Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

If you think you have found something that's not working.........

It's 1.00801 for the Majestic (hotfix applied), and whatever the latest version of MCE is as of last week.

I guess I'll just report things as I run into them in this thread, but I also found that I couldn't get him to push the NAV button.  I tried "LNAV" and "Nav Mode" and he acknowledges the command, but doesn't set it, even though it is eligible to be set, and can be set by me.  Not sure about Vnav yet.

Code to read V1, VR, V2 and transponder happens to be a bit behind. It would work with 1007.

Will be updated within a couple of days to adjust to 1008 + hotfix.

It's a real challenge to synchronize with all supported aircraft (25+ without counting default aircraft), especially now all of them updating at a hectic pace.

That's why it helps when users discover those litle imperfections and report them.

It's really down to detail. An awful lot of it.

For instance, QW 757 has just updated that aircraft, and you bet there would be some little things broken in the MCE interfacing. Not show stoppers, but there will always be something that needs attention.

We had to do the same with QW146 when they introduced the BAe146 series...

Thanks for the eagle eyes. We need more of these.

I'll keep 'em coming then :lol:

Looks like it's having some trouble setting the Nav 1 or Nav 2 course (in the dash 8).  FO acknowledges "Track One to ...." but the course doesn't actually change. 

I just decided to run through a more thorough run-through of the various button presses and issues on the dhc-8 (in addition to what I've already said in posts above)

-He doesn't respond to "Spoilers to Taxi" or "Spoilers to Flight".  This switch is on the Captain's side, but he still ought to be able to toggle the switch.

"External Power Switch On/Off" doesn't toggle the External Power switch.

-"Set Landing Altitude to...."  He acknowledges altitude, but does not rotate the switch

-"Test Anti-Skid"  Acknowledged, but not done.  He is able to turn the Anti-Skid switch to the other two positions however.

-Generator One On" and "Generator Two On" recognized but not done.  Again, it's the Captain's side, but still out to be togglable by FO.

-"Set Altimeter to Twenty Nine point......" acknowledged but not done

-"Panel Lights On/Off" or "Instrument Lights On/Off".  He acknowledges and does something causing a "flash", but the 4 relavent knobs remain where they are and the command ultimately fails.  I suggest that when the Panel Lights on command is issued that he sets the knobs labelled Overhead Console, Glare Shield, Center Console Forward, and Center Console Aft to their 50% position for best lighting effect, and when commanded Off, those knobs are rotated back to 0. 

Other than these relatively few items, most everything that I checked out seemed pretty good.  All de-ice functions, tests, radar etc, worked really well.  Really happy once again to have MCE support for a good plane like the Dash.

Not really in the category of something that isn't working, just something that could be better on all planes, none in particular.

Certain commands are set by you guys to require confirmation.  An example would be "Set V1 one two zero knots" or "Set gust lock" or "Autopilot Off". 

When the copilot asks for confirmation however, instead of just repeating the command and then asking for confirmation, they always add in a bunch of extra stuff along the lines of  "I'm sorry Captain, I didn't get that, can you repeat that, you want what? set V1 one two zero knots, please confirm."

If the FO didn't understand the command correctly, that is one thing, but if they are just asking for confirmation about an item as standard procedure, can we get their response truncated a little?  Something concise and limited like "Roger, set Gust Lock, Please Confirm" would make the FO come across as much more believable, and might cut down a little on the annoyance factor.  

Not really in the category of something that isn't working, just something that could be better on all planes, none in particular.

Certain commands are set by you guys to require confirmation.  An example would be "Set V1 one two zero knots" or "Set gust lock" or "Autopilot Off". 

When the copilot asks for confirmation however, instead of just repeating the command and then asking for confirmation, they always add in a bunch of extra stuff along the lines of  "I'm sorry Captain, I didn't get that, can you repeat that, you want what? set V1 one two zero knots, please confirm."

If the FO didn't understand the command correctly, that is one thing, but if they are just asking for confirmation about an item as standard procedure, can we get their response truncated a little?  Something concise and limited like "Roger, set Gust Lock, Please Confirm" would make the FO come across as much more believable, and might cut down a little on the annoyance factor.  

There are actually about 20 variations (one is picked-up at random) of those prompts for confirmation, ranging from the short "sorry say again" or "please confirm" to the more verbose variant you mentioned above.

Will add a new option to bypass those variants and FO will just say "confirm" + whatever, for those who want it that way.

Certain commands are set by you guys to require confirmation

It is possible to bypass the prompts for confirmation as follows.

Let's say you're fed-up with getting "confirm ATS off"

Create a custom command such as "OK ATS off" as an alias for "ATS off".

Since scripted actions don't require confirmation unless option "require confirmation" is ticked, it will then be up to you to decide how to proceed.

After starating MCE, I selected a different voice for the copilot (Travis), and clicked the TEST VOICE button, and the program stopped responding and I had Windows dialogue popped up to close it. I tried the same with William and purser Isabella, and each time the program stop responding, and had to close!

Could this be a memory issue? I am running FSX on a relatively older PC with: Windows7,

a 2.7 AMD Phenom CPU,

only 2gb physical ram,

and a 2gb Nvidea gtx270 graphics card.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

After starating MCE, I selected a different voice for the copilot (Travis), and clicked the TEST VOICE button, and the program stopped responding and I had Windows dialogue popped up to close it. I tried the same with William and purser Isabella, and each time the program stop responding, and had to close!

Could this be a memory issue? I am running FSX on a relatively older PC with: Windows7,

a 2.7 AMD Phenom CPU,

only 2gb physical ram,

and a 2gb Nvidea gtx270 graphics card.

Stuart

Your PC specs are adequate.

What version are you running. Latest is 2.5.9.5X

In any case, install the very latest and if still happening, will take it from there.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

I have just checked and I am running 2.5.9.54.  I don't really want to have to reinstall unless there is and even later version.  

I think it may have been some memory issues following a couple of times that  FSX didn't load due to scenery.cfg issues and had hung.

I shall see how things progress, as I have ordered additional RAM too, which may help with loading photographic scenery etc. and not cause FSX hangs.

On another note / question, is it possible to run VOXScript application part without actually starting FSX, as this would be a lot easier when setting up various VOXScript scenarios?

Thanks

Stuart Hyett 

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I shall see how things progress, as I have ordered additional RAM too

RAM will help a bit. The crucial part is whether you are running Windows 7 32 Bit or 64 Bit?

With 64 Bit, FSX (or P3D) would have the whole 4 GB address space available for add-ons and the sim itself.

With 32 Bit Windows, the 2 GB memory of your graphics card will gobble-up half of the VAS. Which means you will easily flirt with the 4 GB limit, and heavy scenery will make it happen quicker.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit, with actually 4gb ram currently (not 2gb as previously mentioned), and have purchased an additional 4 gbytes ram, so will have 8 in total. Hopefully that will resolve memory issues with addon photo scenery etc.

Cheers

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

On the Majestic Q400 the FO will change the bleed flow knob, but only the model of the knob is moved to the correct position, while it technically stays on the current setting. So say it is set to Min and I want Max. Well the knob will turn to Max but it isn't registered in the game and when I mouse over it it still says Min in the tooltip.

On the Majestic Q400 the FO will change the bleed flow knob, but only the model of the knob is moved to the correct position, while it technically stays on the current setting. So say it is set to Min and I want Max. Well the knob will turn to Max but it isn't registered in the game and when I mouse over it it still says Min in the tooltip.

Thanks for reporting this.

Will be addressed in the coming week.

Thanks for reporting this.

Will be addressed in the coming week.

Thank you. Also, is it possible for MCE to recognize a flight plan in the Majestic Q400? Even when I load an FSX flight plan, I am still stuck in free flight.

On the Majestic Q400 the FO will change the bleed flow knob, but only the model of the knob is moved to the correct position

Now fixed in latest uploaded package

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Also, is it possible for MCE to recognize a flight plan in the Majestic Q400?

If you mean MCE UI doesn't display Dep and Arr airports, suggest you reload the flight plan while MCE is running so it can detect the path to selected flight plan.

This applies to any aircraft.