Sign in to follow this  
piperturbo

EZDok, recommend or not

Guys,

Do you need Track-IR to use EZDok effectively, or can you just use it with mouse/keyboard?

Thanks,

Will

I don't own a Track-IR and still love my EZDok. It's really absolutly worth the money! 100% recommendation!

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Hi.

I've been enjoying the NGX for almost 6 months without any problems or complaints.

Things are working perfectly.

Now, I am debating if I'd want EZDok, something I have never owned.

Reading some of the comments on this forum and some others, there appears to be

some people experiencing issues and frustrations with EZDok when used with NGX.

What do people recommend, buy or not to buy EZDoK?

Thank you.

There isn't a software app out there that doesn't have room for improvement somewhere. EzDok is no different.

But trust me, EzDok is a tough act to follow. Just like the PMDG NGX !

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

To all those responded ever so quickly, thank you so much.

Your words of recommendation is encouraging at least for me to

dive into EZDok world. I will buy it and experiment around this weekend.

Again, thank you much!

Have used it for about 3 months. You really need to watch the setup videos and it "all" falls into place. Great support on their forum.

Two weeks after EzDoc install, I quit using TrackV, and haven't used it since. For me, just don't need it after using EzDoc.

Tom

cannot recommend it enough!. if you have Track IR or not. You can blind any view to any key, even joystick buttons. You can tune it endlessly or just use profiles others have created. Im using the profile that angle of attack provide, not sure if you can get this without register but there are many out there!

Agree 100% to all these recommendations. It works great with Track IR and without it. You can even set it up so that certain cameras use track-IR and others don't which helps if you are struggling with the extra movement mentioned above.

A great place to start from is the setup that was made for NGX by the Angle of Attack team. I think it is available free from their site. It has far more cameras than I would ever use, but it gives you ideas of what you can do with it and it also gives you ready made settings for the turbulence/landing effects which I must say are the one thing I haven't learned to do properly myself yet.

Don't mean to go too OT but what exactly is the draw with this addon? It's just programable camera viewpoints, no? Edit: and some camera shake.

Don't mean to go too OT but what exactly is the draw with this addon? It's just programable camera viewpoints, no? Edit: and some camera shake.

Yep, that is exactly what it is and for a long time I thought exactly the same as you. Then one day I just got frustrated with how unwieldly the FSX default camera really is and bought EZDOK. I know it's a reasonable amount of money, it's not a plane or a scenery etc, but at least for me it has really increased my enjoyment of all the other products I have. The frustrations of your viewpoint being not ideal for a landing or taxi, difficult to see dials in VC etc etc. These are all things of the past after getting this humble addon.

^Just remember to install EZDOK update first on their site. Otherwise you won't be able to install those files like I learnt after 5 days...

I used EZDOK but found it a bit fiddly to use and the in flight turbulence was unrealistic. I prefer OpusFSX its a lot easier to use and they are adding new features all the time.

Absolutely go for it! I couldn't do without it any more.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png