Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Flightsim "Spring Sale"

They are having a sale on some of the Orbx scenery at about 25% off. It appears it is the older scneries.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/specials.php

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks, I didn't catch that.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

DVD only though.

Is that a bad thing? I guess shipping would add extra charges but I assume any updates would work for the DVD version also.

Is that a bad thing? I guess shipping would add extra charges but I assume any updates would work for the DVD version also.

Its not a bad thing, no. Just worth mentioning I thought. I know some people are not interested in DVD's when you factor in shipping etc.

Bumpy, I picked up a DVD W16 Monroe from PCAviator a few weeks ago on sale and had no problem with updates.

Carl

Shipping from Australia to the U.S. wipes out the savings completely.

I reckon it will depend on how much the discount is... year and a half ago I bought FTX Australia from them for $50... shipping was $11 (U.S. Midwest).

and had no problem with updates.

yeah updates are a non-issue...

Mmm, I know it's a personal thing, but I've never got that DVD thing. I mean, I download an addon, save it to disc for easy access and then a second HD for backup. Although I can see how cool it could be to have a library of DVD cases, all lined up reminding you constantly of how much money you've spent on this great hobby B)

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Mmm, I know it's a personal thing, but I've never got that DVD thing. I mean, I download an addon, save it to disc for easy access and then a second HD for backup. Although I can see how cool it could be to have a library of DVD cases, all lined up reminding you constantly of how much money you've spent on this great hobby B)

Yes, I seldom get a DVD unless it is a very good sale price that will offset any shipping plus additonal savings. When I bought the Orbx DVD I had a $10 coupoun plus 10% and $2.99 ship. Orbx said they would not have any more sales so I thought I better take advantage of the deal.

Carl

Man, even with the sale, it is still expensive!...Did they jack-up the price for the sale? I don't remember those tiltes being that much $$$

Man, even with the sale, it is still expensive!...Did they jack-up the price for the sale? I don't remember those tiltes being that much $$$

This is an expensive sport. I do feel that most addons are overpriced but at the same time its not like they are selling multimillions of copies like some console games.

Just because Orbx does not have sales anymore does not mean FlightSimStore and PC Aviator and others don't put the Orbx items on sale. Watch PC Aviator for some good prices and buy on Tuesday's for an extra 10% off that covers the s/h.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

This is an expensive sport. I do feel that most addons are overpriced but at the same time its not like they are selling multimillions of copies like some console games.

Oh, I understand very well FS is a niche hobby and the prices reflect the high cost, no question about it. But the prices on that web store are kind of high. I seen some old titles there where the costs is to high!...For example, the VLJ from JF which I have is way overpriced. I think I paid $20.00 for it a couple of years ago..It's an old addon. And I saw others too. There are better prices elsewhere, even direct from the company. So, it's no deal to me IMO.

peace