check...and I have to do the entire Ryanair SOP for this plane and Vueling SOP for Flight Factor A320... I'm going to die!!

OK, since you suggested Fs2crew is the model to follow, you need some perspective here.😎

This rant isn't intended at you specifically, but rather those misguided users out there.

First, MCE has been in the making for more than a decade and is sold as "try before you buy". Second, it supports 23 complex aircraft so far and to a much deeper integration than the competition. Proof is that we give you the ability to use any real world checklist, and can converse with co-pilot in a natural way, including creating custom commands to get him to do what you want, when you want. Not to mention, being able to speak any non-English language you want and get crew members to understand you, should you want to pursue that.

It's a fully interactive crew simulation for well informed people (including real world pilots). Not a scripted adventure with a timer in the background dictating what you say and when (inducing robotic behavior), then trying to mesmerize you with audio (the gist of the product).

If you are so much in awe with Fs2crew, so why don't you convince him to provide it for X-Plane?

If you want to believe the B*S explanation he gives when asked about X-Plane, feel free to do so.😄

The reality is that he cannot get into X-Plane without finding someone to do it for him from scratch (so he can deal with the selling part). Too much work and learning.

What he needs is PMDG to get in, and use the same system with a "Panel.cfg" so he can add the same gauge (from FSX/P3D) to the plane. Not going to happen.

When you have too much time on your hand, you end-up with silly ideas, like packaging the same thing multiple times so you can make yourself look like a big operation and generate buzz.

When we state, we fully support a complex aircraft, we mean it. That includes co-pilot assisting you with auto-pilot dialing HDG, ALT, VS when needed (even with FSL A320). And we did it 2 years before he cam up with a half backed solution (probably done by an outsider). He claims, according to "imaginary" SOPs, auto-pilot is exclusive domain of PF. Yeah, but he doesn't say that with PMDG NGX,

Why no Qw787 for instance? Yep, because Quality Wings doesn't hand it on a plate. 

It's also just a matter of time before you realize our design is more robust. Running speech engine inside the simulator process is the daftest thing you can do.

You are only one speech command from a CTD. No worries, it will no doubt be blamed on other add-ons.

We run MCE and speech engine outside the sim for better stability of the latter and to prevent speech engine eating valuable VAS memory (important for FSX)

We don't mind competition by the way.

Our gripe, is that, with that rigid scripted adventure, and the forum manipulation, once a few people part with their hard earned cash and discover that in actual use it's nothing like those "doctored and suggestive videos", they will end-up shelving it and write off speech recognition for flight sim for good because they don't know there is a better implementation out there.

Enough said.

Now to the substance...

Zibo 737 doesn't have a reverser switch to arm disarm, say like CRJ 700, that's why Fo is confused.

You could replace checklist line with 

[ ] Thrust levers      -- Idle

That's one way to check you're out of reverse.

The interphone switch status can probably be sorted next week. I believe it's an oversight. It's usually checked with aircraft that have it working (not just as a dummy switch).

Thanks for reporting that.

[media] 

We just added full support for Airbus A319 from Toliss. We don't make a meal of it, even though it took roughly 3 months to implement.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/168623-multicrew-experience-mce-support-for-toliss-a319/

perhaps we should opt for 23 separate packages at US$ 24.99 each  for people to realize how cheap it is. 😛

That's right, this is why, except for the Lie Edition  which is frozen in time, MCE is never discounted.

20 minutes ago, keats_1980 said:

Also, when you say to silence the warning bell, the FO pushes the Master caution instead of the Fire Warning button.

There is also an anoying thing, every now and then, MCE recognizes the "Atention" comand randomly, without saying nothing.

Please make sure you're on the latest MCE version  for X-Plane V1.4.3.0 uploaded 2 days ago

A few issues with Zibo have been fixed and flows execution is improved.

Master warning will be checked.

Not sure whether you';ll still be getting "attention" on screen.

We'll take it from there.

Edited by FS++

Man, I don't want any war beween softwares, I tested your product and I saw a good perspective with a more in depth testings, so I bought it.

I know the limitations of FS2Crew and the good things that you mention MCE has. I mentioned FS2Crew because it's simpler than MCE but I can't manage to do a simple check list in MCE without having a lot af issues/workarounds.

I bought your software yesterday and I have a long way to master it, and yes, I have the latest version.

Another question: Is there eny way to have a conditional checklis line? For example: If IAS > 260 and ALT < 10000 then say "Whatch out the speed Captain"

Another one: Is there some way we can acces the datarefs an so, we can change the commands to perform the correct action?

Another one: What is the rule to the FO to check if the line is correct or not? For example:

[ ] electric hydraulic pump switches -- off

It doesn't matter if they are on or off, if I say Off, the FO continues with the checklist. however, with:

[ ] battery switch -- on and guard down

If the switch is not in position, the FO changes it.

Easy with me, I'm not camplaining, I only want to learn to use your software and I'm sure I will. I only need time and information.

Edited by keats_1980

It seems to be something wrong and random. It's not only with the "Off" answer. It happends every now and then. Now I cant manage to read this line. I tryed diferent things, like:

[ ] masterFirewarnLights -- check

[ ] masterFirewarnLights -- on

[ ] master Fire warning Lights -- check

Don't know whats happening!!

In all of them, the FO do not understand me but the recognition works.

Edited by keats_1980

1 hour ago, keats_1980 said:

Man, I don't want any war beween softwares, I tested your product and I saw a good perspective with a more in depth testings, so I bought it.

I know the limitations of FS2Crew and the good things that you mention MCE has. I mentioned FS2Crew because it's simpler than MCE but I can't manage to do a simple check list in MCE without having a lot af issues/workarounds.

I bought your software yesterday and I have a long way to master it, and yes, I have the latest version.

Another question: Is there eny way to have a conditional checklis line? For example: If IAS > 260 and ALT < 10000 then say "Whatch out the speed Captain"

It was suggested before, but we don't want to go that route. Some might start thinking MCE is too complicated and is for nerds. We want it to remain "natural language only", no "if", "then", "else", script this, script that, and what not. It was already a mistake to call one of the features "Voxscript". "Voxflow" would have been more appropriate. Absolutely no programming skills required.

Another one: Is there some way we can acces the datarefs an so, we can change the commands to perform the correct action?

Not possible I'm afraid, but if a particular dataref can be tied to a key combination, you could use Voxkey (a separate tool).

Windows Start->All Apps->Multi Crew X-Plane->Voxkey

Open the "X-Plane Demo.vkp" profile, create custom commands and tie them to specific key combinations. Then close Voxkey.

When MCE starts, it looks up the profile for X-Plane and makes those speech commands you made available for speech recognition.

It isn't suitable for cockpit switches as it doesn't care about initial state and simply toggles it.

Another one: What is the rule to the FO to check if the line is correct or not? For example:

It doesn't matter if they are on or off, if I say Off, the FO continues with the checklist. however, with:

If the switch is not in position, the FO changes it.

Go to "General" tab in MCE user interface and click <More Options> button.

In "Advanced Options" Panel, there is a "strict checklist". option.

When enabled, Fo will wait for your reply and if it's the wrong one, after a couple of attempts, will eventually try to set item per checklist

In general, here is how it goes.

Fo reads the left side of the checklist lines and looks for keywords.

If he's trained on a specific aircraft and is expected to check the item, it should go smoothly.

For items he doesn't understand, he'll just want to make sure your reply is as per checklist.

checked, check, verified, verify, set are interchangeable. Seen as same reply

It's the off, on, auto, arm, TA, TARA and the likes that require him to know the aircraft well.

with replies such "As required", "as desired", You can of course reply "as desired". But if you reply "on", item must be on.

Example

[ ] engine anti-ice -- As required.

Have to be honest with you, there could be a few things that need to be ironed out with Zibo and here is why.

As you know, Zibo is just a mod of the LM 737

In early days, because the LM 737 was seen as default aircraft, we didn't bother to check all switches. For instance, you would have window heat toggle all 4 switches when MCE is expected to check 4 of them with 737 NG.

We preferred to focus on IXEG 737, EADT 737 and FJS 737

Zibo made adjustments over a long period of time.

A few things were neglected in the process. Who would have thought so many people using Zibo now.

Occasionally things are also broken with Zibo guys making changes all the time, as happened recently for Fire test and APU start.

Give us a couple of weeks and all your issues will be addressed, if Zibo happens to be your preferred aircraft.

What we need is more reports like these. Another reason why not to trust videos. Looking at the one I posted, you would assume everything going smooth as butter.😄

It's impossible to keep track of all the changes made to all aircraft we support. And there are 43 other complex aircraft we have to deal with under Prepar3D/FSX as well.

Easy with me, I'm not camplaining, I only want to learn to use your software and I'm sure I will. I only need time and information.

No worries. I'm not even the mod here. Clive (Alpha117 Avsim appointed mod) is

I don't recall anyone has ever been banned or seen his post removed on this forum. You can ask the Avsim mods.

There is no reason for us to be on the defensive either, because we don't rely on the forum to "build a positive image" like the others have to.

If the Demo doesn't appeal to some, and there are certainly people who aren't keen on speech reco, they can just ignore it. No bad feelings, whatsoever.

Welcome to Multi Crew Experience

Replies embedded in your post.

55 minutes ago, keats_1980 said:

Don't know whats happening!!

In all of them, the FO do not understand me but the recognition works.

This is the correct form. Since this is a "check" reply, he'll just assume you did it.

Mmmm, I'm starting to understand. Now I'm going faster doing the checklis.

Thanks for the time taken to replay all my questions...but I'm afraid...there will be more!!...xD

1 hour ago, FS++ said:

This is the correct form. Since this is a "check" reply, he'll just assume you did it.

This line doesn't work. The FO doens't undestand me but the recognition is good, as I said. Now I know that there must be a problem with the first part....

Now I know that the problem is the word "Light" but I don't know why this check is not a valid one, the FO stucks saying that he doesn't understand instead of "Are you sure" or something like that.

I "solved" (workaround) using 

[ ] Master Fire Warn -- check

but of course, this do not check anything....I think we need more information on what are the words that trigger a check and what check it does.

Now I'm stucked in three lines below:

(None of the next lines understands the FO)

[ ] green extinguisher test lights -- Check

[ ] extinguisher test lights -- Check

[ ] test lights -- Check

[ ] extinguisher test -- Check

[ ] three lights -- Check

(very frustrating)

After 4 hours this is what I have acomplished:

[ ] landing gear lever -- down and six lights on 
[ ] ground power switch    --    on
[ ] go to fault inop detection, overheat detector switches -- normal
[ ] test switch hold fault inop -- ok
[ ] master caution, annunciator fault and auxiliar power unit light -- illuminated
[ ] fire overheat warning -- check
[ ] test switch to overheat fire -- ok
[ ] fire warning bell -- check
[ ] Master Fire Warn -- check
[ ] mastercaution lights and OverHeat annunciator  -- check

Edited by keats_1980