Sign in to follow this  
kiki

UTX Caribbean

Thanks, I knew they were making it but I never knew it was released.

Maybe they are yet to make announcements, pre releases etc.

This will sit nicely under my Caribbean airports and Caribbean freeware stuff.

Cheers

Yeah got it, it made my flying experience in Cuba a lot better.

Very accurate roads too, I checked small holiday village where I visited earlier this year and all major roads are just like in real life, and also good coastlines.

This add on is right in my wheelhouse but reluctant to buy it. For FS9, I bought UT and it did not play well with a lot of add ons. Even though I tried to uninstall it, I could never get FS9 back to normal. I had to reinstall.

1. If you uninstall a UTX product, will FSX return to the exact state it was in prior to the application of UTX?

2. How does it deal with add on scenery - not just airports. Take AMS Cancun for example. Will I see a clash between coastlines where the default scenery meets the add on scenery? How about the roads from AMS?

I'd just take a chance and install it if I knew it wasn't going to hose my set up but add ons that have so many tentacles freak me out.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

1. Yes I think it should... I uninstalled it once after I messed something up in scenery library and noticed no problems caused by uninstallation.

2. Well at first when I installed it replaced some of my addon scenery airports with its own ones that were basically default ones with some fixed things. However after I went and searched from UTX directory with those airport codes and removed their files I had no more problems with other scenery addons.

This add on is right in my wheelhouse but reluctant to buy it. For FS9, I bought UT and it did not play well with a lot of add ons. Even though I tried to uninstall it, I could never get FS9 back to normal. I had to reinstall.

1. If you uninstall a UTX product, will FSX return to the exact state it was in prior to the application of UTX?

2. How does it deal with add on scenery - not just airports. Take AMS Cancun for example. Will I see a clash between coastlines where the default scenery meets the add on scenery? How about the roads from AMS?

I'd just take a chance and install it if I knew it wasn't going to hose my set up but add ons that have so many tentacles freak me out.

Take a look here at the UTX forum and I think most of your questions will be answered. If not your particular question, register on the forum, and then post it.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/support-for-all-the-ultimate-series-of-terrain-products_forum19.html

I have made it a practice to keep a current working copy of both the FSX scenery.cfg and the fsx.cfg in a safe place before doing any new installation.

In case of problems, it sure makes recovery much simpler.

That being said, I have installed UTX Caribbean with no problems. I love it.

Well I had the same problem when i installed GEX in caribbean. An i got the tool that looks for graphical errors in FSX. At first i had problem because the program auto correct certain scenery an it made my fsx unstable for some reason . I tried everything to get my fsx back to normal but nothing seem to work. So what i did was use the program even dow it cause me these problems . Then try to remember each scenery that the program repair files on. After that was done i just reinstall all the scenery in a certain amount of order . Some of these scenery have patches that comes with your purchase for example : in the manual they will tell you if your running any other caribbean add on please install this or do this etc..... Like for people who runs GEX an UTX in america an alaska, i think GEX has a patch that it installs if you are running UTX in america . So as far as the caribbean i think this tool dxfixerx can resolve lots of the graphic texture issues that may happen when you install different scenery . I read also some where i think it was in GEX caribbean add on that tells me if am running other caribbean add on to install a certain patch so both scenery add on can an get along an don't cause texture corruption. If you want to to take the risk you should try Dxfixerx it is some where in this forum . When i mean risk is because i have had this issue an it was because i selected the entire FSX folder to be scan . So it looks like the software corrected even aircraft texture an all sort of stuff. So other simmer what the did is just select the fsx addon scenery folder so that the software would only scan an search for errors on that one folder. That way you may not be confronted with the same issues i had. I think its worth shot since only i had this problem no one else reported the problem i had.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Just purchased and going to fly around. Great compliment to all the beautiful payware and freeware airport scenery out there. Especially Flytampa and Tropicalsim airports.