Sign in to follow this  
jetsflier

Gauges won't show up?

When you initially installed the ngx, did you put in the serial number when it asked you. Reason is this is a activation issue black guages etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I think there was also a separate problem that caused this... either way PMDG support guys will be able to help, just send them a ticket. They are usually fairly quick to respond.

I just experienced the exact same thing as you describe after having the NGX running 1 year without a glitch. I was mildly shocked and wondering what has happened: I just installed new controls from Saitek and had it working in the default planes using FSUIPC to set it all up.

After setling down i restarted my PC and it worked again and I could start setting up controls in the NGX with FSUIPC.

I think too that maybe activation has failed and then the plane does not lod the gauges and nothing work.

Sometimes the activation window for the product appears behind the fsx screen. If you look behind it may be there and asking you for your code.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Well, I got a speedy response from PMDG. They expected that I did not activate the product, just like some of you suggested as an option. However, the activation box won't even come up, after I tried everything they told me. Is there anyone who had a problem that later solved it that can give me advice? Thanks.

-Jack Carolina

Is there anyone who had a problem that later solved it that can give me advice?

Be sure that the (flexnet?) service in running in Windows. Also, delete your FSX.CFG.

I was going to look for the FSX.CFG and I couldn't even find one in the first place so that's handled. One of the hot-fixes was to turn on the FlexNet licensing service to manual - then activating it and 'turning it on' if you will. That didn't work, no activation box is coming up at all!

I was going to look for the FSX.CFG and I couldn't even find one in the first place so that's handled. One of the hot-fixes was to turn on the FlexNet licensing service to manual - then activating it and 'turning it on' if you will. That didn't work, no activation box is coming up at all!

Do you have TeamViewer by an chance? I could log in and try to help you with your problem.

No I do not, sorry. But I mean when does the activation box come up? When you start FSX? When you pick the plane? When? I have tried a lot of things and the activation box simply doesn't show up.

-Jack Carolina

No I do not, sorry. But I mean when does the activation box come up? When you start FSX? When you pick the plane? When? I have tried a lot of things and the activation box simply doesn't show up.

-Jack Carolina

FSX should ask you if you trust a source, or something like that, when you start FSX. It will ask you for the serial when you choose the NGX.

See it did all of that for me but the activation box never came up. I'm going to attempt to reinstall it and see if it will do that again, maybe I can figure this out.

-Jack Carolina

See it did all of that for me but the activation box never came up. I'm going to attempt to reinstall it and see if it will do that again, maybe I can figure this out.

-Jack Carolina

Ok. Run CCleaner to clean the registry or clean it out yourself.

Alright, it did not ask me this time about a specific file to be used - and the activation box didn't show up. I hope I didn't waste $70.

It works flawlessly for to many people for it to be a PMDG issue. Something specific to your machine is preventing the activation.

But then how the heck do I do this. I just lost $70 on something that has absolutely no value to me at the moment. I can't figure out the problem. Linux731 - I'm going to get teamviewer so you can help me I guess.

-Jack Carolina

*I have to go eat dinner so I will be back in a bit.*