Sign in to follow this  
RoboRay

Kerbal Space Program

Now you've said something. I have no clue on 0.22. Don't ruin it for me, Ray. :P

Brilliant work in my (laymen's) eyes. I very much agree on the thing with the second docking. Doesn't make sense to 'explain' it again to viewers being there from the beginning.

I would look at this transition again. The music part. Cut! And your video suffers from a game flaw. That repeating engine sound with the 'click'. Since I've now watched it on headphones (wait, I've listened to it), it became more apparent. Fun fact, some FSX addons also suffer from this flaw. Now there's nothing you can do about it when it comes to the videos. I think I just wanted to rant.  :blush:  The click even gets louder when you throttle back, in relation.

Other than that, if I could pick a favourite phase, it would be the 'two guys on the rover' one since it just flows and made me smile when looking at the excited Kerbals. Music choice. Top notch, but I have a soft spot for classical music.

So if the future viewers can make it through the whole video (keep in mind the reduced attention span of our times), they will most likely see a little gem. :smile: It also made me wanna play a lot.

Oh, yes... there are still problems to be fixed. I don't consider anything to be "final polish" yet. I do hope to smooth out the transition in that spot, and have been very annoyed by that clicking from the engine sound during the Mun capture.

There are a couple of other little glitches and mistakes that I want to take care of, too. I've got lots of save-points copied off, so I can go back to any point in the film and re-shoot scenes.

And now.. 0.22. :O Are there aliens now? Please answer quickly.

Ok...  I think I sorted out the issues with the "departing the Mun" segments.  I was able to juggle a couple of tracks around in the score and recut to them, which trimmed the excessive length of abandoning the LM and also let me put back in some stuff I previously had to cut for time-reasons before they took off from the Mun. 

I still left out the re-docking as I don't feel it adds any tension (the audience has already seen they know how to do that kind of thing) and just adds fluff-time.  I think that to someone watching the entire piece straight through, having just watched the lander un-dock, that it won't disrupt the flow.  I did make the fade transition a couple of seconds longer, though, hopefully to better convey that some time has passed.

I really like your video....are you using mods?

Just played the demo. This is insane amounts of fun!

Thank you for sharing. Right, I'm off to purchase this!

I really like your video....are you using mods?

Thanks!  I really hope to have it finished soon.  Especially now that 0.22 is out.  :)

The "Saturn V" is built from NovaPunch mod fuel tanks and engines, with Procedural Fairings as the shrouds encapsulating the lander.  The lander and science platform deployment mechanisms are DROMOMAN joints and arm pieces, powered by the Infernal Robotics plugin.

I've also got a few other informational mods (like ISA MapSat and MechJeb) installed, but they aren't essential to the craft's functionality.

Just played the demo. This is insane amounts of fun!

Thank you for sharing. Right, I'm off to purchase this!

Welcome aboard!  If you like the Demo, you'll love the full game.

0.22 is out.

Here goes the mod dance again...*Sigh*

And the updating of my stuff for SCIENCE.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Must say that this new career mode plus the unlocking with the science points comes in as a great idea. I saw a few threads on how to refine it or render more reasonable/logical, but the main notion to work your way up, literally, is a fun factor.

No mods so far. :blush:

Really enjoying the new science points. Adds a bit of a goal that was missing before. FOR SCIENCE!

I installed the new KW Rocketry pack and it seems to be integrated into the tech tree just right, plan on trying out the B9 pack as well.

FAR has also been updated for anyone who likes the more realistic air physics and better control surface control.

• Upvote 1

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

So the some mods blend in seamlessly into the career mode? That's good news indeed. Thanks for the info. Think of all that science! :lol:

By the way, am I the only one picking the more, erm, naive astronauts for the first missions? Bold strategy, eh? :Black Eye:

Ok, guys, lets talk cfg file tweaking. What? I use FSX too! :lol: It's a habit.

Nah, seriously, anything you KSP cracks would recommend? In earlier versions, it seems like people sometimes changed CONIC_PATCH_DRAW_MODE = 3. But I'm ok with the planning like that. Means default. I think 1 also was ok.

The only thing I've edited is outside of the cfg and was done via Nvidia Inspector. I've enabled the sparse grid supersampling and left the ingame AA options alone. If I pull it up some more, my GTX570 suffers, but the current 4x SGSSAA is cool and looks nice.

I think we are seeing more of a CPU limit with plenty of parts as something causing a mediocre graphic card to stutter. Wrong impression?

Yes, ask the four other people here...

Seriously, the official KSP forums are a much better place.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days