Sign in to follow this  
AirborneZed

Sunlight from behind VC

Is there a way to have VC shadows in the NGX, or any plane for the matter? For example, duiring a sunset at any altitude, when flying east the sunlight goes right through the back wall of the cockpit and reflects off the panel like so: fEvY4.jpg

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I don't think it streams through the actual cockpit wall. It's simply an ambient light effect. If it was the actual sun coming through, the light intensity would be much higher not to mention you would also see the light reflected off the flat glass of the PFD, ND etc.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Shade does not protect from this FSX (and previous) limit.Any aircraft will do the same when in the same condition. The only difference is between airplanes using fsx shadows (those seen in dx 10 preview mode) but the complex ones doesn't use them.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I have shade, no idea how to use it to eliminate this effect when there's a wall behind me.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

As far as I remember, Shade only increases contrast (highlight-to-shadow-ratio). Self-shadowing flight-deck geometry is not possible in FSX. Look to the DCS-series of simulators for that.