Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

pitch problems?

I'm thinking of purchasing this plane and I've read that others have said something about that it pitches up to quick on takeoff

has this been fixed? or is this not a big deal?

Ciao!

There isn't anything to worry about the flight model from my point of view, which is a sim one only.

The only negative things about the JetProp are the various needed user tweaks on the gauges and clickspots, to receive a working setup. :mellow: Doesn't sound like much of a recommendation, I know, but I really like the atmosphere on that plane and the hand flying. So perhaps pick a store with a refund policy or go for Carenado itself, which also allows for a refund when asked.

A good match are RXP GPS gauges, they stream their flight plan to the Carenado G500 screen, so you get a nice and modern glass setup with the terrain view and things.

I am a "real world" :-) pilot, but not a P46T one or even a turbine one, so take my comments in that vein...

The JetProp does pitch up somewhat aggressively after breaking ground, something you do need to be aware of, but I don't find this a problem in any way and I've always assumed it's modeling real world behavior in this. I certainly don't consider it a big deal. Otherwise, I would echo CoolP's comments. Despite some need for tweaking, there's just something compelling about the plane and, while by no means my favorite, it remains "a" favorite and a plane I enjoy returning to when in the right mood.

Scott

I'm thinking of purchasing this plane and I've read that others have said something about that it pitches up to quick on takeoff

Brian,

I have not noticed the quick pitch up you have asked about. Once you learn the proper power and trim settings for the Malibu, you will find she takes off quite smoothly.

Bill