Sign in to follow this  
RoboRay

Kerbal Space Program

Now that's a neat thing. I told you egg-shapes are the future. B)

I have a fuzzy question for you fellow KSP folks. How do you handle version changes? I for one always revert back to default, later adding the mods which, nowadays, need a few days to get adjusted. So for some time, I'm purely on stock KSP.

I have a fuzzy question for you fellow KSP folks. How do you handle version changes? I for one always revert back to default, later adding the mods which, nowadays, need a few days to get adjusted. So for some time, I'm purely on stock KSP.

I've got a parent folder, a list of installed mods and a subfolder for the last two major versions.

But I've found that, as long a Squad doesn't pull shenanigans like the "new part.cfg" stuff, any mod parts can be used in newer versions.

It's the modules that may suffer the most from version changes, but they tend to get updated rather quickly.

- Edit:

Still haven't tested 0.21 for reasons of immense addiction potential. There's a "career mode" plugin now...*Shudder*

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Interesting. So you always keep at least two versions?

Oh I'm very excited about that career mode. I guess my career will last at least.. one or two starts. :O

I always do a fresh start in a new KSP folder.

Most of the time, mods either still work or get updated quickly.  I do keep the old version in its own folder, to copy over any ship designs I want to keep, and to revert to if there are major problems with the new version.

Interesting. So you always keep at least two versions?

Basically yes.

Not that I use the older one, but it serves as a container for old mods.

Makes sense. I guess I will do it the same way. Well, so far, I've been lucky with every version progress, but you never know.

Must say that the modding community is amazingly fast by the way. You guys are right.

Just give me some time to test.  :smile:  Long-ish but funny description that is. But I do suggest to give the folks a tl;dr version of it. Just in case.

Edited. Wow, that's a huge ship. I'm still on the smaller ones but the new VAB will house this one now.

So Bjoern did you try 0.21 yet? I've found that new astronaut academy to be quite a good idea. Especially when it comes to the stats of the folks. :biggrin:

Yup. I'm merrily working, err....playing through Mission Controller X' "Stock" camapign. This plugin finally gave KSP a purpose!

No, the extended version.

Squad says that .22 will have a tech tree. I see a massive mod reorganization coming up...

Squad says that .22 will have a tech tree.

What does that mean (in layman's terms)? :huh: