Sign in to follow this  
bloxboy

P3D Freezes when using ProAtc/X

Hi Guys, Has anyone else been having this problem. It seems to be a ProAtc problem because the defult ATC works without a problem.

Have tried the default plans in ProAtc and ones I made myself, but 9 out of 10 freeze P3D at some stage during the flight, (but not ProAtc). There seems to be

no patten when the freezing happens. I think some people are having the same problem in FSX, but it is not a wide spread issue with this

program. Myself and a few others have reported this to the devs at ProAtc, but no solution has been posted on their forum yet.

I have P3D and ProATC running with admin rights, on Win 7 64, and use the defaul B737 FSX aircraft.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John.

The B737 imported from FSX may not be native to P3D, it being the only thing that catches my eye

Try another a/c?

Maybe not, I will be trying out P3D with Pro-ATC and will post my opinioons here, and see if i crash too.

Doin a flight from KSLC to KBOI at FL 230, no problems at all in the B200 Carenado

Except that the FP does not load into the GPS auto, I do it manually, one waypoint at a turn

Hi Peppy, Thanks for your suggestion, I will give it a try with another A/C, although people are using the PMDG 737 NGX without problems.

John.

I seemed to have solved the freezing issues in FSX by installing the software on a networked laptop.No more freezes,crashes,stutters whatever. Ok I only tested 2ce. I did ltba-lgav lgav-ltba.I hope i didn't jinx it lol.

Maybe it works with P3d as well.

How are finding it in other respects? Are you hitting finals at 120000ft? Are you promised vectors that never transpire? Are you constantly badgered to expedite your climb to an altitude you've been holding for half of the flight? Do you ever hear back from them if you try to contact them? Have you completely wasted £40?

Sorry to rant, but this is the only time I've ever felt genuinely ripped off by a FS product, it's half finished at best, I didn't know it was normal to have to pay to beta test things...

How are finding it in other respects? Are you hitting finals at 120000ft? Are you promised vectors that never transpire? Are you constantly badgered to expedite your climb to an altitude you've been holding for half of the flight? Do you ever hear back from them if you try to contact them? Have you completely wasted £40?

Sorry to rant, but this is the only time I've ever felt genuinely ripped off by a FS product, it's half finished at best, I didn't know it was normal to have to pay to beta test things...

No. Most of those issues are gone. Most of the time I've been descended properly and vectored appropriately. I say Misty because there will be anomalies. And if u miss a waypoint it will get u to climb or turn back. Biggest thing is to import the AIRAC and always do an align with scenery.

There is also fairly regular updates. So be sure u have the latest updates and align again.

If u don't set it up correctly it won't work well. Same with rc4 and voxatc.

Its coming together nicely and will be the best ATC add on. Look forward to it. More feedback we can give the better it gets. Just like opus weather. Hang in there.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Its coming together nicely and will be the best ATC add on.

There's absolutely no sign of the veracity of either assertion. It's simply not ready for release. I have the latest updates, problems as I described still exist and support is poor. I would implore everyone to put off buying this until it's ready. I feel like an idiot for not heeding the plentiful warnings of others on the AVSIM forum about this product. At the moment it's a £40 stress-related headache, and nothing else.

There's absolutely no sign of the veracity of either assertion. It's simply not ready for release. I have the latest updates, problems as I described still exist and support is poor. I would implore everyone to put off buying this until it's ready. I feel like an idiot for not heeding the plentiful warnings of others on the AVSIM forum about this product. At the moment it's a £40 stress-related headache, and nothing else.

Never said it was perfect. It can be finnicky at times, but im just finding that my setup wasnt quite right. Im using it for alot of flights now.

As for support, I have gotten an answer a day later via email every time and Ive asked and related issues at least 4-5 x. All of which were helpful or noted for an upcoming update.

But I think youve made up your mind already and your entitled to that.

Having active development in ATC product is key as any other options are dead in the water for development.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png