Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:19 PM, Fighter Guy said:

Hello,

After updating to latest version 2.7.48, after requesting flight following, ATC gives a transponder code and requests acknowledgement of the squawk. I am no longer able to get a response from ATC unless I say option 1 to the menu item. Was working prior to update. Any suggestions? 

Also, is there a way to speed up the response from a script?  It appears that it takes the F/O a long time to complete a script even though there are no pauses built into the script.

Thanks again for a phenomenal product. 

Tony

I have the same problem but worse. Native P3D V4 ATC works well form clearance delivery to tower. After being handed over to Departure, communication becomes very problematic. 90% of the time, there is no response at all till I use "ATC option X". This was never a problem before upgrading from P3D V3. Everything worked perfectly in that version.  I have done voice training more that 20 times (literally) and the ATC will respond sometimes to the 6th call of exactly the same words same voice and same talking speed and tone. Once back to tower on the landing airport, the problem reduces or goes away. Problems are with Departure Approach, and Centre. No problem with Clearance, Ground and Tower. Any suggestions please.

Seetella Makhetha

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, skytrain said:

I have the same problem but worse. Native P3D V4 ATC works well form clearance delivery to tower. After being handed over to Departure, communication becomes very problematic. 90% of the time, there is no response at all till I use "ATC option X". This was never a problem before upgrading from P3D V3. Everything worked perfectly in that version.  I have done voice training more that 20 times (literally) and the ATC will respond sometimes to the 6th call of exactly the same words same voice and same talking speed and tone. Once back to tower on the landing airport, the problem reduces or goes away. Problems are with Departure Approach, and Centre. No problem with Clearance, Ground and Tower. Any suggestions please.

Do not overdo speech trng. It tends to make things worse. Just a couple of sessions per topic should be enough.

Go to <Sim> tab in MCE user interface and check MCE is seeing aircraft on ground and when it's airborne. Green text

What call-sign are you using? GA flying or Airliner?

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, FS++ said:

Do not overdo speech trng. It tends to make things worse. Just a couple of sessions per topic should be enough.

Go to <Sim> tab in MCE user interface and check MCE is seeing aircraft on ground and when it's airborne. Green text

What call-sign are you using? GA flying or Airliner?

I am using airliner call sign. But it happens even with GA. I have checked that it is still seeing it as per your advice above but still have no luck. I have to repeat the response sometimes five times.

Seetella Makhetha

Discovered error in pack 1 and 2 switch command.  It’s backwards. 

Voice Command:  "Pack1 or 2 to off"

FO Action: Pack 1 and 2  switches to auto

Voice Command: "Pack1 or 2 to auto"

FO Action: Pack 1 and 2  switches to off

Fred

Hi,

Since i installed the first version of P3D V4, i have a problem with the ATC of MCE

When i use MCE with P3D V4 (actually 4.3), MCE normally starst , detects the plane and ATC works normally  during  taxi and take off.

After,  when i  change frequency  to center,  approach or another airport (for exemple),  the VHF contact does not change on the UI (user interface) of MCE. Of course voice recognition does not work

If i choose a command manually with mouse in ATC window menu, so the the VHF contact changes in the UI  of MCE.

I tried  MCE V 2.7.4.2,........... V2.7.6.6      with      P3D V4.1...P3D V4.3

- FsInsider64, FsIni, MCE dlls directory (with the good dll64) are ok in he root directory of P3D V4
- Prepar3D.exe run as administrator
- no add'ons or dll
- basic scenery
- It 's the same thing when  i use only ATC  or when i enable also   "call-outs and monitoring " and "Real crew coordination"

I have P3D V3 and P3D V4.1 on the same computer  (Win 7 64 system with 16 Go RAM)
No problem  with P3D V3, Multicrew works perfectly.

An Idea to solve this problem??

Best regards,

19 hours ago, Altamira said:

Hi,

Since i installed the first version of P3D V4, i have a problem with the ATC of MCE

When i use MCE with P3D V4 (actually 4.3), MCE normally starst , detects the plane and ATC works normally  during  taxi and take off.

After,  when i  change frequency  to center,  approach or another airport (for exemple),  the VHF contact does not change on the UI (user interface) of MCE. Of course voice recognition does not work

If i choose a command manually with mouse in ATC window menu, so the the VHF contact changes in the UI  of MCE.

I tried  MCE V 2.7.4.2,........... V2.7.6.6      with      P3D V4.1...P3D V4.3

- FsInsider64, FsIni, MCE dlls directory (with the good dll64) are ok in he root directory of P3D V4
- Prepar3D.exe run as administrator
- no add'ons or dll
- basic scenery
- It 's the same thing when  i use only ATC  or when i enable also   "call-outs and monitoring " and "Real crew coordination"

I have P3D V3 and P3D V4.1 on the same computer  (Win 7 64 system with 16 Go RAM)
No problem  with P3D V3, Multicrew works perfectly.

An Idea to solve this problem??

Best regards,

I checked thing with latest P3D V4.3

If you install latest MCE V2.7.66, should be good to go: http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

May need to use this patch and replace a few files manually if needing GSX integration in P3D V4 or flying PMDG 737 or FSL A320

This patch only applicable to V2.7.6.6

Hi All

Im trying to use voxscript to program an after take-off drill in the majestic q400 and it doesn't seem to recognise any of the commands to turn the auto feather off. Any one else having this trouble?

12 hours ago, joshf said:

Hi All

Im trying to use voxscript to program an after take-off drill in the majestic q400 and it doesn't seem to recognise any of the commands to turn the auto feather off. Any one else having this trouble?

when you script a command and get "command doesn't exist, please check spelling or verbiage", may want to try other variations, like "auto-feather off" (with dash(-) between auto and feather).or "autofeather off" (without the dash)

Or is it that Fo doesn't seem to pickup the command when spoken?

I just downloaded the demo and all voices being i was planing on purchasing the program.

Upon first startup of demo, when it ask mirophone and speakers... I get to the tune microphone screen and hit the button tune mirophone it loads a window with a sentence for me to read and as soon as i start to read, like 3or4 words the window just disappears. I see that its picking up microphone sound but after a cpl. words it just disaprears.

I then hit the next button that says voice training...when i start that its not hearing anything so i cant read it.

Ive tried every microphone setup from your programs auto setup to windows,ect. But no go... I even tried starting the pmdg 747 but the program runs but no microphone.

The microphone is only not working in your program. Im really bummed about this cause this program seemed like what i was looking for...

Thanks dave

1 hour ago, Dave73 said:

I just downloaded the demo and all voices being i was planing on purchasing the program.

Upon first startup of demo, when it ask mirophone and speakers... I get to the tune microphone screen and hit the button tune mirophone it loads a window with a sentence for me to read and as soon as i start to read, like 3or4 words the window just disappears. I see that its picking up microphone sound but after a cpl. words it just disaprears.

I then hit the next button that says voice training...when i start that its not hearing anything so i cant read it.

Ive tried every microphone setup from your programs auto setup to windows,ect. But no go... I even tried starting the pmdg 747 but the program runs but no microphone.

The microphone is only not working in your program. Im really bummed about this cause this program seemed like what i was looking for...

Thanks dave

Hi Dave.

USB headset or a conventional with 3 mm jacks?

If it's a conventional one, which sound chip do you have in your system. Realtek audio or other?

I cant seem to get multi crew experience to work with aerosoft a320 professional version? any ideas?

I have the ogitech g930 wireless usb headset.... I did get it to work somewhat...i unplugged from my powered hub and put it directly in the pc...got it to hear when im training but sometimes it will switch to a new sentence to read when im in mid setence of another.

Also in plane the copilot will sound ok but other times i can barely hear him if that helps...thanks dave

8 minutes ago, Dave73 said:

I have the ogitech g930 wireless usb headset.... I did get it to work somewhat...i unplugged from my powered hub and put it directly in the pc...got it to hear when im training but sometimes it will switch to a new sentence to read when im in mid setence of another.

Also in plane the copilot will sound ok but other times i can barely hear him if that helps...thanks dave

Regarding dropping audio level.

Starting from Windows Vista, Windows has a feature whereby it decides to attenuate the volume level of applications it deems are background.

MCE and the speech engine it hosts inside "mce.exe" are deliberately run outside the simulator process for better stability of the latter and in FSX case, to prevent speech engine eating valuable Virtual Memory (limited VAS on 32 Bit sim)

You can disable that behaviour as follows.

Go to Windows Control Panel and start <Sound> applet.

Go to <Communication> tab and select option "Do nothing".

You won't lose volume level after that.

As for the wireless headset, be aware, there could be interference from other wireless devices. Try to position its transmitter in a good location.

The difference between previous usage of the headset and now is that it is transmitting both ways (IN and Out). And nothing should disrupt the flow.

You may want to read this thread.

Thanks!!! Other people arent kidding you are great!!! I moved the usb sensor for headset...also i found out the reason it was hear sometimes and not others was my airconditioner running across the room...go figure...

Thanks for your help...will defently be purchasing!!!! Dave

I've downloaded the demo and I hope to use MCE for the Flight Factor 757 in X-plane 11.  However, whenever I ask the copilot to set COM1 or ADF or the Transponder he sets the incorrect frequency.  I monitor the caption of what I am saying and it is correct, and he also reads it back correctly.  But the interface seems to be off when he tries to set the radio frequencies.

This seems to be Flight Factor 757v2 specific.  I looked at the 737 and it works ok.  Of course, I don't want to restart too many times on the demo!

I searched and searched for an answer to this before posting.  Sorry if it has already been covered elsewhere!

Matt