Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Flight Environment X...?

Maybe some picture comparisons ?

Have removed REX, but here is some FEX shots using FEX water and clouds and Pablo's freeware HD sky set. Opus for weather engine.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Have removed REX, but here is some FEX shots using FEX water and clouds and Pablo's freeware HD sky set. Opus for weather engine.

Very nice shots! I'll have to check out his sky set. What are you using for ground textures? Is that flying over NZ?

Thanks Michael,The first shot is turning to final for 5R @ NZAA, ground textures are "Godzone" payware Auckland Supercity. The remaining pics are over central France enroute EGNX to LFMN.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I often fly YBBN-NZAA or YBCG-NZAA and always love doing the 05R straight-in approaches. I really need to look at getting some ground textures though, might start with AU and NZ.

Problem is I don't like to be confined to one region all the time and enjoy doing flights on all continents which would be a lot of scenery to cover!

Looks quite impressive... Although, the steep pricetag on FEX kinda scares me off. :unsure:

Let me put it this way....

If you already have REX, I wouldnt bother.

I got FEX when it first came out. It was undeniably the best available at the time and had a solid reputation behind it with Peter Wilding and Chris Norris.

I have never had a problem with it, nor have I ever seen the need to replace it.

Whilst it has all the 'hi-def' textures for clouds at 4096 (and was the first to do so) I dont use anything more than the 1024 sets because, IMHO, the 4096 sets all have 'hard edges' which dont look like real clouds at all to me. I say that about ALL 4096 clouds, not just the ones that FEX provides.

The one nice thing that FEX does that other programs dont (to my knowledge) is the cloud and sky designer where you can create and share your own variations.

NickN did some crackers with his cloud, sky and water sets.

So, bottom line, while it is very good and has some features that 'others' dont provide, I dont think I would purchase it if I already had REX.

If however you dont have anything like either of these programs, then FEX would do nicely.