Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

Have lost my "Passengers Boarding/Unboarding" Audio with the new Visser/Jahn C-47 v3.  Have tried it with the aircraft's native pilot/FO/Stewardess audio on and off...no difference.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Garry Lundberg

Hi Guys,

I recently bought MCE and i'm using it in cooperation with ProATC-X. Everything is going very well except for this small issue.

When I have to interact with ProATC-X I instructed VoxKey to press the keyboard button "1" twice. The first time to call the ATC menu and the second time to ask for clearance, taxi and so on.

Well I seem to work only for the first entry. I seem to don't press the "1" twice. I tried several things:

1) Increased  number of execution up to 50 instead of 2.

2) Increased on MCE.ini the ButtonPress to 2500 and VoxKeyAction to 4000

Don't want to use a VoxKey command to call the menu and one to select the option.

Thanks

Hello,

I started using MCE since a long time now, but did not use it recently as I was mainly flying VFR.

I mostly use MCE with the Majestic Q400 and now with the PRO version. So i came back to IFR flight with my favorite copilot but things are not running fine anymore. Here is some of malfunctions I can see :

1. After MCE starts, status is always "airborne" despite I'm at the parking
  2. I'm unable to contact ground/mechanic anymore (probably caused by 1.)
  3. When required to do so, copilot does not manage to push any of the Q400 bush buttons. In the past I was handling this situation with disabling the "VC mipmap" option in P3D, but now it has no effect. For example, the "aircraft power with APU" script failed as the APU is still Off at the end.

My config is:

P3D v3.4.9 (run with admin privileges)

MCE v 2.6.8 (installed in default folder and run with admin privileges)

Q400 Pro  last version 1.0.18+

Any help is welcome

Thanks

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

After MCE starts, status is always "airborne" despite I'm at the parking
I'm unable to contact ground/mechanic anymore (probably caused by 1.)

Correct.

To guarantee smooth communication between "mce.exe" and Prepar3D.exe, under UAC rules, you MUST

1 - Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

2 - Set "Prepar3D.exe" to run as administrator.

When required to do so, copilot does not manage to push any of the Q400 bush buttons. In the past I was handling this situation with disabling the "VC mipmap" option in P3D, but now it has no effect. For example, the "aircraft power with APU" script failed as the APU is still Off at the end.

FO lost ability to click "flat type" (example "auto-feather" and APU) switches with Q400 in VC when running under P3D V3

We are trying to restore that capability (which still works under FSX). We're going through a learning curve on this one, trying to figure out what LM changed.

It could take some time before this is restored.

Gerald,

Thanks for the answers, however for item 1. I already follow the rules you mention here:

1 - Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder
2 - Set "Prepar3D.exe" to run as administrator.

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Gerald,

I've made several tests with different aircrafts: even with the default F22 on ground with engines off, the status shown in MCE is always "Airborne". So it's not a Q400 issue.

Thanks

Roland

Gerald,

I've made several tests with different aircrafts: even with the default F22 on ground with engines off, the status shown in MCE is always "Airborne". So it's not a Q400 issue.

Thanks

When it's happening with any aircraft, especially the ground/airborne thing, it's a clear sign, MCE isn't able to get data from the sim via fsInsider.dll (running inside it)

If you're using a launcher app like FPS_Limiter, SimStarter or other, you need to also set the launcher app to run as admin, otherwise, Windows won't let it launch "Prepar3D.exe" as admin, even though the box "run this program as administrator" might be ticked.

If for some reason your entire \Prepar3D v3\ installation folder is shared, you need to make sure you have adequate permissions.

Before you start messing with folder permissions, which we don't recommend, if folder is shared, un-share it, re-enable Windows UAC if disabled (set it to default 2 notches up on the slider), restart PC and everything should work as expected.

If that's the case, it's a matter of finding out what is unusual about your setup. Sharing or other things.

Gerald,

Thanks .. and sorry, my fault!

I forgot that I tried to follow LM advise regarding installation of addons out of P3D main folder.

So in the DLL.xml, FSInsider was loaded form an external folder, and it was calling an previous version of the DLL of course.

Again, thanks for you help, and sorry for the mistake.

I hope you will be able to sort out the P3D push button issue.

Roland

Flying FJS732 on X Plane, I can't get VoxScript to move the flaps to a specific setting. I.E. Flaps fifteen or flaps one five. 

Flaps up or down works with VoxScript and flap settings work fine with voice control.

Thanks

Mike

When I ask MCE to "show panel 3" it works for default aircraft and my A2A P51D, but it doesn't work for my A2A Cherokee 180.

All it should do is send the key sequence "Shift 3" and it is not different for the Cherokee. If I do it via keyboard it works. If I do it via MCE, the command shows on screen but nothing happens. Why would only the A2A Cherokee panel display be broken in MCE? It does respond to other commands like "fuel pump on".

Thanks in advance.

When I ask MCE to "show panel 3" it works for default aircraft and my A2A P51D, but it doesn't work for my A2A Cherokee 180.

All it should do is send the key sequence "Shift 3" and it is not different for the Cherokee. If I do it via keyboard it works. If I do it via MCE, the command shows on screen but nothing happens. Why would only the A2A Cherokee panel display be broken in MCE? It does respond to other commands like "fuel pump on".

Thanks in advance.

That's normal.

Aircraft not on the fully supported list are interfaced as if they were default.

Whatever aircraft element (taxi light, panel or whatnot) is tied to the default FSX token, MCE will trigger it via the FSX SDK.

commands "Panel 1", "Panel 2" etc  map out to SHIFT + 1", "SHIFT + 2", etc...

Find out which "SHIFT+X" triggers that particular panel in A2A aircraft and say "show panel X".

Alternatively, make your own speech command in Voxkey. It must be different from the built-in one.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Voxkey.

For FSX, open "FSX Demo.vkp profile.

Create a custom command to open the particular panel you want and associate it to the relevant key combination. When done, close VoxKey.

At runtime, MCE will look-up the profile and make the custom command available for speech reco within the same speech engine instance running in MCE, so you don't need 2 programs running.

You speak the command, and the key combo gets sent to FSX.

For P3D, you'd need to edit "Prepar3D Demo.vkp

For FS9, you'd need to edit the other one.

I am one to say that this is my fault but MCE is completely out of wack to me. I will start a checklist or flow and the FO will say something, then say something else that i did not say to do. It just sounds horrible. Its made the entire experience aggravating especially Trav voice. Its almost as if he is talking to himself which is weird. I run windows 10 so i am wondering if thats it. I fly the pmdg MD 11. Is their anyone that knows what i can do?

I am one to say that this is my fault but MCE is completely out of wack to me. I will start a checklist or flow and the FO will say something, then say something else that i did not say to do. It just sounds horrible. Its made the entire experience aggravating especially Trav voice. Its almost as if he is talking to himself which is weird. I run windows 10 so i am wondering if thats it. I fly the pmdg MD 11. Is their anyone that knows what i can do?

Not sure whether this is related to headset quality or excessive ambient noise conditions, or simply a high gain setting on the microphone.

Are you a registered user  (I mean used MCE for a while and only experiencing this now) or going through the Demo first time?

You may want to read post #151 here

http://www.avsim.com/topic/398070-gsxaes-not-workingthen-please-report-it-here/page-11

Suggest you set MCE to calibrate your microphone on start-up.

If using USB headset, unplug it, wait a couple of minutes (touch the USB connector part of the headset), then re-plug it straight to the back of the PC and not via a USB hub or the front USB connectors.

Not sure whether this is related to headset quality or excessive ambient noise conditions, or simply a high gain setting on the microphone.

Are you a registered user  (I mean used MCE for a while and only experiencing this now) or going through the Demo first time?

You may want to read post #151 here

http://www.avsim.com/topic/398070-gsxaes-not-workingthen-please-report-it-here/page-11

Suggest you set MCE to calibrate your microphone on start-up.

If using USB headset, unplug it, wait a couple of minutes (touch the USB connector part of the headset), then re-plug it straight to the back of the PC and not via a USB hub or the front USB connectors.

Ok that sounds good. I kind of thought that myself. I use a cordless blue parrot 250 f headset that is used with a cellphone so it may be to sensitive to speech. I bought MCE about two weeks ago and this has been ongoing since i set it up so it must be the headset hearing everthing! Thanks

Ok that sounds good. I kind of thought that myself. I use a cordless blue parrot 250 f headset that is used with a cellphone so it may be to sensitive to speech. I bought MCE about two weeks ago and this has been ongoing since i set it up so it must be the headset hearing everthing! Thanks

Just in case...

If you went and bought a better headset AFTER going through the Demo, be aware now, the speech profile you trained under the old headset is no longer relevant.

Suggest you create a new speech profile in Windows Control Panel, make it active and train it from scratch using current headset.

A speech profile is a collection of 3 things

1 - A user voice

2 - A specific headset

3 - Prevailing ambient noise conditions where speech recognition is taking place (PC room location).

Change any of the above, and a new speech profile is in order.