Sign in to follow this  
Air1

Support for FSX has now ended!

Did not there ever was any to speak of? Go Flight!

Doubt any user will turn to Flight over this, LOL.

I don't think this will hurt FSX users in any way also, guess we'll see.

Best, Michael

KDFW

FSX has its user base and so does Flight, just enjoy what you have.

Everybody lost, there are no winners. Flight abandoned, FSX now unsupported (as if there was MS support for it during the last years)

I think this thread might go sideways fast.

Cheers.

Sorry, that was not the point. Just a point of information. Nothing else intended. Sorry I mentioned it. I use both Flight and FSX.

Sorry, that was not the point. Just a point of information. Nothing else intended. Sorry I mentioned it. I use both Flight and FSX.

No worries! Didn't mean to nuke your thread.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

No worries! Didn't mean to nuke your thread.

No problem, probably for the best. Rick, if this becomes a problem please lock it.

For myself, I think Microsoft is sending a pretty clear message that they are done with us. Flight abruptly discontinued, the beta forum about to close, and now support (what there was of it) is pulled for FSX.

The last of the "Big Players" appears to have left the building, and I wonder if we will ever understand why.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Am I the only one that is a little worried about a potential fracture in the flight simming community and userbase in the coming months? P3D is poised to be the next big thing but they'll never get there on the shaky EULA grounds provided for typical FSX home users. As we all know some developers are not supporting P3D in any way shape or form until Lockheed Martin allow a full home user entertainment license. On the other hand, some developers are going all-in and officially supporting it. No doubt many users will switch to P3D and stop purchasing addons that don't work with it (or the addon creators don't provide support for it.)

X-Plane 10, for all the strengths it brings to the table, still has a long ways to go towards user friendliness and some of the core components that make FSX so nice to use.

None of this is a good thing for flight simmers. We really need a product to unify behind to take flight simming into the future. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to sound like Chicken Little, it's all just food for thought :)

Look at the visible evidence, we know the fate of Flight and the timing of the news release about FSX coinciding with the closure of the Flight Beta forum is surely not a total coincidence. Big deal some will say. It's not about the deal it's about the message your sending. The message is clear, this is no longer our market.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals