Sign in to follow this  
DreadMetis

Curtiss C-46 Commando available in Flight

Curtiss C-46 is the last and least DLC from Flight team that was finished before the announce of Flight's demise.

As the whole Flight team is disbanded, Soliceste & Loki, community managers, have been able to get this very last (and also the bigger !) plane DLC for Flight out of the pipes.

The plane is already released on Live market and within the game DLC market (means Live too). You may notice that the price is reduced if you instabuy from ingame (560 points) rather than from the website (640 points).

There is the US store link

I wasn't able to see it in the Steam Flight DLC list.

There is no checklist nor detailed cockpit view for this plane.

Flaps (3 notches) and trim are functional for me.

Some pictures I took :

More pictures from the military livery later !

Statistics from within the game (sry, in FR units) :

65 seats, 8165kgs max payload, 5300l max fuel, 14700kg gross weight, lenght 23m, widht 33m, cruise speed 370km/h, VNE 437km/h, 2797kms max autonomy, 442m for landing, 686m for take-off, 6.3m/s climb speed, 8412m practical ceiling, 202km/h max finesse with 10.0:1

This will compleat the collection anyway,such as it is. I would not call this a bush plane however.

I have it downloading now. It looks like they got the forward camara inside the cockpit, is that correct? This will still leave me with points that I can't most likely every use.

Edit: A very nice exterer model as with the rest of the no VC aircraft. What a shame!

And the military livery :

About the cockpit position, I have made some months ago modifications in my own config. that may interact with what has been done. The default camera is still far ahead the plane I believe...

Statistics from within the game (sry, in FR units) :

65 seats, 8165kgs max payload,

Does this affect the size of jobs on offer? I'll almost certainly grab it on payday anyway, but it would be nicer if I was not being asked to ferry only 4 people around in it.

As explained before in other topics about Flight's state, there has been absolutely NO CHANGE in the game's state, so no, there are no more missions or tasks ingame.

There are no specific missions for the C-46 so far, I wonder if Loki is brave enough to get a look in the tasks creation kit and would be able to apply some changes to this part of the game ? Maybe (surely) it's not his work... Or maybe some former dev. let some trail on how to do this ? But that is A WHOLE LOT OF SPECULATION !...

I'm gonna buy it via steam. It seems cheaper to buy it there since I'm in Canada. (The exchange rates right now say that 1 Canadian Dollar Costs 1.00895 US Dollar) When I buy it in the Xbox Marketplace, it costs about 2 bucks more before the exchange rate. I have no clue why though.

Maybe I don't understand everything involved but can't the locks on the aircraft in the hanger be removed. Would that not allow all the aircraft to be used for any activity? Just saying. What difference would it make at this point. It would be a good will gesture and a lot of fun.

Steve

As explained before in other topics about Flight's state, there has been absolutely NO CHANGE in the game's state, so no, there are no more missions or tasks ingame.

I had been hoping for a little fore-thought in the coding of the job-board, so that the appearance of a larger plane would increase the size of the specific jobs generated.

Well, its something that we got it! So thanks to Loki and Sol for their hard work. :)

True, and seconded.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I did use it for a job. Even got down on the 3rd attempt. Practice on a long runway to begine with. Good luck with the Fly-in Events and the Aerobatics Competition. All and all great fun. Something really different and very very heavy even with only a bunch of chickens on board. Way to high and fast on the first attempt, cleaned it up and did a go-around.

Definitely too high, Steve! :lol:

Looks pretty good, and so does the cockpit bitmap. I wasn't going to bother with it, but now I am considering getting it.

Best regards.

Luis

True to form the C46 is truck. I havent been able to nurse 200kn out of her. 172kn is the fastest so far. I still have to play with the prop speed and mixture, I think.

Looks like a great external model and texture! Its a shame it didnt get a great cockpit to go along with it.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

The Flight Dymanics make me want to puke. It's hard to control (not that it's not supposed to be in real life). My hands are hurting now.

Also, I was flying a cargo mission and I had to takeoff and land in 19 knot crosswinds. To make it worse, for landing, I had to land the C-46 on a like 1000 ft runway. Of course, I overran it, but there was a large field after the runway, so I landed on that. Unfortunately the landing was not counted for because I landed after the runway.

If you ask me why I didn't go around, I'd say that Flight Controls are SLOOOOOOOW to respond.