Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

GSX/AES not working..then please report it here

Case of either over sensitive microphone ---  Could be. Just that it happens sometimes even with the microphone switched off. One definite ambient sounds are the aircraft engine and airport noises.

Almost MCE features are enabled. (definitely all the default features)

FO audio is through the speakers. Connected to rear output of Realtek HD audio card

Conventional headset. Plugged to front input of the RealteK HD. ATC is through the Headset from front Audio (the front audio and back audio are split in the Sound card setup).

Any Ideas?

Seetella Makhetha

My guess, engine sounds playing through speakers are causing FO to "hear things".

At the very least position them in such a way, they don't feed directly into the microphone and calibrate your microphone when starting MCE.

If not good enough, read on...

Remember, when training your speech profile, you normally do that against a completely silent background noise.

What I would do is this.

Get the simulator up and running with engines at normal level.

Use your cell phone (mobile phone) to record the ambient noise from your seat position. A couple of minutes recording should be enough

Create a new speech profile in Windows and name it as you like. Then make it active.

Play the pre-recorded audio in a loop, from the speakers position.

Then use our speech training tool to train the new speech profile under those "noisy conditions".

Start->All Programs ->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Speech training.

Forgive me if this was already answered, but how does MCE go about when both AES and GSX are installed? Preferably, it would use AES on supported airfields, and GSX otherwise. Is that the case?

I'm asking because since I started using the iFly 747, it seems pushback commands trigger either the iFly pushback feature (or maybe even the default FSX one) when AES isn't available.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

@d.tsakiris

Sorry couldn't quote your post for some reason.

When GSX is available, even when MCE mode is set to native, it will automatically switch to GSX mode, unless you have the option "Use AES" in MCE "advanced Options" panel in which case it would ignore GSX and use AES.

This means, to use AES after using GSX in previous sessions, you'd need to enable the AES option and restart MCE.

Hi Gerald,

thanks for your reply. So the option I'm hoping for (GSX always active, except when AES is available, then it's AES) isn't possible? Automatically, I mean.

Dimitri

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Is the newest GSX update with the new refueling system already supported by MCE or does it require an update of MCE also?

I would refrain from updating GSX and wait for a corresponding MCE update if necessary.

Is the newest GSX update with the new refueling system already supported by MCE or does it require an update of MCE also?

I would refrain from updating GSX and wait for a corresponding MCE update if necessary.

It's not in synch with latest, but shouldn't need to since when it comes to refueling the ramp agent only initiates it via the GSX menu. No monitoring of the fueling process is done.

Unless other things have changed in GSX...

Make sure you have the latest MCE version (2.6.87). I tested the new GSX last night and had no problems. as the changes FSDT made to the menus are things after MCE monitoring like Gerald says. Adding a choice of providers for catering. While MCE doesn't currently respond to that it will timeout in a few seconds and the default will be selected. The new refueling system changes come after you initiate it and past MCE control, so should be  no problem there either. 

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi Together,

is there anything special i have to think of when i want to use MCE and GSX on icing conditions ? 

I do the following steps: 

Cockpit to ground -> ground prepare for pushback tail left ->

ground respnods and then tells me if we need deicing -> i say yes 

then nothing happens no deicing or pushback nothing ? 

also when i say no nothing happens

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Hi Together,

is there anything special i have to think of when i want to use MCE and GSX on icing conditions ? 

I do the following steps: 

Cockpit to ground -> ground prepare for pushback tail left ->

then nothing happens no deicing or pushback nothing ? 

also when i say no nothing happens

What you need to be aware of is that there is no GSX SDK.

One nifty way we found to interface it, is to read the messages GSX outputs to the green bar.

When GSX writes something, fsInsider.dll running in the sim, captures the text and sends it to MCE for inspection.

When it says "Open door X", cabin crew will identify and open relevant door (be it directly or via FMC CDU depending on supported aircraft).

When it says "Close cargo door X", MCE mechanic takes care of that.

When it says "boarding complete", MCE will know about it, and ramp agent will act accordingly.

Therefore, for the best experience with MCE + GSX, besides keeping up to date with GSX, DO NOT DISABLE the messages output to the green bar and keep all timings settings to default.

Hey,

the green bar is there and, everything else works as you say (doors, ....).

But not for pushback with deicing.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Hey,

the green bar is there and, everything else works as you say (doors, ....).

But not for pushback with deicing.

When it comes to de-icing, MCE considers a temperature of 6 degrees as the threshold temperature at which GSX provides de-icing services.

It used to be 4 degrees, until a user reported the issue, especially when other weather engines are involved.

Latest version assumes when OAT is 6 degrees or lower, de-icing services would be available and pushback sequence takes that into account.

Anything above that temp, and pushback is handled differently.

If you have anearlier version installed, you can patch it by downloading this file, unzipping and replacing "mce.exe" (in MCE installation folder) and "fsInside.dll" in FSX/Prepar3D installation folder.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/MCE-Patch-2691.zip

Unless we got the assumed temperature wrong, and may need to ask Umberto (FSDT) about that.

I find that if I answer "yes", to the question from the FO, FO doesn't always respond, so try "affirmative"!

Also as Gerald says, make sure temp is below 6c.

Finally I find that you need to give the procedure time to execute properly. Sometimes it looks like its stalled, but if you leave the mouse alone and just wait, it all executes brilliantly! After de icing, the push back will proceed as requested.

Regards

David.

thanks guys i will try it out today.

If my wife doesen`t come home again with a bunch of IKEA Furniture =@

Also i get my new microphone (modmic v4) today maybee this helps too

sfo_a320.png

Reporting MCE doesn't work with GSX here, or perhaps I just don't know how to set up.

I'm spekaing phrases from GSX&AES.pdf but no response, nothing comes back.

Please advise,

Dirk.