Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Schutte

Imaginesim ATL FSX

Well, I went ahead and bought it, as a previous owner of the scenery I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a discount for existing customers- but I wasn't going to let it prevent me from seeing ATL in 2012 standards. Anyway, I plonked myself on the north side of the airfield at a GA position, I ended up in a heap of cargo pallets, alongside a cessna caravan which had suffered a similar fate, sitting in boxes. Now I removed the previous version from my scenery library, but have yet to fully uninstall, so perhaps there is a problem with the 2 AFCADs getting along, so I won't blame this problem on the new version just yet, still more testing to do regarding that.

I began at dawn, took a quick look around and there were things I liked a lot, and disliked, the animated vehicles that scamper about the aprons hunting for aircraft were very well lit, the headlights were excellent;

xd1rx.jpg

Then there was the abyssal darkness found here and there, for such a large airport I was expecting more light, what was lit, was lit well but I was hoping to see some more interesting night lighting effects, none to be found it seemed;

c9ToA.jpg

The terminals themselves were only marginally better than their predecessors from 4 years ago, nothing wrong with them, but room for improvement;

o1mit.jpg

The airport background has clearly been updated in most areas, a very welcome site and one that I enjoyed very much, very well done and it certainly improves the overall appearance of the airport from the air;

BFxpq.jpg

The new international terminal has been included, and I have honestly not seen any photos of this as it stands in the real world (just haven't been bothered to look tbh) - it looks pretty good in the scenery, the apron left room for improvement, seems quite bland and wanting of additional detail;

hSsX8.jpg

The modelling is good, background imagery is quite poor, I found this quite surprising;

jefw0.jpg

As I mentioned earlier, the updated background imagery in most areas looks very good, I really wish they had done more with the taxiways, runways and aprons though, all of which have this bland appearance which could easily be rectified with just a few HD textures;

TaXsE.jpg

My frames were not terrific, I typically see 45+ with FlyTampa, FSDT, LatinVFR, Tropicalsim etc. and here I was looking at around 20FPS. Could this be the reason? I appreciate cars as much as the next aircraft pilot, but you would be hard pressed to find this many in all of the FlyTampa sceneries combined. :lol:

XTTeW.jpg

Carparks on final, highways, the traffic holding short of the runway, I wasn't surprised to see less frames, I was surprised to see 20 less frames though.

wmDrx.jpg

Well, this just doesn't look quite right. If they followed the roads it would look excellent;

hHUjM.jpg

I am left with mixed emotions with this, I believe it is undoubtedly an improvement over v1- but is it a 27USD improvement? This is only 1 dollar and 30 cents less than most FlyTampa sceneries, and the quality isn't comparable. FSDT sceneries are significantly more expensive, nearly 8 USD, but the quality is once again, far superior. I don't think we will be seeing a new ATL version for quite some time, if at all, by any other developer, so this is it for now, and in that respect, I would recommend it absolutely. It is a commendable effort of a difficult airport to tackle, good effort Imaginesim.

Can you see yourself buying this? Questions? Let me know.

Thank you for the photos.

I'm disappointed ImagineSim isn't offering an upgrade price to their customers who purchased this scenery for FSX. It is unfortunate to some, including me, that some decide to purchase it without an upgrade price, but freedom is a beautiful thing.

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I have to say I agree with your assessment.

I'm not big into buying airport scenery as you're only there for a short time cand usually dont see the whole airport when you do a flight from one. However, with me about to try VATSIM again, I was looking forward to this airport. I think I'm going to wait for a sale down the road and then get it.

Thank you for the screen shots.

PS: I don't think I've seen that many olive colored cars in my entire life

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

This looks brutal to be honest. It is what it is, a FS9 port over and it shows.

Thx for the honest review

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Thank you very much for this honest review. It seems to me that, though some screenshots do look great, it's not a must-have add-on.

Regards,

Flo