Sign in to follow this  
DAL213

3960X OC to 5.0G, fully loaded PC, Great FPS

So if I want to bimble around and fly the stock 172 with no add ons, I shouldn't bother waiting for Haswell and just get an IB setup now?

My early testing of an i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz with fast RAM and an overclocked GTX 680 gave fantastic results with stock FSX. FPS well over 100 in most scenarios. Now that I'm at 4.9GHz with even faster RAM and a further overclocked 680, I don't really worry about performance even with lots of addons and 3 screens. Granted, I don't have any numbers to give right this moment, I'll be benchmarking in the next couple weeks though.

My early testing of an i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz with fast RAM and an overclocked GTX 680 gave fantastic results with stock FSX. FPS well over 100 in most scenarios. Now that I'm at 4.9GHz with even faster RAM and a further overclocked 680, I don't really worry about performance even with lots of addons and 3 screens. Granted, I don't have any numbers to give right this moment, I'll be benchmarking in the next couple weeks though.

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to dig through the FSXmark11 thread to find your benchmarks but that is encouraging. I haven't flown with 3 screens yet as I'm re-overclocking my i3-540 - it seems I've "lost" about 0.3Ghz over it's two years of abuse.

5600x, 6800xt, Samsung Odyssey HMD+

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to dig through the FSXmark11 thread to find your benchmarks but that is encouraging. I haven't flown with 3 screens yet as I'm re-overclocking my i3-540 - it seems I've "lost" about 0.3Ghz over it's two years of abuse.

You need more Vcore. That's common over time.

I'm afraid I find this thread slightly depressing :( I have a I52600K 4.8ghz 8 gig of ram and a 560TI (have bought a 660TI)

I initialy thought he was talking about the PMDG NGX, I get the same frames as the OP with the default 737 and sligtly better frames then him with the NGX,REX,UTX etc etc (probably because I have tweaked the sim to death.

What depresses me is that he has spent so much yet he is stuck with a poor platform that isn't tapping into that beast. We desperately need a new sim,..

btw, How much is a ppl in the states nowadays?

Rob Prest

btw, How much is a ppl in the states nowadays?

Purdue University (my alma mater) is now charging roughly $10,000 :Shocked: for their 50hr. pp course (I think is still 50hrs). This is just the "flying" part as one would concurrently take a 4 credit ground school. Granted one only needs 40hrs (35hrs at a 141 school) but this is not typical in my experience. I did mine over summer semester... nothing but studying aviation and flying for 2 months. Wasn't until my next flight course... about 30 hrs into it that I actually "felt" like a private pilot.

Here's a good link to check for a rough idea at a club. https://engineering....u/PPI/learn.php

I ran more test on my machine. I'm not happy with the results but I would love your feedback:

Carnedon Cessna 182 hd series

Rex 2024 resolution clouds

Mega scenery earth complete New York

ALL fs sliders are maxed out (except for ground scenery casting shadows).

Aero soft manhattan x

Fsdt JFK

1080p in 65 in plasma

My fps lined up at lga 04 are 15-20. My fps flying at 1200 over manhattan are 10-12 with occasional stutter.

Is this good for my specs?

Where should I cut corners to archive constant 30 fps or more without worries?

I'm seriously considering uninstalling mega scenery earth since it does not blend at all with manhattan x and New Jersey. It looks a bit off

Any suggestions?

Nico

Honestly that seems pretty much bang on for those settings. If you are running max AI that is defo a good place to start cutting back it is a huge killer at those big airports especially in the New York area (I've never flown around there but I've read lots of posts about how demanding it is). Try pulling back the Autogen to Very Dense as well. And turn off aircraft shadows - those will hit you with lots of AI around.

I equally enjoyed high fps with only FSX, but after I installed my add-ons, I kissed fps bye bye;)

Bloom is the next worst killer of frame rate and least impressive visually so turn that off first.

I did some experimenting last night. With all graphical, scenery, and weather settings maxed out running DX10 @ 2560x1440, (ground scenery shadows off but all other shadows on) and traffic @ 30% each GA & Airline (20% road, 10% for both boat types) @ default Friday Harbor in the trike the FPS never get below 100, usually around 150. Switch to a 3rd party plane like the Milviz C310 or the B55 and the FPS will drop to as low as ~30 but still get into the 60's and 70's often, averaging 40's and 50's. Worst case I saw @ KSEA in the NGX in rainy weather at night and the FPS was mostly in the 30's, dropping to the 20's on occasion. Still have to load UT2 and scenery addons, don't expect FSDT KJFK + Manhattan X & UT2 maxed out to provide super high FPS in the NGX, especially not when I finally enable the triple-screen config but I haven't tweaked the config file yet either so "maxed out settings" performance is by no means out of the question.

Honestly that seems pretty much bang on for those settings. If you are running max AI that is defo a good place to start cutting back it is a huge killer at those big airports especially in the New York area (I've never flown around there but I've read lots of posts about how demanding it is). Try pulling back the Autogen to Very Dense as well. And turn off aircraft shadows - those will hit you with lots of AI around.

Actually, I read a lot of NickN's advice (I love that guy, he is honest, and very up front with people).

This is the link to the thread:

I have to be honest..... Im sick of reading "tweaks" to compensate for bad hardware. This is the only reasoning I read that actually aims at maximizing FSX for a high end rig.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/different-scenarios-different-settings-thats-how_topic41798_page1.html

Results:

Flying over Manhattan @ 3,000 ft with Manhattan X, PhotoScenry Earth NY, all sliders maxed (except for traffic kept at a min), FSDT JFK 6 miles away, UTX, GEX NA, FEX, REX..... and Im locked internally @ 30 FPS and my FPS reader shows 29-31 FPS...... isnt that amazing??!!

Actually thgis brings me up to the next question:

If I installed (in this order) all of these add ons, is there something I should do to avoid conflict? My runways are messed up (I see dirt and patches of grass all over):

REX

PhotoScenery Earth Manhattan

Manhattan X

UTX

GEX

Flight Environment X

Any thoughts?

Actually, I read a lot of NickN's advice (I love that guy, he is honest, and very up front with people).

This is the link to the thread:

I have to be honest..... Im sick of reading "tweaks" to compensate for bad hardware. This is the only reasoning I read that actually aims at maximizing FSX for a high end rig.

http://www.simforums...1798_page1.html

Results:

Flying over Manhattan @ 3,000 ft with Manhattan X, PhotoScenry Earth NY, all sliders maxed (except for traffic kept at a min), FSDT JFK 6 miles away, UTX, GEX NA, FEX, REX..... and Im locked internally @ 30 FPS and my FPS reader shows 29-31 FPS...... isnt that amazing??!!

Actually thgis brings me up to the next question:

If I installed (in this order) all of these add ons, is there something I should do to avoid conflict? My runways are messed up (I see dirt and patches of grass all over):

REX

PhotoScenery Earth Manhattan

Manhattan X

UTX

GEX

Flight Environment X

Any thoughts?

Which aircraft is this with?

Which aircraft is this with?

NGX 737-800. And 16x AA for virtual cockpit... is actually pretty sick :rolleyes: