attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1366690136.203947.jpg

It runs 5 nicely with the AMD HD6990.

Scott,

That's an awesome setup!  I've been thinking about running P3D on more than one monitor and getting a Matrox TripleHead2Go box to stretch it across at least three monitors.  Would you be willing to share how you achieved your setup in that picture?

Are those separate windows that are adjusted to line up or is it the entire view stretched across 5 monitors?

I prefer to see the virtual cockpit like you have it across multiple monitors.  I know P3D can utilize more than on PC to add more monitors as well.  Are you running that on one PC?

Steve

The monitors are Samsung SyncMaster E2420s. They 23.6 inches and have a resolution of 1920X1080 at 60Hz. They are mounted to a standard white particle board shelf from Lowe's. Each monitor is attached to the particle board using an inexpensive swivel mount from MicroCenter. I wanted to be able to see as much of the cockpit and world outside so I rotated the monitors 90 degrees so they are tall rather than wide. The swivel mounts allowed me to create a nice arc with the left side angled much steeper than than the right side. I did this for the best viewing since I sit on the left side of the cockpit. I used metal heating tape to secure the monitors to each other once I got the proper viewing angle.

The video card is:

XFX AMD Radeon HD 6990 830M 4 GB GDDR5 Four MINIDP DVI PCI-E Video Card, HD699AENF9

I'm not sure if this video card is still in production.

You need 4 mini display port to DVI adaptors so you can hook up all 5 monitors.

This is an Eyefinity video card so all you do is set the resolution to 5400X1920 and your set. I'm running the sim at 54000X1920 stretched across the screen. I use Opus to set my views and have it set to 100% zoom.

The computer is a single a I7-2600K.

This setup gives a very lifelike flying experience.

The monitors are Samsung SyncMaster E2420s. They 23.6 inches and have a resolution of 1920X1080 at 60Hz. They are mounted to a standard white particle board shelf from Lowe's. Each monitor is attached to the particle board using an inexpensive swivel mount from MicroCenter. I wanted to be able to see as much of the cockpit and world outside so I rotated the monitors 90 degrees so they are tall rather than wide. The swivel mounts allowed me to create a nice arc with the left side angled much steeper than than the right side. I did this for the best viewing since I sit on the left side of the cockpit. I used metal heating tape to secure the monitors to each other once I got the proper viewing angle.

The video card is:

XFX AMD Radeon HD 6990 830M 4 GB GDDR5 Four MINIDP DVI PCI-E Video Card, HD699AENF9

I'm not sure if this video card is still in production.

You need 4 mini display port to DVI adaptors so you can hook up all 5 monitors.

This is an Eyefinity video card so all you do is set the resolution to 5400X1920 and your set. I'm running the sim at 54000X1920 stretched across the screen. I use Opus to set my views and have it set to 100% zoom.

The computer is a single a I7-2600K.

This setup gives a very lifelike flying experience.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1366855001.510456.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1366855017.917643.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1366855028.081153.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1366855038.038324.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1366855047.441264.jpg

Scott,

Thanks for the reply and the pictures.  I'm very impressed.  I'm running an Nvidia GTX570 so the Eyefinity route is not available for me.  I am hoping the Matrox TripleHead2Go route works out for me.  I use Opus for my weather and EZDOK for my views.  Opus recently upgraded the software to make the views better and I anticipate switching my views over to the Opus side.

I use Opus to set my views and have it set to 100% zoom.

Could you tell me a bit more on Opus (i'm not familiar with that) and how you set your views?  I have 3 Dell 27" screens with an NVIDIA 680 card. All three monitors are plugged in the card and I have NVIDIA set to span all 3 screens (thus, win7 recognizes it as one single super wide monitor). 

My issue is that the right and left side views are stretched out disproportionately.

This should fix the stretching problem:

////

The existing ‘WideViewAspect’ configuration setting in the Prepar3D.CFG file for wide

screen monitors is now accessible via a checkbox in the ‘Options-Settings-Display’ user

interface

///

Opus lets you create set camera views then assign a key or button to switch to that view. You can even set on button to more than one view. I set a general forward for a plane then a landing attitude view on the same button. That way I can cycle through my forward views.

Opus is also a head movement and weather setting program.

I am thinking of switching over from FSX to P3D. I have a Dell 30" and can only fit two smaller monitors (spun around 90 degrees) on either side. Is it possible to set the main view to span over the 30” central monitor in landscape and two smaller monitors in portrait orientation? I would also like to compensate for the monitor bezels. Obviously these two smaller monitors would have a different resolution to the 30" in the middle.

to set the main view to span over the 30” central monitor in landscape and two smaller monitors in portrait orientation?

Not possible with nVidia Surround.

The monitors have to be same resolution and orientation to span the one view across all three monitors.

Possibly ATI Eyefinity might do it..... Anyone?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

No ATI here, I have a GTX760. So nVidia surround is the only way to do it for this card? If so maybe NVidia will update their software to allow this configuration one day  :-/

No ATI here, I have a GTX760. So nVidia surround is the only way to do it for this card? If so maybe NVidia will update their software to allow this configuration one day  :-/

There is the alternative of not using Surround but using the three monitors independently.

You can create a VC view on each monitor, manually align them and then assign a button

or key to the Link All switch in P3D view controls to have them all move as one when you pan around.

It's pretty awkward in practice and it does have a much greater adverse affect on frame rates than Surround.

One big advantage is that it totally avoids the outer monitor distortion you get with Surround.

However as soon as you pan up or down the edges of the screens will not align properly

and it can look pretty bad.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I know this is an old thread, I Currently use FS9  and CS757   i made a custom 757 Simpit, i edited and created my own MIP from the captain sim 757 panel and 2 monitors. 

I use ATI 7970 card, running 3x1 eyefinity 23" displays and dual head2go for the bottom 2 23" displays, on the same card. 

I run windowed Mode, top display 5760 x 1080.  bottom display 3840x1080 off the dual head2go. 

20150106_212340.jpg

i also use Airdisplay to run my Cs757 FMC  through wifi, that makes it an extended monitor, 

I am willing to replicate this setup with PP3D in windowed mode? 

PC specs. 

AMD 8120 4.2 ghz

16gb DDR3 Ram 

7970 amd card 

soundblaster SBZ 

256 GB SSD

2TB Sata drive 

... wondering:

• how many Monitors Prepar3D is supporting ?
  • Any limitations to the mode Window or Full Screen ?
  • Does it support over the Network Monitors, or we need to you 3ed party like wideview ???
Yair
...Really good questions!

Heard a lot of good things of dell monitors

Win10, I-7 2600k OC'd to 4.2Ghz/Gforce 770 2GB Prepar3.15

First 3-screen test with monitors added left and right. I've had them for years, dedicated to other things..this combo...smacking my head for not trying it years ago...blew me away...thanks to my son, CR for helping me mount the left one. Getting an identical mount for the right one, currently precariously sitting on the drop down desk

Both L&R need sizing and color matching, ...but they are NOT distorted...it's a REAL full left and right screen extension of the center screen and yIelding a Wopping theoretical 5760x1080 resolution, yet P3d only show's 1920x1080, BUT as you can see,

http://youtu.be/XLh7WbzbNg0

there is no apparent distortion for any screen. The problem is, I can't fill up one and certainly not all monitors.

I am using a Dell 27 inch 1080P touch screen for my center monitor, and two 23 inch 1920 x 1200 monitors on the left and on the right. This is my first attempt at three screens and I am excited at the first try at multi-monitors and promises.

it seems to be semi-working, with way higher frame-rates than I am used to >=90FPS in some cases...weird...I thought I had it set to 31FPS. NormallyTrackIR is ALWAYS on in one monitor situations, but it's shut off here. Note: Nvidia surround will only support two screens. I had to forgo that option.

Any ideas on how to max out all screens?

Follow up...I tried the trick of creating two new views, undocking them, moving them to the left and right, resizing and...low and behold I got all screens full size...in Full screen view...exiting full screen, gave me the same partial screens...pressing full screen again, gave me back the three wonderfully full size screens ...BUT...

WITH the damned white screen title bars!!!!!!! Soooooo close!!!

Full screen=full screens with title bar at the top

uncheck Full screen=Partial screens but with NO title bar at the top

Any ideas on how to max out all screens...WITHOUT the title bars?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

WITH the damned white screen title bars!!!!!!! Soooooo close!!!

Any ideas on how to max out all screens...WITHOUT the title bars?

Chas

So are you using the Alt + Enter keys to go in and out of full screen mode?

Do you have the Auto Fill option checked in the P3D graphics section?

gb.

gboz, on 09 May 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

So are you using the Alt + Enter keys to go in and out of full screen mode?

Do you have the Auto Fill option checked in the P3D graphics section?

gb.

Gb,

I wrote a response, but I guess I didn't send it....Yes to both questions.

In Surround there was an option for 1x3 on the drop down which I initially missed....so now surround works on all three monitors , and while the effect is pretty...and compatible with TrAckIR...AWSOME on three screens, .and, while NOT running Orbx's Sca, I was up in the high sixties doing touch and goes at Santa Barbara...and I gotta say...even at 3840...it was beautifully immersive...

yup...Windows/Nvidia Surround is reporting only 2/3rds (3840x1080x32) of the expected 5760 Horizontal resolution. It's as if the one different monitor, my 1080p Dell touch screen's contribution got thrown out...yet still shows up pretty as can be between the two 1920x1200 24" monitors.

just for grins, I disabled "Surround" and set all monitors to their native. 1920x1200 on the 24" wings EXTENDING the 1920x1080 on the Center Dell 27"...optimizing the horizontal resolution but..beautiful, but back to square one.

I wonder if there is an alternative to Nvidia Surround...SoftTH?...a software TripleHead?...I understand it is a DLL like shader, but for the life of Me, I cant find it on their site....only pointers to the source code on Github...

...or ...do I have to buy another 770 and run in SLI to get the full 5760...

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

yup...Windows/Nvidia Surround is reporting only 2/3rds (3840x1080x32) of the expected 5760 Horizontal resolution. It's as if the one different monitor, my 1080p Dell touch screen's contribution got thrown out...yet still shows up pretty as can be between the two 1920x1200 24" monitors.

Used to be that Surround needed all three monitors to have the same native resolution and for that resolution to be set on each one.

Today I'm not really sure since Surround has evolved a bit.

I've come across a couple of posts suggesting you now just have to set the same resolution on each monitor regardless of the native resolution.

That really does not help you much though since you would have to set those 24s to 1080 which might look pretty bad.  ??

I don't think SoftTH has any DX10/DX11 support.  ??

Might be better to save up for another 24".  ??

gb.

...or ...do I have to buy another 770 and run in SLI to get the full 5760...

No that will not make any difference.

gb.

Follow up...I tried the trick of creating two new views, undocking them, moving them to the left and right, resizing and...low and behold I got all screens full size...in Full screen view...exiting full screen, gave me the same partial screens...pressing full screen again, gave me back the three wonderfully full size screens ...BUT...

I am using a TH2Go, and three LCD monitors for the view using the software from Immersive Display Pro. You may want to give it a try.  They documented the setup process very well for P3D and FSX.

http://fly.elise-ng....edisplaypro10r1